Veeky Forums I fucked up how do I desalt a meal that's too salty?

Veeky Forums I fucked up how do I desalt a meal that's too salty?

make an identical second meal without any salt and add it to the first meal

Add some sugar

hmm that makes perfect sense but I don't have enough materials for another batch of macaroni 'n' cheese

You're more or less fucked at this point. The only way to de-salt a dish is to dilute it, so either add more water, meat, or veg or whatever it is you're making.

This is the only correct answer. Add more water and pray for evaporation, which isn't going to cure the saltiness. Throw the entire thing away and start over.

>Macaroni and cheese
How the hell do you oversalt that in the first place?

Would you die if you bite into that mountain

My mum used to say to put a potato in it to cook and absorb the salt. Idk if true

By pouring it out from one of those boxes made for refilling and not a salt shaker.

Bleach will take it right out.

you don't have plain pasta?

It does. Or it at least appears to be good at soaking up salt and seasoning whenever I use one. Though it's better if a dish already asks for potato.

It would be extremely salty.

do you have extra cheese sauce/

for you

reverse osmosis

Do you have a can or two of tomatoes? That'll mix well with your mac n cheese. And dilute it a bit.

Add water if possible, to dilute it.
If applicable, such as in a stew, add a couple small potatoes and recook the food until they're soft, adding water if necessary. The potatoes do a fairly good job at "sucking" the salt.

Dont mix the fucking salt in then. Just accept your losses and scoop up the affected mac.

slice up that shit and stir fry it in something else. eat with a bowl of rice

use some paprika, it absorbs the salt

don't do this it creates mustard gas

Add lots of sugar and have ants sort the whole thing out

put pepper on it

pepper is the opposite of salt

Sometimes we simply fuck up.

It's okay. It's the only way we learn.

Pour water to dissolve into ions. Absorb through anus. Continue until low sodium.

Just use pic related, buddy.
Perfect mac n cheese every time, no fuss.
Thank me later :^)

Fuck it. Don't let that salty mac n cheese kick your ass. Make it your bitch. Add more salt to that shit. Keep adding salt just to show it who's boss. Then eat it. All of it.

add slices of raw potato, mix and wait
the potato absorbs the salt but it will turn into mac, cheese n potato

Add more milk for dilution and a bit more flour or corn starch to keep the thick consistency. Add in drive and drabs and taste the whole time to make sure the sauce is perfect. Cheese is naturally salty next time don't add any salt until you taste the end product and then add it in in small pinches until the flavor is just right.

You could also add a couple of dribbles of pale ale or white wine instead of more milk. That's always fun

Water evaporates before salt does, so you'll be left with more salt. Grade school chemistry man..

add thos Beans to soak up all that salt

This gay fucking cartoon is practically the Veeky Forums version of EFG

Pour salt into your hand, then add to the pot...

>now you know.