Which edition of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man to get?

Which edition of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man to get?

Not that one.

Probably Norton. Definitely not the Tim Burton one in the OP.

Just buy the Easton Press edition off of ebay for around $20. It's leather-bound and it'll last a long time. Unless your poor, in which case I would recommend pic related edition.

Just go to a used bookstore and find the cheapest copy they have.

If your dad has a copy that's the best one.

Some jacketless little hardcover from the 50's. I like the innocuous look of it, but it seems like it was done by a shoddy press, because there're a lot of spacing errors.

terrible cover

Got the Oxford World Classics version from Goodwill a few days ago. It's pretty nice.

Avoid the Penguin edition.
Avoid Penguin at all costs.
Get the Oxford or the Norton one.

Really? that applies in all books? or just translated ones?

Dude. It's an English book. They're all the same. Why the fuck should you care about what the cover looks like, let alone what others think about it?

At B&N which comes with Dubliners for like $8 new, prob $1 on Abebooks

Was that edition a printing mistake? It looks like the cover for Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

I think he's referring to the general noticeably poorer quality of Penguin books compared to Oxford/Norton, firstly. Secondly, the annotation and/or commentary in Oxford and Norton books is excellent (Norton Criticals come with supplementary essays from literary criticism, the OWC line on the other hand is done by Jeri Johnson like their edition of Ulysses and she does a very solid job). Can't really say much about annotated Penguin books, though, if they exist.

It's written in English, why would it matter?

Either way, I think my edition is the Barnes and Noble one but I can't remember. At uni so I can't look

:^)((((

>he bought a barnes and noble edition of something
user...why? Almost any othet edition would be better. Barnes and noble editions of things usually have extremely tacky bindings/covers.

Wordsworth