ITT: ascended patrician's readings

ITT: ascended patrician's readings

Ive owned this for 4 years and I havent even cracked it open. I got it as a Christmas gift.

bump

le obscure cred xD

but srs Timothy Dexter

lmao

it can be pretty great, especially the wastoid chapter. Unless of course you dislike DFW just because lit brainwashed you

have you read bounds of sense? I dont know if im understanding Kant very well the deeper i get into cpr

Dude inception with roman gods lmao

Seven Sages of Rome

I loved "The Tin Drum". Read a translation when I was 15. I remember it being pretty dense and difficult. I wonder how much the original, german version reflects this, and how reliable my memories of it are...
Anyways, how does The Flounder compare? Did you enjoy it? Cheers.

>dislike DFW just because lit brainwashed you
wut

Nice /x/ meme

Adelphi in general is the thinking man's publisher.

www.nytimes.com/books/98/11/08/reviews/981108.08khilnat.html
> To read ''Ka'' is to experience a giddy invasion of stories -- brilliant, enigmatic, troubling, outrageous, erotic, beautiful. Yet ''Ka,'' like the two previous books, is not a novel. Calasso's form-defying works plot ideas, not character. A writer with philosophical tastes, he thinks in stories rather than arguments or syllogisms. The two epigraphs to ''Ka'' announce this style: Spinoza's remark that ideas are only narratives or mental figures of the real world and, from the Yogavasistha, a definition of the world as being ''like the impression left by the telling of a story.''

What is it about?

Definitely not, bro, Hypnerotomachia is exceptional

You must be new as fuck

Not really my dude, Giordano Bruno was ahead of his time like no one else. And he wrote very good poetry

Agreed, Adelphi is the best publishing house I can think of -- and I'm also familiar with US editions, so I know what I'm talking about

Love Calasso and his house-- have read all his books in English. Kasch is phenomenal-- though early, perhaps his masterpiece. Clearly, the immediate future belongs to Absolute Lit., or lit has no future.