Do pickles belong on a burger or do they overpower all of it?

Do pickles belong on a burger or do they overpower all of it?

Yet another fast food thread.

That is a sad, sad photo

1. Yes
2. No, a few pickle slices add just enough acidity to bring the other flavors up.
3. Post a picture of a real burger next time.

Are you surprised? No one can talk about anything else without some pretentious cunt screaming about how they are like a retarded child.

I can't have pickles. It just tastes like a pickle sandwich.

i don't understand this thread
where is the mcchicken?

If McDonald's didn't load up their patties with salt, pickles would be fine on their burgers, but as it is now, they're overkill.

Lmao what are you a literal baby or something? Grow up faggot

how much of a pussy do you have to be to get overpowered by a fucking pickle... fucking hell

Have fun dying of a stroke in your 30's, cunt.

Not him, but you know it's kind of odd. I love pickled vegetables, like peppers, artichoke hearts, pearl onions, and the like. And I also love giardineria on my Italian beefs, but pickles on burgers I just find way too overpowering.

(odd other thing is I love those just-barely pickled cucumbers that come at most barbecue joints)

Pickles are mandatory on any serious burger, they intensify the umami of the meat

>umami
This is the third time today I've seen this. What is this meme?

That is a real burg.
Bun
Meat
Cheese
It's all there

Check mate athist

it's reddit

umami is an actual term used to describe savory foods.

and idk maybe it was word of the day at the autism help center or something idk

>meme
it's a word that encapsulates a sensation that would require more a description in english to articulate, there is literally nothing wrong with it and the only ones who think so are backwater hicks who kneejerk because it's a foreign word and probably communist

Yeah the occasional burger is going to kill me oh nooooo. Lmao literal beta mindset you're pathetic

i don't care for them. but to each, his own

You should take the pickle, brush it across the burger, then throw it away.

The picked condoment is surely overpowering, once I ate a burger with an unknown pickle and the sour acidity and saltiness was such that I had to spit a mouthful into my disposable napkin

Why would you ruin a good pickle with a hamburger????

they belong far far away

I do not eat beefurgers.

when it's that cheap, you might enjoy the pickle taste more than the burger. but it's not better, you've just an underdeveloped palate
sorry, pickles are just really strong cucumbers and i don't want those on my burger either

Not enough pickles

Pickles are perfect on a fatty burger.

If your burger doesn't have pickles on it, it's probably garbage

no, just don't put a lot on them on it. I used to be anti-pickle but I came around and usually put 2 - 3 of them on my burger now.

savory

You have shitty tastes. Don't pretend it makes you less of a fag.

doesn't capture everything the word umami encapsulates

Savory is more a class of food than a sensation of taste. I'd describe mac and cheese as savory but I wouldn't describe it as umami.

You're splitting hairs bro. They're the same thing.

That's just entirely wrong. I'm not really sure what to say.

Pick up a dictionary. Savory describes a flavor, not a "class of food". It doesn't describe a class of food any more than "bitter" or "sour" does.

I like putting pickles on my burgers.

Some people in the world would order extra pickles

The flavor combination of mayo, mustard, ketchup, pickle, and American cheese makes the burger IMO.

shut your god damn mouth

What the hell are those in the image? Just the hamburger alone, on the ones I make at home, are the entire size of one of those sandwiches.

they use fake pickles in mcdonalds anywho

?

Yup, just about. I only eat one of course.

Looks like a mcdouble from the dollar menu, purely wrapped.