Let me tell you my tale

Let me tell you my tale.

>work 8 hours + 1 hour obligatory food break
>traveling to work takes 1 hour
>total time spent on nothing but work, 11 hours
>leave for work at 8 AM come home at 7 PM
>up until now I've just bought myself dinner every time
>realized how much money this actually takes, and that I could just save up instead and maybe get an education for a better job
>learn how to cook properly by myself
>a proper meal takes me around 1 hour to make(counting from the time I take the chicken out of the fridge and start cutting it apart) + 30 minutes to eat and wash dishes

I can't do this. Now I know what my uncle meant by "cooking is a hobby for rich men and housewives". This just takes way too much time, I'm lucky if I even get to talk to any of my friends and family even once a week.
What are some foods with high amounts of "fillness" or that aren't unhealthy, that take relatively less time to prepare than others?

Also wageslave foods general I suppose.

God dammit you autists are all the same.

user, it is very easy. Go to costco and buy chicken and fish in bulk. Bake 5-10 chicken breasts at once, and then microwave when you're ready to eat.

If you want to ascend to godmode you'll fully prep your meals in advance, like me. I prep 10 meals at a time.

Something along the lines of:
Chicken/fish with quinoa, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and spinach.

Healthy, cheap, and easy.

invest in a crock pot and you can make large batches of food that you can microwave when you get home.

plan your meals out every week.

example, you can make a big pot of corned beef and cabbage on sunday, then a big pot of chili on wednesday and eat them 5-6 days our of the next two weeks.

fuck off

you're probably a NEET or part-timer anyway

You don't understand how fucking annoying it is to spend 75 % of your day not at home and then coming back home while the sun is going down.

That's the one major thing I hate about wagecuck jobs, they force you to take a lunch break and you have to clockout for it. I would have just rather skipped lunch and kept work, but it's probably just some legal thing they have to do. Just sucked you had to be there for that period of time not getting paid.

>simple tasks are hard for me
Lol, sucks to be you. The world needs ditch diggers too.

>total time spend on nothing but work 11 hours
That's pretty normal (you'll get used to it). I work pretty close to home (15mi/25km) and I already spend 1.5hours commuting in total. I'm rarely home before 18:30.

I don't really get how a meal takes you 1 whole hour though. Then again, I don't really count how much time it takes me because I kinda enjoy doing it.

>they don't work from home

>someone give me the solution to this simple problem
>here is the obvious solution
>you don't understand, I'm too far inbred retarded to accomplish that simple thing.

I got a pack of 4 petite sirloin steaks the other day for 10 bucks. A steak takes at most half an hour including post cooking rest time. Saute veggies on the side while steak is cooking and you're eating a great meal for ≈ $4 and you all you have to do to clean up is wipe the pans and rinse the plate.

Also, consider crock pot foods you can prep quickly and let cook while you're at work. Come home, scoop out, enjoy. Take leftovers to work for lunch.

I am the AGM of a fairly large casual dining concept, make 85k a year and work 45 hours a week. Also do real estate on the side.

I also fuck hot bitches several times a week. Ggrekt faget

>Reheating your chicken and fish

Lol fakengay

OP here, while that sounds like the logical solution I was after a magical fairy tale solution where I can continue to be a complete dumbass yet have my problem solved via unicorn farts.

Post gym meal of shredded chicken, quinoa, chickpeas, spinach, avocado, cilantro, tomato, and onion.

>pic related

Lol looks like you live in a demo house

I drive to my mom's house 200 miles aways every two weeks and she gives me frozen stuff to take home for dinner. Spaghetti sauce, lasagna, mac & cheese, soups, stews, stuff like that.

>Casual dining concept

That's not me. I made the thread then went to fry some chicken and frozen vegetables.

I took note of the suggestions, though making 10 meals ahead is a bit out of my league. I'll go with making a meal for 3 days at a time and steaks with frozen vegetables I suppose.

kek, he's not allowed to use the plates, or even a normal glass.

buy a sous vide, then marinade whatever and leave coocking, always hot food the way you want.

WHY the FUCK are you working somewhere 1 hour away?

not OP but where i live its near impossible to get work in the area and within a 30 min radius. Your best bet is taking the 2 hour train ride into the city for stable work. My 8 hour desk job is a 12 hour day because thats all there is.

It's okay, just say you're unemployed.

It gets faster as you get more practice, you're already doing well user. During the week you want to go in between doing everything from scratch and getting takeout, think in terms of:
Quick protein that's ready cooked like rotisserie chicken or that only takes minutes like fish fillets or bacon.
Quick carb that goes with it like pasta, or just some nice bread.
Vegetables that you can eat raw or something tinned or frozen that just needs warming through.
The sauce or seasoning to go with it all (spices, tinned tomatoes, cream, stock, jars of stuff).

Slap a pan and some oil and a pot of water on as soon as you get in, get your protein on and anything that needs boiling in, and you've got a few minutes to think about fancying up the sauce. Avoid anything that needs any prep beyond a bit of chopping, and make sure everything's in easy reach, and you can honestly get it down to fifteen minutes actual cooking. Eventually you start making the "ready made" stuff yourself at the weekend.

Why not bju convenience foods and then pair it with something fresh?
Personally, I like to buy frozen dumplings steam them and put then on top of a salad or quickly sauteed veg. Really simple salads make it even faster. Recently made an arugala salad with a rice wine vinaigrette. Easy shit that took maybe 20 minutes total.

Double or triple up the portion of whatever thing you're cooking each day that takes the most time, and you'll soon build up a bunch of stuff in the fridge that can be ready really fast. Boiled potatoes can become mash that takes two minutes or just get fried in butter, make fried rice from boiled rice, any vegetable can go in a stir fry or a salad.

Stop being poor

I work 5am to 3pm five days a week. Spend 90 minutes at the gym three of those five days. Prep my lunches for work on sunday. Have thawed chicken, fish, fresh veggies, potatoes, etc. for dinner. It's not hard. I get my socializing in at work and the gym and don't go anywhere else during the week. Go hiking on the weekends.

Invest in a slow cooker
Meal prep on day off, freeze
Pay mom to meal prep for you
Microwave portions from fridge
Buy instant polenta, instant pasta, instant rice
Buy already made jars of pasta sauces
Buy yoghurt, fruit, hummus, carrots, "healthy stuff" to balance out junk you eat
Buy canned soup or instant soup (still better than fast food)

>total time spend on nothing but work 11 hours
>That's pretty normal

Just cook in batches you silly goose
t. welder who works 10 hour shifts

t. Spoiled millenial

(or nigger)