25 bucks a month is s hard deal. How would you live it through?

25 bucks a month is s hard deal. How would you live it through?

Potatos, eggs, multivitamin

SEVEN

Ok, let's go over this again:
>SNAP stands for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
>definition of supplemental: "provided in addition to what is already present or available to complete or enhance it"

SNAP is not meant, ever, to be anyone's sole source of food or income for food. At all.

But still, seven fucking limes?

I would do what actual poor people do and go to a food pantry.

Potatoes, oats, beans, brown rice, carrots, bananas, eggs, spices, and whatever's left on something nice.

If you buy unhealthy garbage and go hungry a few times a week 25 bucks weekly can keep you just barely alive for a little while.

Exactly this.

A lot of restaurants and grocery stores will throw away stuff they couldn't sell at the end of the day.
You can pretty easily score a week's worth of food for nothing if you're persuasive and know where to look.

Oats, milk an vitamin pills.
Literally all you need, right there.

>Do this once
>They asked for money anyway
>Most of the food was to moldy to salvage
To be fair they only asked for something like 50 cents and I think one of the weird foreign food cans was still unexpired but besides that it was pretty bad.
I wonder if my local food pantry is just shitty or if they are all like this.

Was there ever a follow up thread for that guy who said a friend bet him he couldn't survive for six months on $100? Now that's something I'd like to see tried.

Not buying useless overpriced organic shit.
We've been over this.

rice, literally the only thing people eat in some countries for years at a time.

Your local one is shitty.

Not sure what I'd do with $25/mo. Maybe buy some online spices I can't get here or heirloom seeds I want to try.

Then again I have a few chickens that make me more money in eggs than that, in a single week.

This would be tough to do. Eggs can be had for about a dollar a dozen. So I would get 3 or 4 dozen for the month. Store bread is also about a dollar a loaf, so 3 or 4 loafs for the month. Frozen veggies are a dollar a pound. Chicken thighs are usually less than a dollar a pound.

So 8 dollars for eggs/bread: Breakfast
8 dollars for frozen veggies
5 dollars for thighs
4 dollars on beans and rice.

Your meals would get pretty boring and repetitive, but calorie wise you might get by.

Potatoes 10lb - $2.00
Eggs (dozen) - $0.80
Rice (parboiled) 5lb - $2.50
Beans in a can - $0.50 x 8
Cheese 1lb - $3.00
Tortillas 50ct - $2.00

>Activated almonds 3lbs - $0.63

If you only had 25 dollars why would you buy 7 limes? Why is there no $1 per pound chicken in that picture?

Soaked

Show me where you can buy 3 lb of activated almonds for $0.63

no one on any food assistance program has to eat on only $25 a month. it's more like $30 per person per week
stupid phone poster

that selection of food from using EBT is so low in nutritional value per dollar value that it seems like someone purposefully selected very poor value food to make it seem like people on EBT would starve.
But by this logic if the government increased EBT they would just buy 30 more limes and then starve anyway. Maybe the solution is educating dumb people to be more aware of how their body processes food.

Yea your pantry sucks. There are few pantris where im from, and its the best place to get snacks for extremely cheap.

At least they won't get scurvy.

I've gotten seven limes for like 20 cents in Cali, which I'm pretty sure where that bitch lives

EBT can be used to buy any comestable that's not booze, tobacco or cooked on-site (i.e. service deli food).

Vegetables, fruit, rice, pinto beans, cheap-as-fuck cuts of meat and vitamin supliments are all covered. You have to WORK at it to starve buying groceries with EBT. You might get bored as fuck with your meal optons, but you're not going to starve.

I survive on 50 bucks a month eating primarily eggs, cheese and turkey. We're just fatasses in America who think we need 1000 calories meals.

Community dinners, food stamps, and lots of canned spaghetti.

>How would you live it through?
I live in Switzerland so I wouldnt even be able to buy enough noodles to survive two weeks.

Rice, beans, potatoes, lentils. Get some more veg for flavor. But 25 a MONTH? You're going to be very hungry.

Lots and lots of oats