My dad gets some "free range eggs"

>my dad gets some "free range eggs"
>literally some guy with chickens in his garden, eggs are covered in shit and feathers
>apparently they are much nicer than normal eggs, huge yolk inside and great flavour
>I poach one in boiling water since its healthier than frying it according to mom
>in the water for 1 minute
>tastes like nothing special

>next day, salmonella
>every hour I have explosive shits that smell worse than a dead body and cant leave the house

Dont fall for the organic meme

Did you eat the shell too?

Some shell might have gotten in

You're supposed to wipe the shit off with a dry towel. (Don't use water it will make the shell more permeable) there's also no way the egg gave you salmonella if you cooked it in boiling water. That's hotter than pasteurization temps. What you ate most recently is almost never the culprit if food poisoning.

You cant poach an egg in fully boiling water because the turbulence will instantly turn it into a total mess of egg water

>eggs are covered in shit and feathers

This is completely avoided with proper nest boxes and deep litter. This is your fault, OP.

It's not the egg, it's the cook.

>attempting to Monsano-style factory farm shill on Veeky Forums. Are you fucking new here?

You don't have salmonella, you fucking tardfart. Diarrhea isn't even close to salmonella. Your stupidity is amazing.

You're still at or above pasteurization temps. I probably would've pan cooked it myself since I don't know how old the eggs are from an unregulated stand. Never listen to mother's, they have the most inane reasons.

My sister raise few chickens too and i eat a lot of "organic" eggs, i never got any disease.

I never will again, good point about not being cooled. I think they are just used to whatever made me sick.

I've had more food poisionings than you have had hot dinners m8, I should be immune to it by now. Its possible to get mild cases and bad cases, first time I got it I turned blue, was shivering and sweating and puking and vomiting all at the same time. This is a mild case but I cant go out in public in case I shit muh britches

You're so full of shit, you're leaking brown tears. You don't have food poisoning, dumbass.

I've eaten street food in Pakistan I know what food poisioning is

>tardfart
kek. learned something new today.

To be clear:

such eggs should be stored at room temperature and cleaned with a dry cloth or paper towel if dirty. If you MUST use water, make sure to use room-temperature water, not cold water and dry it fully ASAP. Such eggs can be stored at room temperature safely for up to 30 days, but are best if eaten within 7 days (the sooner the better)

When poaching an egg add a dash of vinegar to the water to help keep the egg from disintegrating, also, use a ramekin or small bowl to transfer the egg into the water (white first please) rather than dropping it directly into the water. Stir the water in such a manner to create a gentle whirlpool-type current before adding the egg; this encourages the white to wrap itself around the yolk while cooking.

>my dad gets some "free range eggs"
>literally some guy with chickens in his garden
How is it OP's fault when they're not his chickens?

Never heard of adding a capful of white vinegar to the water, eh?

I've definitely heard you should do it. And I do. But no idea whether it really helps or not. Also to the other user I will try that swirling the water trick next time. Sounds like it should work a treat

Always glad to help a coo/ck/ out.

Because he badly cooked them and ate them

What a stupid question

That's a meme

>People this stupid can live
Really activated my almonds

>wipe the shit off with a dry towel

off the egg or off his ass?

>meme=falsehood
Retard.

Acids will denature proteins, and adding vinegar raises boiling point, so it'll cook after faster. Not a meme chemlet.

dude acids lmao

kek

If you've had food poisoning that often, you should look at your personal hygiene, your tools, and potential for cross-contamination. It sounds like the problem is with you, not the food.

>"""""Free range eggs"""""
>They get to move around the range freely
What is wrong with you?

Wash your fucking egg before you use it.
Chickens are filthy little gits who like to fuck around in open spaces and hide in the shade when things get hot, leaving trails of destruction and shit in their wake.
Odds are, if they lay close to where they roost, you get some pretty nasty looking eggs. Wash and dry them before use, as chickens have a natural protective coating on the shell called the egg bloom that acts as a natural antibacterial coating. This removes the requirement of refridgeration and keeps your eggs fresh for up to two weeks.

TL;DR
Chickens have natural ways to keep eggs fresh, don't wash your natural eggs until you use them.

t. Unfotunate soul that owns chickens.

senpai, you either did a bad job prepping the egg or you let it sit out too long

This. Jesus dude, if you're getting food poisoning that often you're doing something very wrong.

What's the least dangerous type of food poisoning and how should I reliably catch it?

My mother breeds chickens as a hobby, in my experience backyard eggs are better then shit tier battery eggs but not really obviously better then more expensive eggs you can buy (although back in the 90s before anyone gave a shit about chickens they were probably bounds better).

So far as getting sick from an egg, seems unlikely but you the guy who collected the egg should have wiped the shit off before he gave them to your dad, they really should be cleaned soon after collection.

>I've had more food poisionings than you have had hot dinners m8

Something tells me the eggs are not at fault here.

This is bullshit with a grain of truth. Your broscience is shit, dude.

thats something scary man. have you ever been to a decent doctor?

>Dont fall for the organic meme
No, this is part of the true difference between (real) organic and regular foods. The animals and plants aren't stuffed with anti-biotics and toxins, just so you can keep eating your food practically raw. So yeah, you may get sick if you don't cook it well enough, but your children won't grow extra limbs, or die because of anti-biotics resistant bacteria.

>next day, salmonella
>every hour I have explosive shits that smell worse than a dead body and cant leave the house

>salmonella
>bullshit that never happened

faggot

sure you're retarded but you're right about the flavor, I made omelettes with some $9 for a dozen eggs once. Pretty much tasted the same as the $1.19 for a dozen eggs and the color was the same between the two as well

I eat eggs from my own hens and it's all good
so does my family
tell the "some guy" to buy some fucking litter

>I've had more food poisionings than you have had hot dinners m8
I'm 43 and I don't think I have ever had genuine food poisoning in my whole life. And I am not a hygiene freak by any means. Maybe it's you who is the problem

>he thinks free range = organic
Retard.

user, if you had REAL food poisoning you would think you were dying and you'd be down for 24 hours as your body tries to evacuate every spec of everything you've consumed in the past 36 hours

I'm not saying the eggs didn't make you sick, but it wasn't food poisoning

Salmonella can be found in the gut of chickens and is present in the faeces which pass through the same hole as the eggs. Naturally this means that the salmonella can be present on the egg shell. You need to clean this

Your post is almost as hilarious as the one guy eating a Armadillo and getting rabies or some shit. You brought this on yourself.

Still though, i've been eating eggs from our own chicken for years, never had a single problem, he probably gives the chicken puddle water or something.

Grew up on a farm, never once had this happen. Maybe you are just a pansy?

OP thinks every time he has the shits after eating, it's food poisoning. And he's probably not wrong, but what's poisoning him is the retarded shit he eats like Cheetos and little Debbie cakes, not salmonella.

Would you buy magic beans if some carny told you they were "healthy" and "organic?"