When you want Italian cuisine, nothing beats the aroma and taste of Chef Boyardee, but the question is

When you want Italian cuisine, nothing beats the aroma and taste of Chef Boyardee, but the question is.....

Is this meal better served right out of the can or hot?

ravioli has to be hot
spaghetti and meatballs is best cold
beefaroni is best hot
it's situational

When I was in the Navy I survived off of a few things. Chef Boyardee Beefaroni with the hot sauce they had on the ship. I didn't have time to warm it up, so you'd just crack the lid off and dump a SHITLOAD of hot sauce in there and eat it with a plastic fork. Those Vienna sausages too, they sold them on the ship so you'd load up on them and some energy drinks, shit'll keep you going for working over 30 hours straight. This was years ago, and I never want to have to eat like that again.

I always go straight from the can, and I ironically like it
there's a price lock at my stop and shop that all varieties are $1 so I've been working my way around the gambit. Found out there is sausage stuffed ravioli which is pretty good

Best is warmed in the can over an open fire.

I have chef boyardee cravings from time to time, maybe it's nostalgia. Always microwaved (duh)

Lasagna>chili mac>overstuffed italian sausage>other varieties

Did you guys ever have that Chinese energy drink, Hi Tiger?

always went to the fat line huh, me i always went for those triangle fish cakes if they had em ,and i knew if the day would be good or not if they had any tartar sauce left

>Hi Tiger
Never heard of that. I noticed they used to try to keep the same shit stocked no matter where we were. Like if we were in the Gulf and they brought supplies on, we'd get a bunch of Mountain Dews from the Middle East. Everyone called them Durka Dews.

I was on a carrier and we had two mess decks, two lines on each. Each one of the four lines would serve something different. But I worked in the plant and just wouldn't have time to get a meal because all the Air Dales (dudes in the colored Jerseys on the flightdeck) would be already in line. I didn't feel like waiting a half hour to get what looked like dog food poured over rice. It was easier to just get a bunch of canned foods and eat before going on watch, but of course this was only a problem on deployment.

Whoever was running the forward messdecks literally turned one of the lines into a "potato bar". It was a baked potato, fries, tater-tots, and other potato...things. And they got away with it.

I used to know a gutter punk that would eat soup straight out of the can. He insisted that they had to cook it before putting it in the can. Oddly, he had a job as a mystery customer for McDonalds. I wonder whatever happened to that guy. He's probably dead of an overdose by now.

Canned food is already cooked.

The armed services sounds a lot like prison, reading this thread.

Hegemony ain't gonna support itself, sacrifices must be made.

I'm not knocking it- it just sounds like commissary vs. waiting for chow is about the same.

its okay

You don't exactly have a lot of options when you're on a ship, user. At port they can go anywhere to eat.

I've never been to jail, but from what I've seen in movies of them getting food it is pretty much exactly the same. You wait in a long line, you pick a tray up from the stack and there's different metal bins filled with food. On our ship you were allowed to serve yourself though, the cooks would just replace the metal bins of food when they ran out. We had two ship's store, both about the size of a small gasstation's store where they sold snacks, sodas, cigarettes and extra T-Shirts, boxers/panties and socks. Razors and shampoo.

>had black african chef who would make the soup >when asked the flavor he just reply "best flavor" >this happened for 2years straight not once did he ever say what soup it was

>panties
ok. the girls(male) in the pen would have loved this.

was it, indeed, the best flavor?

lol we had actual women on the ship, and the longest deployment I was ever on was 8 months, and that was during the Fukashima shit.

It was always the first day of a long deployment where everything was in working order and the put their best foot forward when it came to serving meals. Oh yeah, they'll put out steaks on that first day, all the fountain soda machines work so you can get an ice cold glass of Pepsi, fresh looking lettuce for a salad and new bottles of Mayo. After that first week, that's when their true colors start to show. You start noticing bottles of condiments with the expiration date cut off, nothing fucking works, people are being served those hot pocket looking Chicken Cordon bleus, but somehow they are burnt.

never

Do Americans really eat this?

>And they got away with it.
Frankly I'm astounded that there isn't some kind of nutritional guideline they're forced to follow

There is. Everything you do in the Navy comes with a procedure. Everything! From changing out the o-ring on a circ-pump, to chipping paint, to taking jet fuel samples, to cooking food. That's why I said they got away with it, because no one stopped them and said "what the fuck are you putting out for these guys to eat, potatoes? What the fuck is wrong with you they're down there working for hours in a 120F steam plant and you can't even cook them a fucking meal like your job title says you're supposed to do?"

Yeah, no one ever did that. So I ate canned meat.

Both, heat up the can on a stovetop

/thread

>Yeah, no one ever did that. So I ate canned meat
Oh, poor babby. The sailors in the forecastle of yesteryore, ate salted meat from a barrel and hardtack at every meal unless they hit a port. They also manned sails in ice storms and hurricanes. Stop being such a puss.

I ate it and I did my job you ass. Did I fucking cry every time I cracked open a can of cold Beefaroni? No, I poured hot sauce in it and went to work. I was just explaining to someone why I would choose to eat that instead of the shit that they put out on the line. I was also explaining that there were people who literally signed up to be cooks, and couldn't even do that.