Mfw there are no legitimate arguments against moral nihilism

>mfw there are no legitimate arguments against moral nihilism

Just ask God to show you.

I thoroughly debunked it in my diary desu

>moral nihilism
That's an oxymoron, you moron.

you are either trolling or too retarded to warrant a reply, but here it is anyway

Technically moral nihilism is contingent on God's non-existence, so it starts out with a fiddy percent.

>hurr durr I believe in nothing -- except for common decency
a retard is you

Nihilism just means there is no inherent meaning to the universe/life. Not that we cant give it our own meaning.
Im a nihilist but that doesnt mean i go around stealing and killing cuz "hur dur it doesnt matter anyway"

No, it means that you use the structures of the culture like a child uses help wheels. What for, what for. Whim or ploy; to drown before sleep.

>moral nihilism
Is it what this guy's practicing?

Morality is the priority of those inherent values you have yet to remove from things.

ok u stupid pseud

If value is entirely subjective it is meaningless.

It's a contradiction, you're just a retard.

>If value is entirely subjective it is meaningless.
>people this stupid actually think they should engage in discussions

Okay guy ill just stop goin to work, stop paying rent, lay on the floor and wait to die cuz it doesnt matter regardless

>Nihilism just means there is no inherent meaning to the universe/life. Not that we cant give it our own meaning.
You are describing existentialism or absurdism. Nihilism is a position that explicitly states that we can't assign meaning to anything. The only natural state of a true nihilist is being dead. Maybe just sort yourself out before trying to apply labels. They really won't impress that girl anyways.

Feel free to refute it then instead of using a meme image and an ad-hominem FALLACY.

What if one person's value, which they gave their life meaning with, much as you did yours, is directly in opposition to your system? Is one more right? More valid? You cannot have ethics without some conception of the divine.

God loves you user.

Yes.

It must be exhausting.

So nobody ever has been a true nihilist? Cuz they choose to eat over starve?

>lermontov
>meme image

kys famalam

what does Stirner say about morality?

'Muh feels' is a legitimate argument against moral nihilism.

>lermontov
>not a meme
Let me guess, you're "into" Russian literature

>it's a literal babby trying to argue dogmatic absolutism with his 9th grade meta-ethical revelations
Okay.

are you quite literally 14 years old? please leave

>Morals are socially necessary.
>Humans are social animals
>Therefore humans need morals

>no
>yes
>no

Nice replies, I especially liked the part where you didn't provide any arguments

Is-ought fallacy

you're stupid, read Kant

oh, right, sorry, if you're stupid you kan't

Cunt.

Please leave

I don't like it, therefore it is invalid.

the definition of one precludes the other

moral nihilism is believeing god exists :^)

Lol Christians are so desperate to convert people. It's kind of endearing.

What ?
Are you retarded?

>dude nothing matters lmao
>except this thing called morals which was imposed on me by society and religion

>when OP doesn't know legitimate's meaning
>when the other 22 unique IPs don't either
Legitimacy could be argued to only be available under moral nihilism as it values the law above the individual and group, the utility of the law, the efficacy and efficiency of the law, and reality.

It's bullshit.

If the only purpose of morality is to organize society, then if man is removed from society, morality is useless. Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.

idiot

The amount of retards in this thread is astounding
Have we found a new litmus test for retardation??

I'm right there with you. People think so black and white with morality. It's not that simple.

Plenty of people have committed suicide by starvation

How new are you, and where did you come from?
I am genuinely curious, not trying to trash you or anything.

>Nihilism is a position that explicitly states that we can't assign meaning to anything.
It literally doesn't.

Nihilism: the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless.

early 19th century: from Latin nihil ‘nothing’ + -ism.

this means nothing to a nihilist

Sure. Which means that we need not speak with or tolerate nihilistic cancer. The conveying of meaning falls flat on them. It stops being speech and becomes input.

relativity =/= subjectivity
objective facts can be nested within subjective experience

you're argument is self refuting and boils down to "there is no meaning, therefore you ought not derive meaning from this sentence" it is fallacious on at least 3 levels explicitly and quite as many more in it's implications. this should be clear on immediate self reflection, and is why you are bereft of any serious replies.
no one is going to take you seriously regardless how many times you insult their memes pal.

What is phenomenology?

Idiot.

The tern is not describing a 'moral' type of nihilism, rather it is describing a nihilistic outlook on morality

That's a moron, you ox

The same can be said against your claim.

Of course, both are complete bullshit unless we decide to reside only in the limited sphere of nihilism itself.

kek

Plebs

One never actually escapes the truth of nihilism, though. That's the point. What you're referring to are what I have termed the "delusions of productive adulthood", which reinforce procreation, religion, purpose in general. In language familiar to Veeky Forums: spooks, more or less (my sense is slightly different but not by much).

Quite the opposite of being limit(ing), nihilism is totalizing, covering and negating everything. But please appeal to maturity some more.

t. not the OP the OP is right.

Have you tried the argument from no longer being a freshman English major?

Well as long as your having fun with your nihilism then have at it

unrelated, I walked into my bedroom today and saw this

You've just been spoiled rotten. Anyone who has experienced an honest day's work knows life is full of purpose.

Slam Dunk

No, you don't. You have PRECISELY fallen into the trap which I have explained here:

Let me be absolutely clear. I have worked hard at jobs, been rewarded and recognized for ability, it feels good, that sort of thing. whoop-de-doo.

I know better than you the delusion of meaning through the performance of adulthood. Ironically, several literary adults vaguely sense the same thing, yet reject total nihilism (Nietzsche, Sartre, Erikson), and the irony of this is that the edgier among them /sense its truth/.

To reject nihilism, to pretend that any escape from it is possible. This is the fundamental intellectual error of the existentialists, of Nietzsche.

The 16-year-old vacant edgelords who themselves not having yet become adults, are not yet in a position to understand that they really are actually right all along. And yet it's so obviously so, to the hate of anything with a pretense of productive adult society, even the socialized edgy-adult who tired of their former, more-right selves. The Void snickering.

I think there's a picture of a pyramid. I think your thing falls somewhere towards its middle.

Not that any of this matters. And this is the part where I win.

Not that it matters.

How the fuck do you read:
>Morals are socially necessary
And infer the claim:
>the only purpose of morality is to organize society
You are a pretentious shitter who can't even grasp basic causal logic without fucking up. I would tell you that you should be ashamed of yourself, but you probably lack any capacity for self-awareness, you Dunning-Krueger masterpiece. You belong on this board.

there is one.

it's called life

>legitimate
Legitimacy is a moral category, since you're using it as a means to a moral end, regardless of the amoral context of the discussion. Moral nihilism just means you're lying to yourself to feel better. (also a moral judgment)

>philosophical debates

>mfw no one has yet been able to refute OP.

>bumping your babby bait with anime girls
This isn't /b/, friendo. Fuck off.

Bump

I thought death was also ruled out in those 3 too (absurdism, existentialism, nihilism).

Not him, but it applies in the reverse either way; a "moral nihilist" and a "nihilist outlook on morals" are basically interchangeable because most discussion on nihilism has an intrisic dilemma at it's core. In other words, you're being redundant.

All nihilists are, in a way, moral... And would have "nihilist outlook on morals."

In order to have a rational discussion about this, you need to have certain epistemic standards. Those epistemic standards are precisely as strong as ethical standards.

Nihilism manifests as acts, same with Altruism, and not as the idle mindsets. We are all egoists at the core who tend to lean one way or another, but nihilism and altruism tend to result in death.

no