Most autistic thing you did while learning to cook?

most autistic thing you did while learning to cook?
mine was definitely not waiting til oil was hot and just throwing the food in.
equally bad and dumb was flipping the food in my direction which is how i burned the fuck out of my hand

Made a lot of mistakes whilst learning how to cook. Theres no way out of it except trial and error and a willingness to make mistakes.
That is, of course, unless you want to create the perfect meal every time with minimal effort.

Just chuck it in the microwave for two minutes, friend.
Perfect every time, classic recipe.

autistic != stupid

i've learned a lot over the years and can proudly say i have the cooking skills to easily best jack in a competition

well i mean yeah?

not preheating the oven before baking

When I used to make instant ramen on a stove top, I would crack an egg and drop it into the noodles and broth it was boiling in and then scrambled it with a fork.

I threw away all my pepper because it causes alzheimers

and what do you do now that you know better?

Under cooked chicken and got sick to my stomach once. Filled my entire apartment with smoke cooking fatty beef. Gave myself food poisoning from hamburgers. Burnt rice a bunch. A lot of dumb things

Burned the bacon. I fucked up my mom's waffle maker once. I over seasoned stuff etc. I was like 13 tho b4 I graduated hs

I was a pro.

Okay? It just makes the broth creamy

Not waiting for water to boil before throwing in my pasta because impatience.

dropped my food on the floor

Waiting for the oil to boil before throwing in my falafel.

I boil the egg first

I put my cutting board in the freezer one night after a quick wipedown. I forgot I cut chicken on it way earlier. My thought was that putting it in the freezer would kill any other bacteria. It did not. I wrecked my car driving home from school because my fever was so high I passed out due to the salmonella.

I didn't really pay attention to the recipe when making risotto for the first time when I was a teenager and just threw all the ingredients in the pot together at once. It turned into loathsome gruel.

>be like 8 or some shit
>dad teaches me to dredge and panfry fish
>one day home alone
>feel like some fish
>start cooking it
>remember that I had to turn the temperature down at a certain point
>can't remember what number I am supposed to turn it down to
>OH SHIT WHAT DO NOW?
>panic
>phone a family friend
>he says turn it down to 4
>do so
>everything turns out fine in the end

What a retarded thread. "Autistic" as you may call it op. Bunch of fucking boring ass reditors is here. Pathetic, all of you

>autistic
user...

I've always hated numbers. There's low, medium-low, true medium, medium-high, and high.

Friend just got a new stove, and it just has a mark for high and low. Jesus fucking Christ...

Yeah it must be difficult to figure out the other settings

i was 12 and wanted to make some of those brownies out of the box, when it said 'grease bottom of pan' i thought it literally meant the underside of the pan.

I'd grease your 12 yo bottom if you know what I'm saying

>autistic
Do you mean retarded? It's common to be autistic and be of above average intelligence

i panic n lose all hope when the ingredients arent told exact amounts

still troubles me if this happens

My sister put the electric deep fryer on the stove.