What food will/did you have at your wedding?

What food will/did you have at your wedding?

I'm about to go get myself a Vietnamese mail-order bride, so probably pho and banh mi. Whatever she wants, though.

>implying I'll get married or ever be in a relationship again
Heh

i was engaged once and we wanted to have just fuckloads of pasta served in hollowed out cheese wheels

My uncle's are gonna cook tri tip and pork tenderloin with sides.

tri tip is a weird choice of cut, I mean its good, but sort of obscure to cook for a lot of people.

wow where did it go wrong

I'd only go all out if i was marrying some pure, virginal, Christian, traditional values girl.

But since I'll probably marry some used up single mother and be a beta provider, I'll just heat up some 'tizers for the wedding.

What if you're not retarded enough to fall for the marriage meme

fuck you

I offered guests a choice of steak with chimichurri or tilapia with some kind of fruity salsa at my wedding. Nothing special but fine. Wedding food is never that great. It's more about the people, the venue and the alcohol for most people.

how about a baked potato bar?

feed dozens and dozens of people for $100

It's gonna be lamb and fine cheeses. It's in my prenup.

reddit/10

You spelled Etsy wrong faggot

baked potato bar is 70s as fuck, it's not remotely reddit

None. Had the ceremony, changed clothes in the car and gtfo for honeymoon. Fuck paying to feed a few dozen people

Just wait for it to make a comeback then the hipsters will be all over it, like they were with bellbottoms and fixies, and are with old-fashioned coffee brewing apparatus.

imagine having a knee jerk reaction this strong to baked potatoes

i'm just trying to be economic, while still having some charm and elegance

this was my cake

Well at least you've got your husband nice and whipped already.

nice nice
heres your (You)

Oh, you misunderstand. It doesn't bother me one bit. That was my first post in the thread. My point was simply limited to the fact that just because it was 70's doesn't make it outside the hipster realm. They love their old fads.

If I saw something like that at a wedding I think I'd just walk out right then and there.

i distinguish between hipster and reddit

it's fine and delicious I'm sure, I was just trolling with the reddit comment.

Nobody wanted you to go anyway.

Someone's pissy this morning

Hotdogs

Macaroni and cheese and hotdogs

We had a pretty classic wedding dinner.
>cheese, fruit, and charcuterie board
>assorted hor d'oeuvre
>salad of mesclun, blackberries, candied walnuts, feta, and champagne vinaigrette
>choice of beef wellington or chicken piccata
>dauphin potatoes and green beans almondine
> pasta Primavera
>wine, beer, coffee, tea, water, champagne
>groom's cake - chocolate mousse - satsuma
>four tier wedding cake - Italian cream cake with crazy beautiful airbrushed fondant and flowers

The sad thing is, you're so caught up in the moment, you barely remember the dinner anyway. The caterers packed us to-go boxes of the dinner and cakes to take with us on our honeymoon, which is the only reason I can remember how good it was.
>that feel when you wake up in a four star hotel after crazy wedding night sex and gorge on wedding food and cake

We had stuffed quail, lamb, salmon, and pasta primavera. Cocktail hour we had stuffed mushrooms and a full spread charcuterie board with nuts, fruits, chocolates, breads, crackers, meats, and cheeses, endless moet et chandon and San pelligrino. The cake was a Persian love cake with fig pistachio filling and we also offered poached pears. It was actually some user on here who mentioned Persian love cake years ago when I first heard of it, looked it up, and loved it. We decided to use it because it's delicious, has perfect name for a wedding, and everyone said it was the best wedding cake they ever had. We got a deal and it was fifty bucks a head.

Not in California. It's originally from here. Texas has bbq brisket we have bbq tri tip.

Oh, and I was going to say, in response to someonewho said "no one cares about the food anyway", that that's not true. We had guests telling us for a couple of years afterwards how much they loved the food and the cakes. The older guests just complimented it, the younger guests all wanted the names of the caterer and baker.

*upvotes*

How many ppl? Y'all rich or what? Sounds delicious tho. Cocktail food will be on par with yours but that's only because I'm in the cheese and charcuterie biz

We wasted all our money on an open bar.

Bummer. Beer and wine only for me. I'm not spending a bunch of cash so people can get trashy drunk at my wedding

>wasted
weddings without food are fine, I'll live
weddings without booze?
you did good user

guarantee the guests had more fun at open bar anons wedding. Weddings are about getting drunk and dancing with your friends all night, not about eating fancy food.

I would definitely agree with you if my family wasn't white trash.

if the food sucks the night gets off to a bad start

doesn't have to be expensive but should be good

>When you have pleb friends and family
>Not being able to get drunk on all you can drink beer and wine
My family that likes the hard stuff likes it enough to travel with bottles of it stashed in their cars for any event. Even if it is open because they are picky and won't drink vodka unless it's grey goose or better or bulleit bourbon or better or Bombay or better etc.

>Whatever she wants, though
Isn't the point of importing that you get to decide stuff?

Not if you're a beta who puts the pussy on a pedestal.

It was less than a hundred people. We're not rich but we're smart, not afraid to invest in indulgences, and being well connected helped. We only ended up spending 20k maybe. Food depends on your crowd. The people we associate with are pretty bougie, so are we, so there were no drunk antics and the food and champagne were well received.

That's cool. I'm looking at a minimum of 250 for mine. 50 a head would wipe us out.

mine was like 175 heads so we had to skimp on food.

Endless vodka, percocets, and cold cuts with triscuits. Everyone including the priest has to have a BAC of at least .2 before the ceremony starts

Did any of you consider getting Fazoli's to cater for your wedding?

A bullet

Slav?

>hitting rock bottom so hard you're cucking down to a mail-order bride over food

This sort of priest?

Probably hot dogs and hamburgers. I want my wedding to be like a real chill party where everyone just comes to hang out and celebrate family.

Nice.

You sound really douchey.

Nah, just a burger with a family of alcoholics

I went to a family members wedding and it was "space" themed, and then they brought out belly dancers to Indian music. No one in the wedding was Indian, or neither were the guests. It was bizarre. Food was okay though.

Bizarre is probably the nicest word you can use to describe cultural appropriation like that.

I'm going to eat fries on my pillow wifu.

Nah, I hate douches. Liking certain things doesn't make someone a douche. That's just how we wanted our event.

>cultural appropriation
I'm sure there were a few people from Tumblr there crying about it.

>to go boxes
OP this is a must. There is a good chance you won't get to eat anything at all at the reception except for the bite of cake you give each other. You're paying for it OP make as many good memories as you can of that time. And keep this in mind. Every month I make a payment to Amex. That payment is for wedding, honeymoon, AND divorce. That thought hits me every month.

Damn, that's a lot of people. Finger foods are awesome if you just do tons of hors d'oeuvres and drinks or buffet stype is nice if that'll help you stretch your budget. A full sit down dinner isn't necessary.

What did you guys do for food?

Dancing is stupid unless you are a girl or one of those homosexuals.

I plan on dying a virgin, but some kind of lamb sounds like it would be appropriate.

kek, that's a real product?
It looks as if it's exclusively marketed to niggers

>raw mushrooms in a baked potato
wut

For my wedding:
A zucchini salad with tomato
Orzo with herbs, rock fish with saffron sauce, chicken stuffed with some sort of cheese/olives/roasted peppers and some vegetables
Bread and butter on the table too but I didn't eat any

The wedding cake flavors:
Champagne cake with raspberry filling and champagne buttercream (ended up kind of a dud)
Almond cake with rose mousse, fresh peaches and rose buttercream
Red wine chocolate cake with cream filling and fresh raspberries with white chocolate buttercream

I was pleasantly surprised with how good all of it was, the only one that didn't work out was the champagne cake, I should have added something else to the filling, it was a bit plain.

Nothing, I want to elope

For hors d'oeuvre we had
>Shrimp and ceviche mini tostada's
>Some kind of cheese platter
Dinner
>Braised beef tips with mushrooms and gravy
>Chicken piccata
>Mashed potatoes
>Fall vegetable salad
>Green beans with bacon
There was something else, can't quite remember.
We didn't do a cake because my wife doesn't like it. Her best friend/maid of honor is a pastry chef and made a huge tower of crème puffs garnished with edible gold strands instead. Was pretty good.

The only thing niggers cook is crack. They eat fast food and gas station snacks.

I don't think I'll stand for getting married but if I were to have a large party for me and my girlfriend I'd do whole hog pit roast and smoked brisket with a cheese spread, salad bar, and salteñas

That cake sounds really expensive.

It was less than $250 for a cake that fed 100 people, though I ended up with a ton of left overs that was kind of a pain to deal with. The cake(s) were way larger than I had anticipated.

>Mushrooms not caramelized

jesus fucking christ

Eggs.

Potluck

Yeah we can't do that her family is Italian and mine is Portuguese. A full meal is a matter of southern European hospitality. Our folks are splitting the expenses we just have a budget.

Gf wants to do BBQ and a sundae bar.

I just got married and we had a local barbecue restaurant cater. We had plenty of brisket, pulled pork, and herb-marinated chicken along with sides (coleslaw, cornbread, rolls, a mozzarella, basil, olive, and tomato salad that my wife made, and... there was something else, but I only at the meat), then had a few cakes (one, large chocolate layered and two carrot cakes) from our favorite bakery. For booze, we had a beer assortment, white wine, champagne, and I made my own mead, too (for nondrinkers, we had Coke, water, and coffee).

It was a small wedding (30 people) and we were outside, too. Everybody raved about the food.

EDGY
D
G
Y

salsa and chips, chicken in mole with rice and beans and freshly made tortillas, it was 250 people.

>Family are all Irish pagan
>Wedding was 3 days after harvest
>30+ experienced cooks all competing to make the best tasting dishes with prize picks
>Got to sit down at the head of the table and eat the freshest, juiciest, most delicious cuts of steak I've ever had in my life
>Grazed on perfectly cooked, juicy chicken and pork all night
>Salad and sides were varied and amazing
>Desserts so good I tracked down the women that made them to get the recipes
>Homemade and imported aged whiskey, mead and beer

That was such an amazing weekend, though I had an unfair advantage since about 20 other people planned and executed the wedding months in advance, while I just sat at home tasting cake and writing little feedback cards, processed the last garlic harvest, then slapped on a suit and said I Do.

Pretty jelly

Catholics?

Semi related but would it be tacky for me to but a chefs knife that goes for ≈ $300 on the registry?

You're on Veeky Forums, baby. Everything's edgy here

Goddamn, I wish I was an Irish pagan.

Full churrascaria complete with the swords of meat and all the Brazilian soul food fixins. Huge buffet so everyone can gorge themselves silly. Dessert will be a giant fruit tart.

That being said my wife will probably be vegan or some shit knowing my leftist ass, seeing as most my friends are already some form of non meat eaters. Whatever, they can have the fish or faux meat.

Also fuck the institution of marriage and the idea of two people pledging their lives to each other, and all the religious bull that goes with it. Lasting marriages in the 21st century are a fucking rarity and it seems more people are more attached to the ceremony than the person they're marrying.

Why not just throw that party for your 30th birthday or something then if you don't want to get married?

Full English

>getting married in the current year
wew lad. have people still not figured out that marriages just don't last anymore? unless you're marrying some super religious chick, in which good luck to you.

Red Bull and Burgers.

>being this jaded

Been married 21 years this November. No regrets.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with pledging your life to someone, providing it's the right person. It's literally the epitome of trust and sheer love.
That said, 75% of people have no business getting married, they can't handle it.

Pretty much this. People like weddings for the booze the food is generally meh. That being said we didn't bother with a sit down dinner just had h'orderves and opted to do open bar instead. Short reception and everyone left happy.....and really drunk....

an endless supply of pic related, after I chuck it in the microwave for two minutes.