Best Dishes Of Your Country

What's the most delicious dishes of your country? Mine's stewed macaronis, meatball, gravlax and meat served on a plank

FOR ME

I thought it was kebabs

You must be mistaking Sweden with Swedistan, rookie mistake!

>barszcz (clear borscht with meat / mushroom dumplings, best when really spicy and acidic)
>pierogi (dumplings, lots of great varieties)
>bigos (sauerkraut stew with meat or mushrooms)
>ćwikła (finely chopped beet / horseradish salad)
>potato pancakes (great with sour cream)

I cannot resist to the most basic dishes such as gratin dauphinois.

Are you....
Polish!

Actual US cuisine (hurr burgers) varies greatly depending on region and I'm a sucker for the shit from the deep south, so I'm gonna go with barbecue shrimp.

>>barbecue shrimp
>>they're clearly in a fucking skillet.

>gravlax
sounds like a pokemon

It's the name of the dish. Ironically enough, it's not actually cooked in a barbecue (or at least not the recipes that I use).

It's basically salmon that's been marinated in salt, white pepper, dill and beer overnight

The salt draws out the water in the salmon, making it tender and delicious

That sounds amazing.

if fancy mac n' cheese is the best your country can do, you've got some problems to work out

The beer step is unusual AFIK. Normally it's just a dry cure with the salt and spices. At least that's the way I've always made it and seen in cookbooks.

But yeah, it's delicious. Nothing like a nice piece of bread with gravlax, fresh dill, and thin sliced raw onion on top.

The beer step is from my grandma, it really ups the taste

Not even close to mac n cheese, stewed macaronis are sweeter and has a hint of nutmeg in it, it also doesn't have any cheese in it, just milk

I'm curious how it would work. Normally the idea is that the salt draws out the excess moisture from the fish. If you added a bunch of additional moisture from the beer it seems that would interfere with the salt drawing water out of the salmon. Does she use a lot of salt so it sits in a "paste"? Or is it a liquidy marinade?

nice digits

She rubs the salt and the crushed white pepper into the salmon, lays the dill on and under the salmon, and then pours a small bottle of beer into the box or bag the salmon is in.

Francesinha, typical dish in the North of Portugal

Oh my that looks delicious! What's it made of?

buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy.

america!

I myself have always thought that biscuits and gravy looks very gray and dreary, but appearances can trick you!

Oh man, we went to Porto with my mom when I was 14. This stuff was so amazing

You're correct, it's close to impossible to make them look good, but they genuinely taste amazing.

In the US I gotta say anyone who hasn't had rocky mountain oysters in green chili sauce hasn't lived.

The best biscuits and gravy I've had was in a little diner in Idaho. Sage sausage. Was fucking amazing.

Pierogis are certified dank

That looks dank as fuuuuuck my man

UMA DELICIA

>implying any self respecting swede would go for a paltry kebab instead of the daring synthesis kebabpizza

I'd have to be REALLY HUNGRY if i'd ever stoop so low as to eat kebab, on pizza or not

You forgot this, swedebro

Älgskav and Renskav is indeed an important part of swedish cuisine

I've traveled all around the world and while every country enjoys a unique culture, one thing I've found is that they all share the same delicious kind of mac n cheese, no matter where you are, around the globe.

Perfect every time, I've had it in France, Italy, Australia and the US. Theres a reason the classic recipe is, you know, classic :P

Thich tortilla stuffed with cheese, beans and shredded pork topped with salad and tomato salsa.

Sounds delicious! Would like to eat one rn

>posts pic of scones
>implying gravy is white

It's more white than kebab atleast

Sauerbraten - Germany

Fucking German quality garanteed

>garanteed

Breakfast: White Sausages (Weißwurst) with pretzel and wheat beer

lunch: Schweinebraten with Dumpling

dessert: Apfelstrudel

dinner: Wurstsalat

(I gave up on translating because those are simply the name of the dishes).
It's the most Bavarian food I can think of and if you ever come here those are the dishes you should certainly try.

Man i love Apfelstrüdels! My favorite dessert right after Sachertorte

Pretty much what this Schwuchtel says.

Sachertorte is Austrian kitchen though.

My grandma made great Apfelstrudel. She used lots of sugar and cinnamon on top creating a crust and appels out of their own garden.

Ah yes yes, but the german-speaking areas overall makes great desserts according to me!

And that sounds wonderful!

italian master race reportin in

1) melanzane alla parmigiana (pic related)
2) pizza - fuck yeah
3) spaghetti alla carbonara
4) bistecca alla fiorentina
5) tiramisu (dessert)

>that poor feel when eat this almost every day because too poor too eat anything else

mostly with meatballs but sometimes falukorv

It's the best cheap food though!

Kind of looks like a reverse lasagna

Try using anis spiced snaps instead.

This sausage is called lard rope, it contains acid, grain and potatos

"stewed" macaroni is absolutely vile and only enjoyed by cucks.

Leg of lamb cured, dried and smoked over juniper.

Better pic

Potato gratin with anchovies.

Aww man. That looks like one of those cartoon pieces of meat. I always just wanted to bite into one.

>the cuck doesn't enjoy the best dish ever created by anyone ever

What the fuck

Get fucked, pleb.

Rotmos is watery and tastes like shit.

It's something that real cucks eat

do americans really eat this?

can't harvest blood oil on leaves and twigs, m8

That looks really good. What's the cure recipe (in grams if you have it)?

Superior German cuisine coming through.

Just wing it.

why plank?

Because it makes you feel more privileged than when you eat it off a plate