For whom the bell tolls

What does Veeky Forums think of this book? Should I read it?

No, making threads about books you haven't read is much more fun.

I liked it. I have no idea what you like or dislike, nor do I care.

I liked it. You should read it.

It's great, some of Hemingway's best prose

Yes, read it.

it's long and boring. plus it's full of hemmmmingways constant insecurities leaking out onto the page.

there are authors who have achieved catharsis with a more entertaining byproduct.

read walden

tfw you will never have the earthshaking sex moment

i have never read it because the idiot used the wrong form of 'who' in the title

Dead Trotskyist/ 10. Read it.

I honestly fucking loved it and it is probably my favorite Hemingway so far.

A little after the middle of the book is a chapter where the MC walks through a field holding the hand of the woman he loves and it struck so deep it made me feel innocent again.

Def read

I read that the book got a lot of criticism for its unrealistic portrayal of Robert Jordan and Maria's romance, and how it began instantaneously. I suppose that's true, but I found the descriptions of their love to be so real. Reading it gave me the same feelings I had when I was in love with a half Spanish girl. Not that the race is really important though.

Also, what's the significance of Robert Jordan always being referred to by his full name?

No, he didn't. Are you legitimately retarded or just pretending?

Well Veeky Forums, for whom'st did the bell toll?

Don't ask.

>"The Earth moved"

The love story is amazing and gave me hope. Worth reading just for that desu.

*for whomst'd've'll

Don't tell.

I'm gay

Read old man and the sea instead. For whom the bell tolls is just Hemingway working through his butthurt over the communist losing in Spain.

>I didn't read the book