Why the speed formula is v=d/t instead of v=t/d, how do i derive the correct formula??

Why the speed formula is v=d/t instead of v=t/d, how do i derive the correct formula??

length per time.

if you double d, i.e. get twice as far, then the speed should habe been 2 times as high. So d can't be in the denominator.
Similar argument for t in the right spot.

Name?

Assuming this is not a troll thread

You have to understand that intuitively, this is applicable to any process, not just movement. Pouring water into a cup, bitcoin prices changing, blood pressure dropping, we are always interested in how quickly all these things happen. Funnily, this will allow you to intuitively understand (some day) why derivatives always pop up here and there in equations.

Forget about symbolic notation, substitute some numbers and you will understand it in no time. If bitcoin was 20k on Monday, 10k on Tuesday, and 9k on Thursday, when did it drop the fastest? How can we quantify the "quickness"?

Simply think about what a measurement of velocity is:

Some distance covered in some unit of time.
i.e. 5 meters / second
So, v = d / t

ever heard of "miles per hour"

This fixed my mental bug, thanks!

You are welcome, we will be waiting for you here when you delve into topological QFT in 7 or so years.

z = x/y
where it could thought of as "how many x in one unit of y"
so t/d would be how much time passes in one unit of distance

>Name?
are you Asian or do they really look any different from one another to you?

Because you can move 0 feet in 1 second but you cant move 1 foot in 0 seconds.

this is the state of Veeky Forums

this

Better than another race-bait thread.

>ever heard of "miles per hour"
ever heard of the metric system?

My thoughts exactly.

Actually the inverse of speed was used in consumer maths back in the days. For example my grandmother's old math book from 4th grade in 1934 sometimes had speeds given as kilometer-time, so for example 120s/km. This is helpful when you want to avoid division when calculating travel times over and over again.

No what is it?

Soo Yeon

good taste

Random plastic surgery bitch #689

Not him, but if you live in asia long enough you see the diffrence

Who is this sperm receptacle?

>the speed formula is v=d/t instead of v=t/d
Distance runners use t/d for their speed in minutes per mile.

It is. It's a bunch of brainlets saying they have iqs up to the wazoo and then asking where does if 1/z have any poles

>Random plastic surgery bitch
meme #689

Why the homophobia?