This is 20th century mind. Where the fuck is 21th century genius...

This is 20th century mind. Where the fuck is 21th century genius? What will be his (of course "his" ffs) areas of expertise?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Coppersmith
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Give me a few years. Im in the middle of finding a new house with enough land that i can put a workshop on. Once i get my workshop you are going to see some crazy shit, I guarantee it.

probably working for some government agency where his work will never be allowed to see the light of day

why won't you use some better equipped workshop like CERN, LIGO etc.?

We're only 18 years into the 21st century, be patient retard

the age of the genius is at end, the future heroes of scientific advancement are the brainlet middle management that herd and direct teams of autistic researchers.

Some of my projects may not be entirely legal and i dont feel like moving that far. Im not planning on working with gravitational wave detection, does LIGO really do anything else?

We are still using Von Neumann's x86 architecture, which he literally wrote on a napkin as a temporary solution to an immediate problem he had.

>(of course "his" ffs)
What if it's an AI?

>Area of expertise
If it's an AI, it could be pretty much anything and everything.

Yeah and the roaring 20's are coming up. Off the boom of the war on terror.

Same thing as last century, gi's come home and help make America great again.

I don't think so. No important math is done for money, much less for the government. I mean, daily reminder that when the UK's government took away Littlewood they used his brilliant mind to... (drum roll please) calculate projectile trajectories. That's right. They got one of the most brilliant number theorists to do fucking high school calculus.

He is the most overrated intellectual in the history.

The future is for the schizophrenic, soon there will be nutjobs everywhere in government. By then we will be dead and the future is fucked.

Inventor of an AI will probably take the credit.

>Von Neumann's x86 architecture

Why?

(((Why?)))

The genius would have a score of superintelligent androids at his disposal conducting perfect research while he directs his main attention elsewhere.
He could either be researching or developing and shove off the other task to his team of robots. That would cut costs tremendously and make it easier for him to forgo profits off his inventions---oh, and he'd most likely be an engineer rather than a mere scientist, not unlike Tesla.

A Jew? Is that the only reason you can give me that he is overrated?

He seems to have created a lot of math. He was a born math-bot, which is only good and he deserves his name being dropped in things like PDE courses.

Pls.

yep
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Coppersmith

>The genius would have a score of superintelligent androids at his disposal conducting perfect research while he directs his main attention elsewhere.
>He could either be researching or developing and shove off the other task to his team of robots. That would cut costs tremendously and make it easier for him to forgo profits off his inventions---oh, and he'd most likely be an engineer rather than a mere scientist, not unlike Tesla.
Was Hitler a genius for employing Rommel? Were the leaders of Carthage geniuses for employing Hannibal? Was the king Seonjo a genius for employing admiral Yi Yun Si?

It's currently the reddit position to praise Von Neumann, and thus the contrarian position to diminish him.

What an independant spirit you are.

>Where the fuck is 21th century genius?
Do you even have to ask?

>(((grothendieck)))

>Witten
>pushing string theory, a failed theory from the 70s
>21st century genius

how dumb do you have to be to make a post like this

butthurt stringer detected

uneducated brainlet detected.

He is probably playing videogames and masturbating to trap hentai

He did a lot.
Technically jews wouldn't call him a jew. He was at best a half jew, if his father is who they say it is. His biography is really interesting. He did go full anti-West liberal at the end which was too bad.

The only possible answer right now is Wolfram and his ideas are fringe, but he is a Polymath.

you're right, i am.

You didn't get where I was going with it.

stay mad, goyim; also read récoltes et semailles in which he boasts of his jewishness

>goyim
He was a goy. Jews only consider him a jew when they want to take credit for his accomplishments. His mother was not jewish. He was not religious.

religious dummys do, glorious secular hebrews recognize their rightful champion regardless

Honestly, the enormous amount of information we have is a problem. There are great minds, but they can't work like this anymore.
There is just too much information present and many areas of research is just working taking a look at something and determining whether it's good shit or bad like most researchers can do that.
Information is shared, research is diverse, it's like a tree. The old guys basically discovered the few top branches of tree, but now we are at a way lower level and there are several thousand branches at the same level.

At the beginning of the 20th century our knowledge of physics jumped not just because of geniuses, but because we were at a point where we had experiment data, but it weren't evaluated. We had a lot of experimental data so the minds who decided to look into it had enough to reach a conclusion, the foundations of modern physics. There was no other way. Einstein, Dirac, etc. basically spent their lives evaluating this data.

So putting this two together, there isn't really a way to be a traditional genius nowadays. Point one makes you lost in one of the branches, makes it hard to contribute globally. Point two no longer holds, we slowly gain data now and we don't batch process, we continuously process. Lot of data also means lot of shit.

If he were exactly 100 years younger he would be 14 today and we wouldn't hear much from him. He would probably be like Jacob Barnett.

17*
The 21st century started in 2001.

might as well post a picture of kim kardashian or any other celebrity.

Autism

Fuck you! You pretend like you know shit. Einstein and Dirac did not spend their live evaluating data. In fact Dirac was exactly opposed to that.

20th century science was easy compared to 21th century

This

The sheer amount of data is so overwhelming that any potential "genius" wouldn't be able to handle it effectively. It's become increasingly difficult to simply identify what data is useful and what is just statistical white noise (Which the current state of mind that "getting published is everything" isn't helping). The problems faced now are moreover subtle and difficult than they were a hundred years ago and the return on research is diminishing. Whether or not the Flynn effect is real is irrelevant because the upper limits of human intelligence haven't changed in the past century. Data processing has become easier because of computers, but the amount of data for machines to processes has increased accordingly. To compound upon that theory has leaped so far ahead of experimental results that massive amounts of time is wasted on approaches that lead nowhere. Just look at physics, string theory was developed in the 70s and we're still not even close to a theoretical framework of how to realistically test it (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a string theory guy, this is my limited understanding based upon what friends in the field have told me).

You are too naive to expect any kind of answer out of a /pol/-kin that isn't snowflake projection and entitlement. In other words, ignore """""""////(((((("""shitposts""))''''///'''000)))'''))//"")))

>Einstein and Dirac did not spend their live evaluating data. In fact Dirac was exactly opposed to that.

Just because they weren't experimentalists doesn't mean they didn't analyze experimental data and try and reconcile it with seemingly conflicting theory. They both read widely and avoided limiting themselves to specific areas of research. For a modern Einstein or Dirac, not only is this increasingly difficult because of the wide scope of current research, but actively discouraged by the academic establishment.

Edward Witten is who you're looking for. Also Von Neumann is overrated.

The revolution will be in making soft sciences hard thanks to brain communication implants and general artificial intelligence

The 21st century starts at the year 2000.

No it doesn't.
The 20th century ends at the year 2000, given that a century is named after the (last year of it)/100. The first century ended in the year 100. 100/100 = 1, in the same way that the second ended in 200 and 200/100 = 2. Likewise, 2000/100 = 20.
It's the 3rd millenium that starts in 2000.

The last year of the 20th century is 1999.

It started in 2001, just as the first century started in year 1, not year 0.

learn 3 ingrish

I agree with these three. It was easier to be regarded as a genius in the past because there was so much to be discovered. All you had to do was be reasonably intelligent and determined and odds are you would have made some decent contribution. That's not to say that there's little to be discovered today, but that it's far more complex and difficult to earn the same recognition today because of the sheer amount of data and competition. Simply put, a person with an IQ of 130 today has to put in triple if not quadruple the amount of effort a person of comparable IQ would have had to put in merely 100 years ago. This also means that there will be less geniuses in the future, ceteris paribus.

Why the fuck is it called the 20th century if the year that is equal to 100*20 isn't in it then?

Knowing this to be true makes me sad.

>doesn't do anything to stop it or change it
>just posts wojak images on his favorite internet meme board
the absolute favela of nu-Veeky Forums

That really doesn't make sense and it borders on a state of lethargy.

Of course, you probably have some corrupt, ill-perceived notion of contribution to justify this outlook.

how can you be this this much of a brainlet?

Everything is has become so complicated that even the greatest geniuses can only solve individual parts of any given problem, not producing any tangible results until much later.

From wikipedia: "A century is a period of 100 years. Centuries are numbered ordinally in English and many other languages. For example, "the 17th century" strictly refers to the years from 1601 to 1700, but popularly refers to be the years 1600 to 1699."

>this is what capitalists actually believe

I'm studying physics at a phd level, this is the first post i made in months because its a topic thats rarely discussed, but very important. Why are you so mad? What should i do. I doubt the difference between me and Einstein is how i go on Veeky Forums for 30mins in the weekends. Now that i think about it. This is essentially the only "entertainment" i get.

retard

holy fuck i just wanna browse this forum without threads of 80 posts straight where people are just projecting and making excuses for them sucking so much fucking ass at everything

Comp sci majors don't realize it but they could become entrepreneurs and create things like futuristic operating systems or new computer architectures that might compete with Windows and x86 and so on, provide a good alternative to GNU/Linux. But all they can see is "muh jerbs".

Other than that, both Physics and Biology have huge technological potential going forward that an engineer could easily capitalize on. They might also go into Chemistry and start producing alternative fabrics, armors, and so on.

They can do anything because in the 21st century the sky is not even the limit anymore---it's just that the ground is no longer available.

lmao

>Von Neumann is overrated.
Who would you choose?

brain bulls today

brain bulls forever

>21th
>Genius
(You)

I love elon, but he's more like the Edison of this generation. A genius by any stretch of the imagination, but more impressive for his ability to manifest theory into real projects

*Ed Witten blocks John von Neumann's Path Integral*

not you obviously