When did you realize elitism is necessary when talking about literature?

When did you realize elitism is necessary when talking about literature?

Necessary to what?

elitism is kinda necessary everywhere when discussing seriously something. Discussions when the knowledge levels are too different is always unproductive. That's what schools, books and teachers exist to correct this knowledge gap. And hence why Veeky Forums is a failure at discussion

Everything is a failure at discussion when you're not doing it face to face.

When I realized how empty 'elitist' is when used as a pejorative.

In first grade when no one besides me appreciated the rajas rice

>I'm not going to even try to read [classic book] because I'd rather stick to my naive preconceived notions of it.
>I can do whatever I want!
>muh religion

In case you ever wondered why you should avoid Rreddit.

Yeah, we get it. Can you virtue signal somewhere else? Perhaps on roddit?

>Veeky Forums is a failure at discussion
Veeky Forums is one of the last places left where you can have an honest discussion.
Honest discussion is alot more useful than "informative discussion", books and teachers are for learning from not internet forums or starbucks.

>african literature and chicano literature
>horrible
>reading the classics
>fedora
Reddit can't be this bad.

try the redpill

Try Tutuola.

define elitism

I don't think you ever had a proper discussion, this thing right here when it isn't pure shit-slinging is at best a one sided monologue.

Lazy relativism is truly the bane of human art and culture.

These people just don't want to improve themselves so they declare improvement itself impossible.

So you must have the answer then, no? Mr. Superior?

Are you retarded? The criticism in that user's post is quite straightforward. Solution he seems to proposing quite clear: throw away moral relativism, believe in absolute values and attain them.

Are you willing to die on a cross, shall we say, for your "absolute" values?

I'm dying on my cross right now.

Stream it and post it on /b/; else: gtfo because your existence will not change existence for the better, no matter how absolute your claims to morality.

ok, you jewish pharisee

What an odd thread. Some want help, others recommendations, some as much discussion as a board such as this one allows. If youre looking for an intelligent discussion here, make an intelligent query. Chances are you'll attract just what youre looking for; or, if not, exactly what u deserve.