To be fair, what book and font would you use to better represent protestantism?

To be fair, what book and font would you use to better represent protestantism?

Other urls found in this thread:

philanthropyroundtable.org/almanac/who_gives_most_to_charity/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the image is accurate as is.

The Bible and some Old German-inspired font that is actually readable

>protestantism
pilgrims progress or someshit? some calvanist shit no one reads? idk bro, paradise lost probably even tho it's not specifically protestant

American Protestantism disgusts me
I live in the south and am surrounded by youth groups, vacation bible schools, faith healings, all that shit. Overall there's a weird underlying feeling of Christianity being held as some kind of charming aerobic exercise

Replace with My Awakening by David Duke.

don't protestants ever get embarrassed that jews and catholics do more to help the poor and underprivileged than they do? seems like whenever i see some american protestant from the south being quoted they're talking about how we have to give more tax cuts to rich guys and how the poor are lazy, ok the protestants do probably work harder than catholics, but the jews have a fanatical work ethic and they still do a buncha shit to help downtrodden faggots n shit

protestants arent human, they are dogs

That sounds like all of America to me.

Faust I
Fraktur

How about Paradise Lost?

I'd say it's pretty heretical so not representative, but protestantism is heresy so there's nothing wrong with that.

And uninhibited Protestantism is the reason why

>faust
>protestant

try again bucko

>click the unicycles

Protestantism is basically gnosticism

>Comic sans
Proddies are a joke.

I'm euro and thought Osteen was just an American meme until i saw one of his books in the library. I honestly thought our local Protestant s had better taste

? No. Gnostism is a specific set of beliefs that may be shared by some sects but the most popular sects of proddies today lean heavily towards literal interpretation, the opposite of Gnostics.

This?

Incidentally, I haven't read this but I'm looking forward to doing so when it arrives

>protestants seem to produce the most successful societies
>meanwhile second tier of europe is mainly catholics
>shit tier is orthodox
>meanwhile in the americas, best parts are also protestant and shit tier latin america is almost completely catholic
damn, i'm #SOLASCRIPTURA now

Then pick a book to represent.

Have you ever been to southern Europe? Sure their governments run debt but their society as a whole is comfy af. Why would you ever even want to make money when your land provides all the food and wine you could consume with minimal effort? Society is more than economic dollars and cents.

On The Jews And Their Lies by Martin Luther

see

>Implying Spain France and Italy aren't the top tier European nation

I'm a massive Germaboo and I'm even studying German but Come on.

Is it possible to be any more wrong than this post?

1-800 come on now

>Catholicism is basically gnosticism
ftfy

>Prayers to saints and Mary
Nope
>Mary is co mediator
Well which is it you can't claim both. And nope to this as well. Asking her to pray for us is intercession not mediations.
>Idol worship
No again. We do not venerate items as gods. Items are used as visual representation of God and his Son and a myriad of biblical stories.

Even ignoring this image's blatant misinderstanding of Catholic teachings,
>biblical literalism
What a disgusting viewpoint
The only value in a religion like Christianity today is the thousands of years of tradition and culture building on itself. You can see the influence of pre-Christian paganism, of Judaism, of early church fathers, of medieval scholars, and of thousands of years of literature, art, historical figures, myths, and philosophy.
(American) Protestantism strips this away and bases everything on a single text for which they ignore all context and background.

truuuu

I read parts of it in Catholic school, there's not really a lot uniquely Protestant about it.

This. It is religious degenercy. I.e. it is literally an unsophisticated lense to view a very complex and sophisticated text.

well said

That's not really a fiction work.

Honestly I think the answer to the OP's question is Pilgrims' Progress. It's the quintessential Protestant work.

Paradife loft or the faerie queene

Jews give a lot to charities, but only those that funnel their money into "speaker fees" (bribes) for Congressmen to keep propping up Israel.

is faerie queen good i heard it isn't very good

>Not being a heretic
Step it up senpai

good work casually placing the bible in the background

No time to worry about that, gotta cultivate that personal relationship with JC.

this.
basically fathers of the church

In the 16th century, Luther rejected the seven books that comprise the deuterocanonicals together with parts of Daniel and Esther. He did so because they contained passages that disagreed with his theology. Luther claimed that all matters of faith and practice were based on the bible alone, but the bible never gave Luther the authority to determine the books that belong in the bible. Luther also questioned "Whether James was in fact scripture" along with Hebrews, Jude, and Revelation. He referred to Jude as a "superfluous document" and claimed that Revelation "lacks everything that I hold as apostolic or prophetic."

In rejecting the canon of the bible that was accepted by Christians for over one thousand years, Luther wrenched sacred scripture from the certain foundation upon which they had been established, namely, the infallible authority of the Catholic church.

Since protestants teach that the bible alone is their ultimate authority, each book of the bible has a cloud of suspicion hanging over it because the bible does not have an infallible table of contents that lists the books that are divinely inspired and, therefore, should be included in it. If, as Luther taught and protestants believe, the Catholic church was wrong about the deuterocanonicals, isn't it reasonable to suspect from that perspective that the Catholic church made other errors? Perhaps other books should be rejected from the bible? This is a very serious problem for protestants but they seem content to ignore it.

you heard wrong

they're hardly protestant in the modern american sense

His main motivation was the lack of Hebrew manuscripts actually, those books and parts of Daniel and Esther only exist in Greek.

So what? Greek was the lingua Franca since Alexander.

So I guess this was back before we knew that the Jews in Babylon wrote Greek?

Regardless, I think it's impossible not to see Luther as two-faced on this subject.

This
>Hurr I'm Martin Luther
>I'm a monk in bum fuck nowhere Germany
>I'm much smarter than centuries thought and the entire council of nicea.
Dude was mad arrogant. Clearly a political pawn of German princes.

>book
pic related

>font
Comic Sans

This is reflective of the european geopolitical circumstance already developed by the protestant reformation, Protestantism did not cause the northern european countries to be better

repent swine ere judgment cometh

This, Protestantism is no different than Islam when it comes to their holy text. Only Islam actually has a cultural heritage.

I wish pseuds like you would stop LARPing as christians because it's so cool and contrarian to be a catholic in burgerstan.

>posting the edited version

Seems fine as is

>the divine comedy is not heresy

if not pilgrims progress then it would have to be the great divorce

>don't protestants ever get embarrassed that jews and catholics do more to help the poor and underprivileged than they do?

except that fucking wrong lol

the majority of Jews in America live on the coasts. which states give the most to charity?

turns out middle america. The home to predominant protestant populations

philanthropyroundtable.org/almanac/who_gives_most_to_charity/

broke ass fucking Wyoming gives more to charity than liberal economic engine New York

>he didnt even scroll down in the shit he linked

Oh fuck lmao. Hahahaha anonGet BTFO in the worst way. Will proddies ever recover?

Based Unitarian reporting in

Unitarians are bretty cool desu

>A few years ago, some Bostonians chagrined by these findings created a study which tried to further “rebalance” the national statistics, which they felt did not fully reflect the willingness to give in their region. They used their own methods for adjusting income
>The Boston data have not been widely embraced, for a variety of reasons

for a board that's supposed to be about reading you sure don't do a lot of it you fucking retards