Tfw your 1000+ page encyclopedic postmodern novel will be remembered as the best novel of this century and will be...

>tfw your 1000+ page encyclopedic postmodern novel will be remembered as the best novel of this century and will be ranked up with gravity's rainbow, infinite jest, and ulysses in terms of sheer cerebral craft

sorry, I don't read fiction

>wanting praise, and success for imposing your metaphorical phallus on the literary world

really great literature right there

Huh? Did Sun Kill Moon guy write a book?

> tfw you consider yourself lucky that even a few people bothered to read it

>sorry, I don't read fiction

> is on Veeky Forums
> "The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."

is that 2017 johnny depp

>tfw your 20000+ page semi-biographical collection of essays, fictions and poetry won't be remembered by anybody soon and you aren't even 100 years dead but at least you didn't go to jail for killing that guy that one time

>tfw you walk around with the delusion of having enough talent to write a good book but you simply can't get yourself to write it, but now the delusion is finally wearing off and you feel like the talentless pseud you are

>Implying 1000+ pages of 'BLUUE CRAAB CAAAAAAKES' is going to ever be published

my goal in life

stop drinking start writing

>tfw your 3000+ page biographical novel isn't good enough for the editors to keep the 100 pages long pooping scene

hey I saw that dfw interview too

>my sister fell into the oven at panera bread, she was only 35
damn...

>perfectly map, through impeccable craft and sublime introspection, the deepest that there is, your entire consciousness in a 36000+ pages essay
>to make any sense out of it people REALLY have to understand Hegel's, Kant's, Deleuze's and Derrida's entire ouvre

>tfw it still become a best seller

So it's not loaded stadiums or ballparks
And we're not kids on swingsets on the blacktop
And I thought at fifteen that I'd have it down by sixteen
And twenty-four keeps breathing in my face
Like a mad whore
And twenty-four keeps pounding at my door
Like a friend you don't want to see

Oldness comes with a smile
To every love-given child
Oldness comes to rile
The youth who dream suicide

Is Kozelek releasing a book?

Is pic unrelated and OP is talking about Ayn Rand ?

>>tfw you walk around with the delusion of having enough talent to write a good book but you simply can't get yourself to write it,
it's ok. most people are like you. they spend more time daydreaming about having written something than actually writing. the "im always working on my novel because im always thinking about my novel" crowd.

I'm not even a writer but you shook me up. I need to start working on my shit NOW

It's tough because some writing does require a lot of thought before it can be written. Lots of people are just kidding themselves, but lots of complex ideas need to be fleshed out in mental drafts before they can make it to the page. Of course, preliminary process writing can help these thoughts emerge quicker if done in tandem with speculative thought.

>I'm not even a writer but you shook me up.
what do you do?

>Hegel's, Kant's, Deleuze's and Derrida's entire ouvre
One of theses is not like the other.

This is true but once you actually start working you can articulate thoughts in more useful way.

Well, I need to do lot of writing actually, but I'm into filmmaking.

>Lots of people are just kidding themselves, but lots of complex ideas need to be fleshed out in mental drafts before they can make it to the page.
i often write myself into a corner because im dealing with rather complex ideas. over time i've learned to skip it and move along. then when i come through on the next draft 9/10 times i immediately know how to write myself out of the corner.

not sure if the problem is being worked out in the subconscious or if it's fresh eyes but i believe the key is to keep writing. you can't just stop writing and contemplate a section of your work for a week or two. there's probably no serious writer that wastes that kind of time.

if you're not watching the cursor blink while you're thinking about your novel then it's a waste as far as i'm concerned.

>Well, I need to do lot of writing actually, but I'm into filmmaking.
yea, lots of "filmmakers" probably fall into the daydreaming trap and never actually make anything. writing novels and making films literally requires thousands of hours of REAL work. there's no time to waste on daydreaming about how smart people are going to think you are when you're done with the thing that you havent even started.

i'd never write a postmodern novel.

>postmodern

>people remembering you

>not writing under a false name so people don't associate the book with you and only see the book

>being this thirsty for praise

Actually kill yourself for making me want to kill myself.

I'm planning on writing a book that's some obscenely long number of words so it matches perfectly to some mathematical constant. This way, if anyone tries to translate it, I can say that there was some meaning lost, and it can only be read in the original text, forcing some idiots on internet literature forums to learn the dead language that is now only spoken by six people in the middle of a southern california suburb as a joke.