I was told that Germany had the best beer. Since moving here I have found that it all tastes like sweet lager piss

I was told that Germany had the best beer. Since moving here I have found that it all tastes like sweet lager piss.

Am I missing something? This swill cannot be what people actually come to the Oktoberfest for is it?

You were told wrong. German beer culture is actually not that big as people think, and that misunderstanding largely comes from certain festivals like oktoberfest.

If you want variety you should go to Belgium.

Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock. Trust me.

>moved to germany
are you syrian?

Wheat beers, user. Wheat beers.

>muh IBU
Moving to Germany and expecting everything to taste like American style overcompensation beer with dragons and swear words on the label is like moving to Japan and expecting everything to taste like Goan food

Unless you live in some bumfuck village you should be able to get a good variety of beers, and nobody is going to throw you in jail for drinking a style that didn't originate within a 10km radius

I wish! then I could quit working and just spend my days bothering girls on the U-bahn like all the others.

I'm actually British. I would kill for a real ale right now.

Even a john smiths would be better than this, that how low I've sunk....

The headache the next day is merciless though!

Can you not get Belgians, user? I just moved to NL and have a nice Duvel on the go right now; it's great to be able to just walk to the shop around the corner and pick up a decent beer.

Also: crates of beer in the cellar.

Probably, If I knew where to look...

anyone got any suggestions of where to buy imported beer in Munich?

>go to Belgium.

This.

Those fuckers are the beer master race.

Ze Germans make great hefeweizen, dunkleweizen, and dopple and tripple bocks, but the Belgian trappist ales are nectar from the Gods themselves.

Weihenstephaner

>British
>complaining about beer

german beer is pretty over rated

what's wrong with British complaining[spoiler] about beer[/spoiler]?

I don't know where Franziskaner is from, but I will never, ever get tired of it.

I had a choice of Franziskaner or Erdinger tonight, and I went with Erdinger.

Is it good? I don't think I've had Erdinger.

It is very good, allowing for it being a mass produced bottled beer.

>german beer
Some of their styles are good, but Germans don't do very good beer. It's a myth associated with a culture that likes beer but really doesn't make much that's all that great.

Belgium would be a better choice, followed by America (I can already smell the butthurt Europeans), Germany in third only because there really isn't much of a good beer scene yet internationally. To be honest I do enjoy stuff like Franziskaner, and some of their styles like Berliner-weisse are delicious, but I really have been disappointed with the selection from Germany I've seen. Seems they like lighter ales a lot which is okay but leaves a lot to be desired.

It doesn't matter what anyone says, but America has one of the most diverse and prodigious beer markets in the entire world.

>American 2nd
>Not even mentioned Czech

Opinion discarded.

>Americans get angry about Euros shitting on their beer who only had mass produced piss
The irony.

>I can get over 300 different German beers spread out over dozens of styles in my tiny as fuck town in bumfuck-nowhere-near-relevant
You passportless fucks know squat about German beer.

>Muh shitty light ales and lagers
Stop drinking mass produced pisswater or Oktorberfest memes. Seriously, its the same shitty 5-10 pisswaters every time on Veeky Forums that no one with a clue about beer would even touch.

1. Germany
2. USA
3. UK
4. Belgium
5. Czech

Czech or Belgium would be higher up but their selection of styles is too narrow. If we only compare particular styles, they would end up 1st place easily quite frequently

Czech is too limited.

>variety
>Belgium
That's laughable. Everything is either tart or wheaty. There are a handful of mediocre stouts. Belgian beer culture everyone.
And yes I have been to belgium

>Seems they like lighter ales a lot
German beer is almost entirely lagers or yeasty wheats. Even their non-wheat ales like kolsch and altbier are lagered.

>what are bocks

Bocks are a type of lager, idiot.

Literally says "from Munich" right on the note I'm the picture you posted...

Watch out guys! This faggot has been to the mystical land if Belgium! All hail his authority on all things Belgian!!?

Seeing as how there's no /beer/ general, I'll post here. How's my haul, boys?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but germoney is over. finished. they arent going to have any more octoberfests because there are too many moslems to tend to

I'm sorry

drink the british and german first to get the shit beer out of the way and then enjoy 4 great belgians in a row

I had the Delirium Nocturnum first, then the German. You were right, user. The German was really disappointing

chimay red label is excellent

Nah just beer. It ain't that good

German beer is superior, IF you're a faggot purist who worships the Reinheitsgebot as holy scripture.

If you're looking for the true mecca of beer, yu need to go to the US. It's the only country that brews EVERY type of beer. You don't see britbongs or paddys brewing AIPAs or Chinks brewing Belgian Reds or Spics brewing double cream stouts. Hell, the insane adjuncts that brewers in the US use alone drive german brewers insane. Just like everything else, America has no couth or respect for "tradition" when it comes to brewing.

Four words
>Gummy
>Bear
>Pale
>Ale

I don't know if this is ironic shitposting, but this is actually absolutely true.

They also make better chocolate than the swiss, better wine than the french and better guns than almost everyone.

Unironic shitposting. I know it's shitposting, but you're right, it is ABSOLUTLY true.

Germany is the minnesomalia of Europe. Rip Germans, at least you tried to save us.

Find the schenkerla brewery, thank me later.

Should've gone there last time I was in Bavaria.

Weihenstephaner, Schneider Weiss, Ayinger, Pinkus, Schenkerla

problem solved OP

Belgian and American beer are actually the best worldwide

the German purity laws fucked over any chance of positive experimentation

>dude have you like tasted this "Venomous®: Monster Mash" beer? they like literally put like caramel and chocolate in the cask how fucking cool is that bro!!

>the German purity laws fucked over any chance of positive experimentation

This is horseshit and pure misinformation. Brewers could literally brew anything they wanted with any ingredients - they simply couldn't call it beer. Because in typical german fashion brewers were so regimentally in lockstep they couldn't creatively develop a catchy new name for that type of brewing, they didn't bother to try. Hell, they could have called it "anti purity laws" and probably taken the world by storm.

german beers are usually great for throwing back a few if not more then a few at a time. Belgians are the more refined enjoy it like a bottle of wine hence the corked n caged bombers.

I like German beers, but they just don't have the variety you find in the UK, Belgium and more recently the US.
It's a lot of lager for the most part, and the Czechs make the best lager anyway

Just got back from germany and Belgium couldnt agree more. It honestly just seemed like in germany you drink a few beers at meals and go about your day.

In Belgium they actually seemed interested in beer, and making beer that requires to attention.

Also German wine is garbage, and they drink so much of it.

>Also German wine is garbage
You're an idiot. t. not even a german

If anyone of you fuckers ever make it to Germany and visit the Allgäu. Try getting a Zöttler especially the Naturtrüb, they produce it not far away from the border to Baden-Würtemberg where I am from.

Its fucking good also their Hefeweizen is awesome as well, pretty pricy though 20 bottles for 19€ but its worth it.

Thanks
t. genuine Erdinger fag

ITT: buttshattered Belgian pseudo Frenchfrog shitting subhumans and other assblasted fags who try to shit on German beer but hopelessly fail.
lmaoing@your 3rd wold countries. You will always be subhumans.

NICE!

Best Beer ever. I went on holyday in Kempten in 1990 and i loved that beer ever since.

Try a Sterni. Everything will taste great afterwards.

are you 18?