I consider poetry to be an abominable use of the written word. Words, sentences, grammar...

I consider poetry to be an abominable use of the written word. Words, sentences, grammar, all exist to convey meaning and sense, not to be 'musical' or 'aesthetic'. This is childishness. Great writer must not concern himself with such pathetic appeals, and great writing is the writing that becomes invisible, replaced by platonic image of pure ideas.

notice me, Veeky Forums

>I consider
who gives a shit
fuck off

Actually, poetry came before prose. And it was used to convey meaning.

I think this is bait.

>I'm Spock xD
>poetry has to be rational xD (science rocks \m/)

t. someone who knows literally nothing about linguistics, language, or literature

>posts an uneducated pretentious opinion on a literature board
>calls literature childish

You just wrote poetry... Why?

>words, sentences, grammar exist to convey meaning

Smh

very subtle bait OP, you sure caught alatta fish

Great argument

B- But the Professors I pay tens of thousands of dollars a year told me I'm supposed to like poetry. You have to be wrong because I have too much stake in their being right.

>great writing is the writing that becomes invisible

Agreed. And poetry, as I'm sure u know, is where this is achieved, if it ever is achieved. My guess is that youre purposefully aping Plato qua fascist for reasons of your own. This is a /pol/ thread cleverly disguised as a Veeky Forums one.

>Behold, Veeky Forums!
>The crutch of Western Dualism rears its ugly head!

This post really outs you as someone with no understanding of poetry, writing, or Plato.

>You should not listen to music "Muh audio is for clear instructions"

>You should not watch movies or appreciate a picturesque scene; "Muh vision is for to perceive threats and seek opportunities"

>You should not masturbate "Muh dick is for impregnation only"

Maybe OP is right

>*tips

You need more than that to constitute a criticism.

>false equivalencies
He's right. There is no need in this world fag men who convey liberal meanings of "art".

I know this is bait but: are you against all art or just language presented in an artful fashion (which, is more than just poetry, but that seems to be your argument)

>cleverly

lol

>your phone corrects "for" to "fag"
You are human waste. :^)

>Shakespeare would be better if he wrote technical prose

>I consider poetry to be an abominable use of the written word
Well, there exists no authority to determine this as an axiom and there never will be. So who cares what you think, faggot?

>Let me tell you what writing is
Instantly discarded. I hate brainlets like this. A lot of them skulk around this board and pretend to be an authority.

kys

I didn't know james ellroy posted on Veeky Forums

Came here to steal Natalia pic

Shakespeare is proof you are wrong.

>Words, sentences, grammar, all exist to convey meaning and sense
I should probably start reading more instruction manuals.

and you need more than

>Behold, Veeky Forums!
>The crutch of Western Dualism rears its ugly head!

>he doesn't realise poetry is the highest form of literature, all literature strives to read like poetry

>all literature strives to read like poetry

wrong

Well mate tbqfh I never really enjoyed poetry, besides a select few authors. It's meant to be like that I guess, poetry is not very accesible.

>poetry is not very accesible.
No it just seems that way since they took it out of the curriculum and no one reads poetry on their own anymore.

Or maybe you're just lazy

>he reads for the plot
back to with you

Wow, that's the dumbest fucking piece of shit I've seen written in days, and I regularly browse this hellhole. Also virtually every writer who ever lived would tell you you're a moron. So all in all, 7/10 bait.