If there was a rapper (a bit like Lil B) who read classic literature and philosophy and then wrote songs about it would...

If there was a rapper (a bit like Lil B) who read classic literature and philosophy and then wrote songs about it would you support it? here's an example of the type of material he'd be producing

>"hunting a white whale, fat ass white bitch, ship's called pequod, captain ahab got a ivory leg, moby dick fucking ate it, queequeg is my nigga 'cos he got tattoos, hoes suck my dick 'cos I talk about the sea, hoes suck my dick 'cos I talk about the bible, hoes suck my dick 'cos I make analogies, hoes suck my dick 'cos I eat fish"

well?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pgdDLfvjAUA
youtube.com/watch?v=VtrVuCgcGjk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

why not?

Not that guy but literature is about conveying ideas and building worlds out of language. Rapping is about flexing nuts, pounding your chest, and flinging your shit. It's a musical genre that discourages music, discourages talent, discourages innovation, and discourages intelligence.

What you wrote was trash, but if there was a rapper that could make it work it'd have a lot of potential

I agree, but the meeting between rap culture and artifacts and literary culture and artifacts creates an amusing contrast

Murubutu

>who is kool a.d.

Rap is poetry.

When I was 27, I grew accustomed to more fear
Accumulated 10 times over throughout the years
My newfound life made all of me magnified
How many accolades do I need to block denial?
The shock value of my success put bolts in me
All this money, is God playin' a joke on me?
Is it for the moment, and will he see me as Job?
Take it from me and leave me worse than I was before?
At 27, my biggest fear was losin' it all
Scared to spend money, had me sleepin' from hall to hall
Scared to go back to Section 8 with my mama stressin'
30 shows a month and I still won't buy me no Lexus

what a terrible example, don't ever come here w/ that nerd shit again.
here:
I'm trying to make the money fast, nigga
I'm trying to keep this shit together
I call that boy eggbeater fast
I cook good, but he cook better
Sipping Coronas with my vato
Me casa you know es su casa
Big cat we used to call el gato
Now GuWop they call me El Chapo nigga

I unironically love Hamilton, so yes.

kendrick lamar is so awful, just compare his shitty lyrics with this

lamar is too personal, i don't want to hear your fucking problems faggot, lamar also has the most fucking beta lyrics like "i always cum fast but never get embarrassed" that line sucked on two counts cuz it didn't rhyme anything, and two he's admitting he's a beta faggot who got no pussy before the jews made him famous and now he nuts in two seconds, shit is awful

>Not that guy but literature is about conveying ideas and building worlds
>building worlds

get the fuck out of here with your genre shit faggot, literature is not about "building worlds"

that's literally the point, it's a song about a dumbass braggadocious kid

>that last line
Eww, why

what? what do you think is "braggadocios" about that? that was a bunch of beta ass poor lil rich boy shit to bait middle class white faggots into liking it

In Italy there's actually a fair few rappers using Classical Philosophy and/or philosophical concepts in their songs.

Murubutu, Zona MC, CREATURINE MAGGICHE...

and that's why no one listens to italian rap

>Italians.do.it.better.wav
youtube.com/watch?v=pgdDLfvjAUA

oh god italy is a like a whole country filled with fucking guidos, thank god the protestants broke away from you and created a new world that isn't filled with gaudy baroque decorations and greasy hair

>I don't want to hear your fucking problems faggot

Yeah, you are a pleb, just like I thought. What is poetry you fucking retard?

The last line is gold in my opinion.

7/10

You're right in that's what it's now be degraded to, but that doesn't discredit the artform itself or argue it inherently has those values

Trash ass garbage

you picked their shittiest song tho

no because i dislike hip hop.

Aesop Rock is who you're asking for

>Aesop Rock
>nerdy shit for white faggots

gtfo of here with that shit faggot

I don't know how well trying to directly engage with texts would come off in hip hop. Too many allusions is probably going to result in cramped, or forced, lyrics.

The rapper would have to have a sense of fun. Trying to educate or worse yet enlighten people is usually embarrassing. The notion of a concept album, though, or using archetypes, is interesting, and there are things like this in hip hop. Prince Paul and MF DOOM come to mind

No. I don't enjoy rap music.

that's because youre a nerd and a virgin

I don't know if those facts are related.

Talking about muh dick over a beat doesn't do much for me.

that's because you got low test, might as well become a tranny and take it in the ass, you're practically a chick already

>asks for literature and philosophy inspired rap
>thinks it won't be nerdy

lmao

Are you offering? I'd love to hear you brag about your dick while you fuck me.

youtube.com/watch?v=VtrVuCgcGjk

sadly most plebs think "may 4th movement" has something to do with faggity ass star wars lel white nerds who want "intellectual rap" never like Digable Planets which leads me to believe what they really want is something that's not "too black"