Have any of you ever worked at a fast food restaurant?

Have any of you ever worked at a fast food restaurant?

Yes, first job McDonalds. I was 17 at the time and the only person drive thru and cashier since I'm the only one who can speak Spanish and English while all the Mexican moms are in the kitchen or running food.

Plenty of line order cook jobs but no fast food. I'd assume its similar.
>heres the menu, make the menu

cool story bro

No because I'm not a pathetic retard

>pretending to be a mexican on the internet

Worked at wendy's. One time they made this dude's sandwich wrong 2x and he threw it at the girl in the drive thu window. she cried. i hated her. win win

another time this woman didnt say no sauce on her chicken wrap and came back up and was all "I DEF SAID NO SAUCE WTF" and the cashier kid was all "i'm sorry but I dont remember you saying that, we can make it again for you it'll just be a sec" and she said something shitty like "so i could be eating my food now if you didn't screw it up but because of your incompetence i have to wait?" soooooooooooooo we washed the sauce off in the dish water and just threw the chicken in the deep fryer for a sec and then made another one with it. Don't be rude to people that make your food only getting minimum wage, they can find another job. Watched her eat it, asked her if it was better. She said "would have been better if it was like this the first time".

You mean that's the kind of story you'd make up in your head when you were following your orders like a good little low pay worker bee. Bet people talked shit to you all the time and you did fucking nothing about it cos you're a pathetic little faggot. Quit lying on the internet we all know you're a beta loser

I dare you to throw a bitch fit after 8pm at a fast food place, night managers don't care what you do.

Oooh I'm shaking

You have to be 18+ to post on Veeky Forums.

It sucks being Drive Through because you have to learn how to take orders while you are cleaning, bagging orders, and restocking.

There is something wrong with the fast food industry when fast food can't be fast food. Not every store is going to get good enough sales to allow more than 3 people working at the same time.

How exactly does my post make me seem underage? Or are you a triggered fast food worker who by definition is retarded and you're just parroting what you've seen others post without actually understanding what it means?

Never worked drive thru and glad I havent. I for one, have been drunk and cocained up so much getting food. Ive had sex in the line, pulled a knife in the line, vomitted 10 times in the line, through a half bottle which broke in a faggot check out guys face. Im lucky Ive never been arrested. I should have killed someone to push my luck. People are stupid and horrible trash most of the time.

yeah worked in a shitty australian fast food place called red rooster from 15-18
really quickly gets you to the point where you can't eat chicken anymore

I don't like it when a customer asks me a question about the menu because most of the time I don't know the answer. I don't like it when a customer wants to change their order or wants to give me more change after I just completed the transaction.

Then they shouldn't be located there. And they'll close. That should be well considered or you'll hemorrhage money. Look at the long run, rather than what's in front of you. Are you a manager, or an owner?

"Mom, check out what I said on Four Chan."

how do you not work drive through?

and not every store is made to handle large orders or a long line of customers. Even when there's a full staff, they might not have a big enough kitchen , separate windows for drive through, or

Also consider fast food doesn't mean instant food. Places like McDonald's are along those lines. Should just be a bomb ass dollar menu done quick imo. People want more quality anymore though. Things take longer even if everybody is doing their job. Millennials are pushing this trend to eat out more often, and expect a certain quality. It's hard to transition for big companies like this. There are niches for most companies to go to, but they probably won't. I think Taco Bell has the best model going. Subscribe and hit the like button.

It would be great if restaurants can have a grace period to restock and clean up a bit. A long line of customers incoming for 2-3 hours means no time for staff to do any maintenance.

nah, couldn't do it and not because i feel it's beneath me, i couldn't deal with those fucking mutant customers on a daily basis

Why are there so many edgelords in this thread?

You are lucky if you can choose not to do fast food and get another job.

Do you actually take anything here at face value?

If you can't handle that then I don't know how you'd handle any kind of workplace

Worked at a Krystal burgers one summer.

The first thing they train you is "Grey Goo". Grey Goo is the sign of a properly steamed hamburger, when the blood from the rare patty soaks into the bread and cooks in the bread.

I also got written up for making mini chili cheese dogs that were "too messy".

I don't like it when I'm working drive through and the customer doesn't even look at me. They just extend their hand out of their car to hand me payment and get their food. Not only is it rude, but it means there's a good chance they'll drop the money/food since they aren't really looking.

I don't like it when I'm working drive through and a customer asks me to throw away their trash for them .

Yeah currently working at Portillo's

I don't like it when I'm working drive through and the customer tells me the food he wants.

Sounds so hard

I don't like it when I'm the only person on front because that means I have to take orders from Drive Through as well as orders on front counter. That also means I have to be bagging others and making drinks for front and drive through.

Not him but you just sound like a kid trying to be cool

Yes. Especially when it's super busy. Sometimes you need to run to the back to get something and have to deal with taking an order and need to be able to remember an order long enough to be able to input into the register. If you stand at the drive through register just taking orders you won't get anything then. You have to learn to multitask and be able to remember a long list of orders to survive. You won't always have someone on the floor to help you collect , help you restock, or help you bag.

>Working at McDonald's over the holidays for my vidya money and to afford a new fancy kitchen appliance
>Late on a Friday in the city centre
>Aboriginal family stumble in
>Goon bags stuffed into pockets
>Coke bottle clearly used to huff glue being held by the 3 year old
>They order around $30 worth of food
>Become enraged when I ask for payment
>They start yelling
>Just a kid, too scared to react properly
>Look back for help
>The only physically large person is the manager's pet cook who is just staring at the grill, trying not to get involved
>One of the younger men in the group mounts the counter to snatch food
>He's incredibly drunk and can't manage it
>The little kids start stealing display items and trying to grab food from trays
>Suddenly the guy climbing the counter is dragged off
>Look up to see a huge guy in what seemed to be 70's costume, drag the guy by the legs
>Hear the sickening dull crack of a skull hitting the floor
>Drags the guy by his ankle and one of the others by the hair and physically flings them out onto the road
>The whole family spit and throw rubbish at him
>He comes back inside and steps up the counter
>Asks for a frozen coke
>Have to tell him the machine is broken
>He just stares at me
>Offer him a thickshake or regular drink
>Just sighs and says no thanks, defeated
>Walks outside
>One of the Aboriginal guys bottles him
>Massive fight breaks out
>Frozen coke guy trips one into the street
>Lands face-first into the curb and knocks himself out
>Hospitalises the other two
>Walks away, still looking really defeated about not getting his frozen coke

First job was working at subway. It wasn't bad. All the customers liked me a lot and gave me a good amount of money ever week in tips.

Yes. I worked at a Sonic Drive In.The orders come in really fast when there's nice weather. They come in all at once since there's 18 stalls and two drive thrus.

I cut my hand open and didn't notice it. I don't know how long I was bleeding but I noticed that I had bled all over the burgers I was making. My boss was a bitch and would have chewed me out in front of everyone if I threw them out. So I just wrapped them up and sent them out. I put gloves on afterward but the bleed was kind of leaking out. I was able to get to the first aid chest when business slowed down but it was completely empty.

If there isn't 2 windows for drive through or at least 2 people for front, the person taking orders is also the same person who has to take payment while taking another for the next customer. So what happens is that a customer makes an order, drives up to drive through window, awkwardly waits for a minute or 2 for drive through person to take order for the next customer before giving payment and often has to wait an extra minute or so before getting their order because drive through is busy taking orders/making drinks instead of bagging.

I worked at an Abry's for 4 years from 14-18 and my mom was the manager. It was fucking awesome because back in the early 2000's we got paid 10-12/hr, but we worked our ass off and everyone was a damn good worker

No, I'd rather kill myself if it came down to that or nothing.

your not underage probably, just a complete fucking idiot. You can't help that though user, it's ok.

>I don't like it when I'm working drive through and the customer doesn't even look at me.

We do that because we are scared that merely looking into a wage-cuck's eyes will make us catch "poor"

I wish I could. You get money working in these places.

I worked at Culver's for four years in high school. Then I worked st a pizza place for a week as a driver then quit. Both jobs sucked

Pretty much this.

Working at a mcdonalds at 1am on a friday is my idea of hell.

recently was rejected by mcdonalds. i am 23. end me.

I delivered for little Caesars for about 2 years. I miss that job. I made like 50-100 a night on tips plus minimum wage. It was a franchise little Caesars so all of the toppings were fresh. We even had some extra toppings that aren't typically at most corporate little Caesars. Also.. all the young high school girls working there in leggings. I was drunk every day. I want to go back.

LMFAO

I asked how exactly. Exactly being the key word. So if you can't answer that then why post, silly cunt?

>complete fucking idiot

Yes I guess that's why I have a doctorate. Because I'm an idiot. And I never worked in a fast food restaurant. Seems legit.

Yeah I got one
>Mother worked at McDonald's back in 70s-80s
>Was sent to a location to watch a film reel to show how to use a cash register
>Day after her first day on the job began
>Was lunch time on a Saturday
>Errors every few orders
>Nobody taught her how to clear an order
>Film reel never covered this aspect
>She remembered it clears if the cash drawer opens
>Put the order in but never passed it to the kitchen
>End of the day she was counting the cash with her supervisor
>She was off by 400 dollars
>Supervisor asked what the fuck happened
>She explained she has no idea how to clear an order
>They showed her how to do it
>Everything was fine for a while
>Eventually she moved to the back to make food
>Was too short to see the people through the window
>Was the best time of her life at McDonald's
>Then she caught mono and was put on leave for a while but wasn't fired
And when she came back it had gotten put under new ownership and they scheduled her to work during that time but she didn't show so they fired her, but she came in to say she got a different job and was resigning but was told she was already fired.
Only many years later she realized it was unlawful termination.

She then worked at pioneer chicken for a bit.

Every food business sucks dick as a cashier.

Is this the same guy who said he earns 140k flipping burgers at wendy's?

Do you actually expect anyone to read that walk of text? Lmao get the fuck back to redit fagboy

Never forget when /b/ got a job managing a McDonalds lol

Got my start at Burger King. Manager noticed I had a flair for going "off-menu" and promoted me to their corporate menu creation team. I worked on the Halloween Whopper. My roomate at Burger King College was the son of the guy who invented chicken sticks. The valet was daughter of the woman who invented their French Toast sticks.

Your entire post sounds like you are 15 years old trying to be cool if you don't understand how exactly it's because you are definitely underage

Fast food can either be cozy or super sucky. I would recommend taking up graveyard shift .

My first job was at McDs when i was 15, was when they were doing the 28 cent mcdouble promotion. Quit mid shift 2 weeks in, was a horribly depressing job.

>Burger King College

>A guy had to invent cutting chicken, breading it, and deep frying it

>Familys claim to fame is french toast sticks

fucking christ dude I hope you at least broke the chain and did something interesting with your life.

Quit the business and became a CPA.

wew lad

Easy, kid. Don't get all worked up.

I worked Krystal for almost a year. Don't remember getting told about Grey Goo, but you're right. Worked pretty much every weekend night. All the club-goers asking for entire grills(24), different condiment combinations throughout, chiks. Learned real quick how to layout multiple grills simultaneously.
I never went in to work unless I was high/drunk. Favorite food to eat on the line was a double meat cheese krystal with a chik and chilli on it.
They fucked up their double krystals though. Taking out that one piece of bun in the middle is lame af for what they charge for it.

Damn.
I hope you apologized profusely for your store's incompetence and thanked him even more for dragging those fucks out.

Kill yourself worthless NEET.

Doctorate degrees are given to idiots all the time.

no one gets a doctorate in shitposting, fuckwit.
do your homework, do your chores, calm down and maybe, MAYBE, your mom will bring you some tendies.
her nigger stud is still gonna rape your sissy ass, tho.

I did, you illiterate nigger.

>Tour de Franzia
everytime

But how exactly does it sound like I'm 15? Are you too stupid to articulate your thoughts? Im asking a simple question.

Godamn if this shit doesnt give me faith in humanity

This shit right here. Your childish insistence on arguing because someone hurt your feelings on a singapore sand-drawing ground. You are acting immature and it shows. Happy now? No? Aargue more, that'll show how mature you are. Fag.

>>Working at McDonald's over the holidays for my vidya money and to afford a new fancy kitchen appliance
>>Late on a Friday in the city centre
>>Aboriginal family stumble in
>>Goon bags stuffed into pockets
>>Coke bottle clearly used to huff glue being held by the 3 year old
>>They order around $30 worth of food
>>Become enraged when I ask for payment
>>They start yelling
>>Just a kid, too scared to react properly
>>Look back for help
>>The only physically large person is the manager's pet cook who is just staring at the grill, trying not to get involved
>>One of the younger men in the group mounts the counter to snatch food
>>He's incredibly drunk and can't manage it
>>The little kids start stealing display items and trying to grab food from trays
>>Suddenly the guy climbing the counter is dragged off
>>Look up to see a huge guy in what seemed to be 70's costume, drag the guy by the legs
>>Hear the sickening dull crack of a skull hitting the floor
>>Drags the guy by his ankle and one of the others by the hair and physically flings them out onto the road
>>The whole family spit and throw rubbish at him
>>He comes back inside and steps up the counter
>>Asks for a frozen coke
>>Have to tell him the machine is broken
>>He just stares at me
>>Offer him a thickshake or regular drink
>>Just sighs and says no thanks, defeated
>>Walks outside
>>One of the Aboriginal guys bottles him
>>Massive fight breaks out
>>Frozen coke guy trips one into the street
>>Lands face-first into the curb and knocks himself out
>>Hospitalises the other two
>>Walks away, still looking really defeated about not getting his frozen coke

Cool., yeah fighting drunk people is easy when you are a coke drinker.

Yeah. I was a bus boy at some generic western style restaurant at Wonderland. It was terrible. So hot and disgusting. And the head chef always made me do the most ridiculous tasks like scrubbing the walls and the baseboards with a little towel. Meanwhile, the female employees are complaining because they had soooo many customers to ring up.

>soooooooooooooo we washed the sauce off in the dish water and just threw the chicken in the deep fryer for a sec and then made another one with it.
No you didn't, because you know damn well you're on camera and your manager would have your ass if he saw you do it. Stop telling lie on the internet, wagecuck

Current NEET who has worked at Steak N Shake, Burger King, Taco Bell, and Dairy Queen. I personally have never fucked with anyone's food, but.... isn't exaggerating.
> on camera
LOL maybe in the UK

social sciences and PE dont count

Can you just not read bud?

What? In the post I was accused of being underage I wasn't arguing with anyone though. You must be American, it's the only reason I can think of to explain your devastating retardation.

the containment boards are leaking again...

wtf user

>hurrr containment boards durrrr

Shut the fuck up redit fucking retard faggot tell me where you live tell me right fucking now I'm going to kill you and your whole fucking family come on you fucking pussy

She sounds cute :3

My girlfriend works at McDonalds. Opposite side of town though, so I can never meet her for lunch and get super cheap food. >:(

yes, jack in the box

ama

Is yours next to a gas station?

yes

>Getting this colon crucified over a comment on this Koren brake pad inspection forum

As a former overnight taco bell employee I can say that alot of these stories are probably true. I've ripped bongs, taken beers, seen tits seen vag and gave away more free shit than tbell would like to know during my stay at the drive thru, fired for drinking on the job and no regrets

no

one time the cashier was talking about yoga to his buddy so i did a crow pose in front of them and they gave me a free soft-serve cone

I got hired by a grocery store and an arcade pretty fucking easy. Never dealt with fast food work as a teen

ahh so you're just a faggot then.

sounds like you're the beta faggot who doesn't have the balls to do it.

>that feel when I've been working at a Tim Horton's for ten goddamn years
>TEN GODDAMN YEARS

Fucking this. We close down at 9 PM, so we're required to stop certain services at around 8 PM just so we can clean things easier. If people get mad about not being able to get a panini at 8:30 at night, they can do the same thing I do every night: go home and ACTUALLY COOK SOMETHING.

Tell them it's a violation of your health code for you to handle other people's trash, and that company policy won't allow it. If your restaurant/company is worth their salt, they should already have a policy like that.

Most people are pretty understanding about things like that (at least with my clientele). I had one old fucker threaten to call corporate over it years ago, but nothing ever came of it. He's probably dead now. Worms crawling in and out of every orifice of his flesh. Makes me very happy.