Gonna buy one of these badboys next paycheck. What is the best stuff to put in them?

Gonna buy one of these badboys next paycheck. What is the best stuff to put in them?

Other urls found in this thread:

simplysweetnsavory.blogspot.com/2012/01/vanilla-triangle-cake-in-sandwich-maker.html
pamperedchef.com/recipe/Main Dishes/Chicken & Broccoli Braid/10047
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

probably bread.

your balls because you wont need them once any girl sees you with that pussy shit

just fill it with blue cheese and crackers

Google image search, "sandwich maker recipes" and "sandwich toaster recipes" go wild.

I killed off the last of a loaf of bread today. I probably won't have another until next year. I'll probably use it for pancakes, donut dough, and pastries.

I used to make pizza pockets using those all the time when I was younger. Probably the niftiest use is taking muffin mix and filling the bottom half with batter for a quick baked snack. Bakes in a few minutes.

Any leftovers you want, since it crimps the edges feel free to put things like baked beans in there. Baked beans and cheese is glorious. My personal favourite is doing eggy bread with pieces of sausage cut up and put in there then cooked in one of these - puffs up real nice and the salty sausage cuts through the eggy bread flavour. Careful putting tomatoes in there, because the insides of these things are practically airtight they get steamy and the liquid inside them is lava temperature. Last toaster thread an user suggested instead of the usual of spreading the outside with butter (which is standard by the way) you can use pig lard for an extra crispy finish. Make sure you use a silicone tool or on advice of another user, a bamboo skewer. Clean them right away after you use them otherwise they end up blackened pieces of shit that smoke out your house when you use it, which will make you never want to use it. I think bamboo skewer user suggested using a damp rag on it right away to clean it. Last thing I'd add is if you're getting one of those, try and get one with interchangeable plates. You get ones for meat, sandwiches, waffles, paninis etc. and it makes it easier to clean. That's about all I can think of, enjoy your toasties.

Cheese & Ham
Cheese & Onion
Cheese, Ham & Onion
Dark Chocolate & Strawberries

simplysweetnsavory.blogspot.com/2012/01/vanilla-triangle-cake-in-sandwich-maker.html

Bacon, caramelized onions, and gorgonzola. It's fucking delicious.

I won one for sober grad. It was shit. Not fun to cook with. Made a mess and cluttered my counter. My cast iron pan is all I need senpai.

Tomato, then bite into it immediately after cooking

>Made a mess

Don't overstuff them. Too much cheese is normally most people's problem. It expands a bit and boils out. Putting in runny syrupy stuff or marshmallows is a biog no-no.

you tried marshmallow in a toastie?

I was making French toast with the bread and had chocolate and marshmallows in the middle. Fucking tasty mess followed and lots of smoke.

>3 hours of dissolving and washing burned on marhsmallow followed that

Woulda worked out fine on my cast iron pan.

I think at that point I'd have ditched the plates/whole thing and replaced them

Sure thing, kid.

>Woulda worked out fine on my cast iron pan.
except it kinda needs the whole crimped edges or you get 2nd degree burns on your hands when you take a bite

why in gods name would you risk fucking up your cast iron with burnt chocolate and marshmallow

that's what the shitty as seen on tv grill is for

>Not eating your French toast sandwich with a fork and knife
Barbaric.

Iron is fine, but for this you need a cast iron pie iron. Some are small enough to use standard store bread and crimp the edges, but most are not. You'd need to use homemade wide bread.

You don't even know what we are talking about do you?

tuna with cheese is god tier

>calling eggy bread "french toast"

>eating any kind of sandwich with a fork and knife
Poofter.

t. bong

i call it eggie breadie

Nothing on this Earth can fuck up a seasoned cast iron pan. Especially burnt sugar. You just use salt and oil for abrasion and it comes off. Also it's not hard to melt thing perfectly with moderate mess. You just start off cooking the French toast like regular, flip, put a bit of chocolate like a couple squares and one marshmallow on top then form the sandwich. If you're a real pro like me you'll leave it open face slide onto a cookie sheet with a silpat and broil the mallow so it gets a golden brown skin. Then you can either form the sandwich or eat open face up to you ;)

whatever was fashionable in the 90's i guess. so maybe cheez whip and doritos

See anons post dipshit

>Nothing on this Earth can fuck up a seasoned cast iron pan.

As someone who has used cast iron skillets for over 40 years, I can assure you that you are completely wrong.

still lacking crimped edges.
>why even bother?

This. This right here.

Hyperbole sure but it's really fucking hard to do. I've heard of some thinner gauges being prone to cracking but just getting then messy isn't irreversible

While I agree there is a certain amount of hyperbole involved, I can't see how any basic kitchen accident can damage CI.

Unless we're talking something absurd like a cutting torch, high explosives, industrial-strength acid, or a large caliber firearm, no you're not going to damage your CI in the kitchen. You might harm the seasoning but that's no biggie, just strip and re-season.

What is good about crimped edges? That's some autism right there.

Speaking of CI, I've baked a deep dish pizza in mine. Fucking divine.

it makes them crunchy and chewy

>what is good about keeping all that gooey goodness locked inside a tasty toast vault?
>what is good about the crisp crunchy corners?
>what is good about shapely and perfectly pressed toasties every time?

we'll never know

>You might harm the seasoning but that's no biggie, just strip and re-season.

It is a, "biggie." I'm not wasting my time reseasoning a skillet just for your childish play-acting at cooking with marshmallows. Do that on your own time, kid.

:3 semendemon?
it gives structure. bob ross would have something to say about the value in that

You mean like French toast already is? Just use Texas toast if you want more chewyness.

Wow, you really have never had one of these before. That's really really sad.

>It is a, "biggie."
How lazy are you?

Mashed Bananas.
Bonus: Nutella-esque chocolate spread
You'll fuckin' thank me later, it's heaven.

Yes exactly all those things keeping it locked in a "chamber" or the "shape" of it is all pure autism that doesn't change the flavor and I would argue that broiling your marshmallows will add flavor through maillard reaction which is really tasty on sugar.

>let's make a mess and fuck up the skillet seasoning
>you're lazy if you don't do this

0/10

No I have I used to own one. There is just nothing special about them unless you have like an autistic childhood emotional connection to them.

>doesn't change the flavor

This is how we know you don't know what you are talking about, yet again.

>just like i'm attached to my "CI"

kek

>completely overlooking the crispy and crunchy edges
stop trying to talk yourself out of trying one. they're delicious and you are missing out

Not that hard to control a melt in an open pan you talentless hack.

We were talking about chocolate and marshmallows. You said it is find to destroy the seasoning with that. Meaning you are not trying to control anything, but the foot in your mouth. Please, try to keep up, hun.

> mfw people use Tostizetapparaten voor anything other than 2 - 3 slices of bread stuffed witha slice of gouda.

It doesn't. I've had them. Also I didn't make the CI post. I prefer it for it's durability and versatility which I value living in places with limited counter space my whole life.
I've had one. The edges are not significantly crunchier than any other grilled cheese or French toast crusts I've had. Y'all are just fronting for the fact you lack the basic kitchen skills to make grilled cheese in a pan.

No there's another user on here talking about cast iron I didn't say that. I don't say CI.

>he doesn't grease up the edges for a good crunch
seriously though, unless you press the sides of your precious pan grilled sandwich you're not going to manage to fill it with foods like baked beans without spilling them everywhere.

>The edges are not significantly crunchier than any other grilled cheese or French toast crusts I've had

That's flat out high order bullshit right there.

>Baked beans on a sandwich
Fuck outta here. And I like to melt the copious amount of cheese so it leaks out and makes a delicious skirt of cheese chip.
It's true! Hahahahaha where the fuck are you guys from this seems like a British or Australian meme to me. I've never seen these things taken so seriously. I'm very surprised that of all the shitposting I've don't this has pulled some if the most genuine passion.

Braised steak and onions

baked beans and cheese toastie is a delicacy and you're talking out of your arse chap.

>Hahahahaha
>xD upboated

you have to go back

Hahahahaha no. I may dip a grilled cheese in a bowl of some like really flavorful feijos beans but that's about it.

i rather use the pan

like i use scissors to cut pizza instead of that silly metal wheelblade

Taco meat and cheese

>Reddit has now cornered the market on laughing
You should go back with your weak ass shitpost friend. And delete our Pepes while you're at it pls.

I was suprised at how good tuna melts are.

>heated mayonnaise

Who knew it could work?!

Troll confirmed.

What? Everybody. It's a diner staple numbnuts.

Why?

I found out after making my first "Chicken & Broccoli Braid."

pamperedchef.com/recipe/Main Dishes/Chicken & Broccoli Braid/10047

You can miniaturize that and stuff it into a sandwich maker too. Take care you don't burn the crust though.

intriguing

used to put pie filling in these 30 years ago

Two pieces of bread

Same, but I need a sugary dip for them.

>cast iron meme

Did 20-somethings just rediscover these shitty things?

pie filling doesn't have enough sugar for you?

I make my own pie fillings and those don't have much sugar in them. The glaze that goes on top is the same thing you make for cinnamon rolls or strudels.

use baking sheets / oven sheets in it. That way you never have to clean it. They are a fucking pain to clean, and putting it off can be harmful.

underrated post

smoked fish in the morning for breakfast is god tier.

Not a meme if it works.

get a waffle iron instead, I had those once and it got boring fast

Just use a wet rag to clean. Stop overfilling them so they puck hot shit everywhere.

Waffle irons don't allow filling. You may as well told the OP to get a car instead.

I think he was just referring to the fact in the long run he'll make more waffles than meme grilled cheeses.

>"everything I don't like or understand is a meme" meme

>I only came here to troll.

Okay, buddy.

canned spaghetti

>They need a gadget to make eggs
Wew

>he feels the need to antagonise other people on the food they like to eat in order to feel accomplished

Go back.

no u

This ain't your safe space faggot.

My my aren't you cool, is telling people to "go back" all you do for fun?

I also fuck your mum