How old were you when you realized we live in discrete space with continuous time?

how old were you when you realized we live in discrete space with continuous time?

planck lengths are like neurons, they're useful for making models and coming up with theoretical ideas but they don't actually exist in practice

we perceive time as discrete lad

oops my bad meant to reply to OP

Heh

>any length shorter makes no physical sense

That is simply not true. The planck units are just nice, and we expect the planck length is where things like quantum gravity kick in.

But it is definitely not a minimal length (unless maybe you are a dirty LQG theorist).

just like genes, phonemes, and so many other things. deciding on a distinct object or unit doesn't really consider the reality of it, only what is historical and convenient.

one gene one protein hypothesis my dude
genes are distinct

it is true. no physical interaction can happen on a scale smaller than the plank length, as that is the wavelength of something at plank energy.

Discrete space, ok. But continuous time ? Not ok.

It was when I was eight years old and rammed my head against the doorknob six times. Coincidentally that was also the time I started posting pop-sci bullshit on Veeky Forums.

Space is certainly not discrete, because if it was then we would see violations of lorentz invariance.

Planck length means that spacetime is quantized, not but discrete.

It only took me a discrete period of time to fill up a discrete section of your mothers anus with my cock last night

>neurons don't exist
Are you drunk?

Plank length is just the smallest interaction length. Space isnt discrete, i.e we arent snapped to a grid.

A particle could be 1 plank length from the grid origin at some point, and then later be at 1.25 plank lengths from the grid origin.

>b-but muh uncertainty principle...

If space where discrete then we would only see empty space because any discrete set had Lebesgue measure 0 and seeing is the equivalent of integrating over the observed particles which should be equal to 0 just like seeing emptiness, but it's not. Therefore space is continuous.

There may be finitely many atoms but doesn't change a thing.
Also, Planck length is the smallest we can observe and only makes physically sense to us.

time is also discrete

>one gene one protein hypothesis my dude
>genes are distinct

That hasn't been the prevailing definition of a gene for ages though.

>applying Lebesgue measure to physical reality.

dummy the measure of choice over a discrete space (in the geometric sense) is the cardinal, not lebesgue

>one gene one protein hypothesis
last time I checked it had been disproven by RNA editing

inability to mathematically describe smaller lengths =/= no smaller lengths exist

he probably thinks the brain is a syncytium