His knife cost less than $1,000

>his knife cost less than $1,000

laughing_girls.png

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-yu1vkfzznU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he uses a knife
>not 1000 times folded master crafted katana

Explain to me the difference in utility between a £10 knife and a knife for 100 quid.

What's a quid? How many stone is that?

quid pro quo

Veeky Forums is a meme-free board, please leave

>not an industrial laser cutter

>He's a mediocre cook who prepares meals for one 3 times a week but dropped over a grand on a knife

£90

listen here you little shit

>not saving your money and buying cheap ass kiwi knives and throwing them out a few times a year and buying new ones

>not keeping a razor sharp usuba knife to roll-shave vegetables to make flowers

God damn it, gave me a good laffing

>not owning an antique cleaver passed down from generation to generation and using it for everything

Blade way too thick, wouldn't slice meat with let alone vegetables.

uma delicia

Ouch.
It's true tho I'm not gonna go buy the whole snap on catalog for my garage either.

>he's a mediocre driver who goes to the racetrack once a year but dropped over $100k on a sports car
>he's a mediocre developer who can't even fizzbuzz with punch cards but dropped over $2k on a laptop
>he's a hobbyist musician who doesn't even have perfect pitch but dropped over $400 on headphones
>he's a mediocre travel photographer who hasn't even been in a single conde nast publication but dropped over $1000 on a lens
Things poor people say to rationalize their poverty, I'm sure you're a master of all things you do for fun, yes?

All those things make me cringe. There's a difference between being wealthy and spending money like a nigger.

My blade can cut through armor, and still cut a tomato!

>a person is wealthy because of consumer goods
I don't think you understand what "wealth" is, user. It's got nothing to do with this conversation. A person can be not poor, while still not being wealthy. Wealth is a whole other order of magnitude, which is not measured in consumer goods.

>he's a mediocre travel photographer who hasn't even been in a single conde nast publication but dropped over $1000 on a lens
I've posted my pictures on reddit numerous times.

>take shitty picture
>enable x16 HDR
>???
>front page of reddit!

that pic is well done

If you're in Australia and interested in Wusthof knives I should be able to get some of the larger sets for you at discount.

Like woah man true wealth is like not even material man

>the ruling class got there by giving up avocado toast
Whatever helps you rationalize your position in life

What kind of inane shit is that? Avocados equal gaudy purchases now?

Almost as fancy as limes, user
Get with the times

As limes, is this the 19th century?

I can take a $10 knife to a belt sander and it will be just as sharp as (((luxury knives))).

>I don't think you understand what "wealth" is, user.
I don't think you do. Anyone who can afford to spend $100k on a hobby is in the top 0.5% of the wealthiest in the world. And at least in the top 5% in America. If wealth and poverty are on a linear scale on opposite ends I'd say anyone 5% from the extreme could be considered wealthy.

I don't know why wealth and poverty attract so many incorrect notions.

Top 5% means nothing in the US, do you have any idea how few people control the overwhelming majority of the wealth? A person at the bottom of the top 5% is closer to someone in the bottom 25% than he is to someone in the top 1%

Please post more sexy knives.

>your penis wasn't cut by a knife
>the jew wasn't able to attack me
I thank Jesus Christ every day

Belt sander finish isn't as durable as stone on a micro level. (Also, the alloy can definitely make a difference).

Of course, if you're just gonna keep sanding it whenever the blade gets too dull, then it doesn't really matter.

Why's the handle so ugly?

Yeah but we're still the ruling class of the world. Our poor people have air conditioning and free food. The only homeless are those too mentally unstable to fill out their government paperwork.

Sex

I use an old handmade chef's knife my grandfather made. Nothing special but it does a great job and I never had any problem with it.

It looks small as well.
Must of been custom made for Donald Drumpff and his tiny, pikey hands.

but I do...

A laser cutter isn't so much about cutting power but more about precision, ya dingus

I use a $10 knife I purchased at Wal-Mart created by Chicago Cutlery.
Actually just got one sharpening it on an 8000 grit whetstone. Razer sharp.
Compared to their other knives, this one has a pretty thin metal for being SS, very easy to keep sharp.

Think you're funny, do ya. Bet you're having a proper giggle.

>edge down on shelves
I know those particular knives will be fine, but c'mon. come on. come on dude

Every summer a bunch of old geezers in every city die from heatstroke. An AC doesn't do you much good when you can't afford the electric bill

1 in 6 children in the US experiences malnutrition. Childhood malnutrition causes behavioral problems and reduced adult intelligence, which translate to reduced economic output due to the fact that retards can't do complex jobs or follow rules

I just got this for now since I didn't have an actual chef's knife. Got it mostly for blade shape and definitely not for the gimicky sharpener. There wasn't much to choose from at walmart.

/diy/ here. I made all my knives....from stock removal. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It was a gift, ass

That's bullshit. Every cheap food is enriched with all the essential vitamins you need. No way 1 in 6 children aren't eating dry cereal at least

Dude I'm from one of the poorest counties in my state and malnutrition may exist but it isn't from lack of services and so isn't preventable. Free breakfast and lunch year around at every public school. Like I said b4 there are some people so stupid you can't help them. If you're so poor you can't afford a/c you probably could qualify for section 8 subsidies.

Is this what being completely sheltered is like?

>using stamp knives
>ever

damn bet u slay the pussy with that

how many times has the steel been folded?

A fool and his money are soon parted.

>his knife is less than 1000 degrees

youtube.com/watch?v=-yu1vkfzznU

As if there was a difference. Even German top line knives with bolsters are all stamped today. The bolster is formed by induction heating that part of the stamped-out flat part and squishing it together and only THEN is it drop forged into shape. Besides "stamped out" meaning anything quality related stopped being a thing many years ago.

spoken like a true idiot

t. pyramid scheme man

>That cute little cleaver

I remember the thread this was posted a long time ago you can't fool me.

>he needs to chop things

pathetic. I can cook everything whole.

I keep reading ">his knife costs less than 1000 laughing girls" on the catalog.

But that would be a very odd currency.

I was 35 when I got my first Wusthof knife after using k-mart and cuisinart garbage for my while life. Now I am convinced that every person on the planet should be gifted a quality chef's knife on their 21st birthday, because - holy shit - people just don't know what they're missing when they use cheap knives. I had no idea. I wish someone had told me sooner. My knives are now the one thing in my kitchen I would never give up. You can take my nice spatulas, pots, mixer, stove, etc etc, but keep your damn hands off my knives.

Terrible analogy. Go back to /v/eddit

saji rainbow damascus? I was going to buy one but I held one at a knife show and the handles are gross, you'd need to rehandle it imo.

>2017
>not having a 60 year old Japanese knife artisan who has been making knives since he was 15 as your personal knife making slave

>spend $1000 on a knife
>still can't cook
Neat blog, OP

needs more saturation

My parents have a set of these and they're fantastic. Idk anything about knives but they hold their edge for years and are razor sharp

>guaranteed response troll

Here's your first (You).

MOAR

代购

are zwilling knifes a meme?

Knives with similar performance can be had for less, but Kramer knives are beautiful to look at.

I made this one for kitchen stuffs
>>disregard the top one its for my schizo brother

>he needs to cook things
I just eat everything raw.

>he needs to eat things
I just subsist on the ambient energy of the universe.

>Arming your schizo brother
Rip user

He hates other people more than me. I am safe, for now

>not an Australian

About tree fiddy

I like them too
Only the serrated knives though, really nice to cut without having to put any force down
All their other shit though is pretty lacking

is this the Veeky Forums equivalent of being a gear queer, where you buy the most expensive stuff for a hobby to appear that you are an expert but you actually suck ass at your hobby?

i'm comfortable saying i would rather an actual chef with a wal mart knife make my food instead of a Veeky Forums poser.

30bux, I'm sure it will do fine tonight.

I'm preparing sushi for a hot Taiwanese girl.

>his knife cost more than $1000

clapping_autists.tiff

get on my level

A-are you fucking retarded?

>gear queers

Yeah, it's like 90% of /k/ that buy a super duper special popgun and are afraid to use it because they're too stupid to figure out how to break it down and clean it.

>Trying to make a regional dish from a foreign qts home region to impress her

OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING

lol your money is literally called "quid"

As an amerilard who reads a lot of british Veeky Forums that's not a trivial issue. The terms "crown" and "quid" seem like they should be the same, but it also seems like they are different monetary units. I'd like to here a britbongian explanation.

Merilard here, ask me how I know you are reading almost exclusively if not exclusively brit lit published prior to 1914

A friend of mine is a head chef at a fine dining restaurant and he bought a knife for $600. I couldn't fucking believe what the fuck he was telling me.

>doing woman work to impress a woman
I sure hope you are joking

>$400 on headphones

I'm really into music but whoever spends $400 on headphones is a fucking cunt.