Veeky Forums why do you read philosophy?

Veeky Forums why do you read philosophy?

Because I want to.

Alcibiades' boipuss tbph

Because through it I learn how all deep questions that have bothered people are like linguisti cconfusions man :^)

like bring words back to their ordinary contexrts of usage man lmao like how are there even metaphyscs haha

For the love of wisdom :^)

it really pisses this one user off. like i think he might shoot some people one day just cuz i read philosophy lulz

i've become a Husserl scholar because of it, but it's a price i'm willing to pay for user's precious virigin tears tbqh

I don't.

in grad school for it and they pay me to

For the same reason I'm fascinated with serial killers. I like to see how different people think.

walter kirn's blood will out, user.

If I don't i fall into a sort of sadness which mind attempts to overcome with weeks of sticking my tiny dick in nasty bitches and yelling at faggots to dps harder in wow - I do this Until my senses are burnt raw and my spirit has completely fled my body leaving it yearning for the sort of relief from pain found in the fucking void, suicide, this fills my chest with the sort of fear that makes my mind manic and question every fucking thing until I just have to find some reason or answer and turn back to my favorite books and live again, because I'm only alive when that goodness frees my life and lights the way for my footsteps.. Repeat.

The question is why don't people read philosophy?

So cool because like you have like 5 million immediate answers lol

Who /Lucretius'_materialism/ here?

To validate my own misery.

to fuck up my brain bitch

lucretius' materialism is good as far as materialism goes, but his interpersonal shit is fucking awesome.
>Everyone as a rule fall towards their wound, and their blood spurts out in the direction from whence comes the blow by which we are struck. And if he is at close quarters, the red stream of blood covers the foe.
>Thus he who is struck by the weapons of Venus, whatever be the object that hits him, inclines to the direction from where he is wounded, and yearns to unite with it and join body with body, a mute desire giving a presage of the pleasure to come.

Because deep down I want to seem intelligent, and interesting, and attract women, but I never even see any women because I never leave the house, and I'm actually a very boring person, and whenever someone asks me what I've been doing I say "nothing" because I just sit around and read, and am too uncomfortable with the idea of talking about what I'm reading, so I'm going to die alone without ever holding a woman.

I want to be wrong, and I want to be right. I do not want to waste, and I do want to waste.

So what should I do?

>odi et amo
>wat do
read catullus couplets?

Mass murderers are the cool kids.

as someone reading about carnap's thoughts on the foundations of mathematics and logic and quine's response, I'm wondering the same thing.

The part with the sad elephants being killed for sport made my heart sink. I followed up "The Nature of Things" with Isaac Asimov's "Understanding Physics."

his metaphors and imagery is so hnnng in those passages.
>snake-handed elephants
just hnnng

>tfw you will never arrive wasted as hell at a party and start telling an embarrasing story about how one of your bros didn't wanted to fuck with you, only to get humiliated again by said bro
Being Alcibiades is suffering.

This, but luckily I've managed to hold a woman before.

it seems a bit suspicious that Plato seems to write mostly scenes of "SOCRATES IS TOTES OVER ALCIBIADES HE'S LIKE A CELIBATE PHILOSOPHER MONK NOW that's why he won't fuck me i'm sure SEE ALCIBIADES GOT TURNED DOWN BY HIM AGAIN AND SOCRATES WAS ALL A-ABOUT THAT BOIPUSS BEFORE PHILOSOPHY and that's why he won't fuck me now"

that said
>when you make a cake for Socrates and his wife fucks it up because she knows Socrates is still all about that boipuss
that is suffering. he made a goddamn cake. when grinding your own flour was normal. and he made a cake from scratch out of it.

To get a better, deeper understanding of the world. Also to learning to make better arguments and to have a conversation with the author on the subject. It's also thought provoking and I get to question things even if they are thought as unquestionable. Just a few quick reasons.

Becouse dasein

So I can seem to be a lot smarter than I actually am.

t. Western literature undergrad.

Because I'm autistic enough to give a shit about stuff like art, music, philosophy and lit, but not autistic enough to be a weeb, or other inane nerd for vidya, comics or d&d

Basically I'm a sperg

You just have to build up some conversation skills, be able to speak about what moves you. Stop whining and engage with the world god damn it.

It's the only thing that matters with love and art.