>What you should have picked freshman year
Biology
History

The only direction my life is headed is suicide

Other urls found in this thread:

vixra.org/abs/1703.0073
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Haha just another great thread on Veeky Forums - University & Homework

I mean yeah. Most of the serious kids I know and the real people who are actually doing shit in the field of mathematics and science tried browsing here but eventually just fell off because it was all inane bullshit

then I immediately felt guilty when they say that to me because I am the inane bullshit

>He fell for the CS meme

Pick up some genetics and do bioinformatics or some shit

You can always go get another major.

You don't understand. I am inept at CS. I am an idiot. I am stupid. Everything you expect a CS major to know (even if its very little)? I know none of that.

I just cheated and realized too late i cheated myself

yeah with all that money right

>"I am stupid"
>"Everything you expect a CS major to know? I know none of that."

The only difference between you and every other CS grad is that you're self-aware. Go get a codemonkey job like the rest of them and learn something better on your freetime

i dont know how to code

Bail out dude, change your major. Talk to an advisor, explain that you just don't enjoy CS, the credits can be applied towards general credit requirements for some other degree.

and do what?

Be locked into way more time becuase I'm doing a fucking History degree or a Biology bullshit?

I doubt comp sci major is strapped for cash.

Funny, i did biology and wish i did cs or physics.

Bioinorganic chem
Wish I did some compyurors.

Then get to study, grab the sci guide for comp sci and start to read, one year of studying like crazy can make you decent at something, you can do this.

Assuming you aren't exaggerating, take time off, reevaluate your life, maybe try and pick up the degree again when you have your act together. Better to drop out, go do something like military, study cs in whatever spare time you find, then go back to school than cheating your way to a degree you won't be able to use.

Otherwise go be a codemonkey, make money, live frugally and use that money to pay off your schooling and invest it towards future schooling for something else you want to study.

>chem eng
>wish i had taken more time off before i went to school and figured out what i wanted to do with my life.
>maybe would have gone comp sci.

you would have been just as fucked with physics. Any hard science requires you to have a grad degree and even then, jobs are severally outnumbers by the number of hopefuls. Biology is just more so since you have all the kids that went bio degree in hopes of med school but didn't make it in.

>major
Mathematics
>What yu should have picked freshman year
Wish I started Mathematics earlier.

My life is hopefully going to that 300k starting.
Have been waiting on the good times for quite a while now.

You forgot the Facebook brainteasers and /pol/itically-charged popsci news.

>be a code monkey

I can't program and hate it

The only thing I enjoyed in my degree was the abstract math with no practical purposes . But it was still hard as fuck and I suck ass too much at all other math like calculus to be a math major

It 100% is when you're me

Shit you are on different level m8. :D
CS majors dont code. They post their problems on stack overflow.
God, did you not attend the classes?

Brainlets

major: physics
should have picked: physics

I have chosen wisely. Check out my argument against the Riemann hypothesis.

On The Riemann Zeta Function
vixra.org/abs/1703.0073

>300k starting

better learn to code

Heavy

>Major
Philosophy
Only if I could know everything that I know now, I would have done Biology for Biotechnology

b8

Side

>Major
Computer Science+Math
Computer Science+Math
(Started out econ cause I wanted to work in finance, then realized I was not at a target school and was not a good networker)

Do you know de way?

>Major
Maths
>blehlehlebelblehl
CS because brainlet

most of the people here are in school.
what the fuck did you expect?

Science

>Major
Chemical Engineering

>Wish I could have takem
Software engineering

Looks like there's more jobs for Softies. Not to mention home automation sounds cool as fuck. I can't just go home and start making chemicals, but as a softie I could write code all day.

Science Rules

Major:
Environmental Science
Should:
Computer Science
Life Science (essentially pre-med)

Major
>Geology and Geophysics (Geochemistry)
What I should've majored in
>Geology and Geophysics (Geochemistry)

My life is fucking awesome, and I love what I do.

>job

Chose physics and math.

Should have done CS and math.

I'm at a point where worrying about topological phases seems so pointless. Unless you're Xiao Gang Wen, you might as well do something more productive.

>Major
Pure math
Statistics + Computer Science

>Major
Physics
>What I should've majored in
Dubs decides

I'll put it this way: I go to a pure engineering school where we don't even have biology.

Help me decide whether I should spend my life looking at particles and trying to see if they do wave shit.

Biology

>Major
CS+Math double
>wish
Math then CS in grad school.

CS undergrad is pointless when you know how to code already and have a decent portfolio. CS departments love to give you a lot of boring projects that eat your time.

Doing computer engineering dual bachelor's/master's 5 year program and I'm happy with it.

>Major
Undecided but relied towards CS
>what I should've picked
CS

Its confusing so heres the story.

>be me, freshman year, taking calc and basic CS (JAVA). Have to get at least B for both to get into CS since I was undeclared.
>Do good in HW and Projects but fuck up on the midterms all the time. Have a tendency of blanking out on exams despite knowing what to do in them.
>didn't get accepted into CS first semester so decide to try next semester.
>keep repeating until end of 2nd year.
> Realize I keep getting a few A's and B's but my GPA won't move much since I got mostly C's in the beginning.
>got a letter from the director of the CS department saying I won't get in so I should focus on something else other than CS. He isn't supported to send me a letter but after seeing my application a few times over the years, I think he decided to personally tell me.

Particles and wave shit sounds more fun than bio

Trust me, doing actual bio work in a lab gets tedious very fast (even if the degree itself is interesting). I'm looking for a way out, might do a master's in bioinformatics to at least escape the lab and work on a computer.

I studies geology and now I work for an explosives consulting firm!

Civil engineering

shieet im in a similiar situation, had some cs undergrad level profile in high school (teacher was awesome when I look back at it), my stupid fuckface fell for the party meme and decided to cheat from some point. Went to a transportation degree (fake engineer on a econ school), almost finished. It's easy as shit, you have to learn week before, even 2 days before exam to pass. Have plans going on a cs for masters, already hammering maths and if i could imagine how much would I learn by now (i find this stuff intresting nowadays), i regret my life choices. Similiary, i do not see myself in an office environment, keeping up with the societal bonding necessary for a successfull business performance.
Curious when was your point of switching? I fear I might be too late for the cake but on the other hand I never wanted to let go of the degree I have chosen first since it never was demanding, just wish I had an aim and a drive like I have now earlier.

genetics and heritabillity research is intresting
>muh JF- phenotypic revolution and shieet

Major: Mechanical Engineering
What I should've Majored in: Physics
I'm not sure, maybe I chose the right major.

>Major
Computer Science

Computer Engineering

I'm a senior and have a good job waiting for me when I graduate but I wish I could do more embedded/firmware stuff but I don't have enough low level knowledge to do it at this point.

>mfw when at target school for economics

>mfw no soul and I love

Love it*

Sorry a little tipsy and on mobile

You mean

>Veeky Forums - Datamining & Shilling

>His face
Wait a minute

>Software Engineering
If I could go back I would double major EE + CS.

major is maths
i wish id done mechanical engineering.
I figured this out when i realised every module which was also a mechanical engineering module was one which i chose. If i have to do more complex analysis in an n dimensional plane im going to go supreme gentleman.

>Major
BS Biology, MS Biology
>What I should have done
BS Statistics/CS MS Biology
CS might be a meme here but I would have a lot more opportunity if I did it or stats instead. Dry lab biology work is possible without it but it is very much an uphill battle.

Your background in bio actually isn't bad if you want to do dry lab. Many labs hire bio grads that branched to dry lab so they have knowledge of both the math and the science. You could've done an MS in biostats or bioinformatics I guess, but you can still do that if you want.

>Major
Physics
>Shoulda
Physics

damn it feels good being gangsta

>major
Mechanical engineering
Mechanical engineering masterace, no regrets LOL @ comp sci cucks.

I get to work on rockets for a living.

Double degree
>BSc Pure Math
>BSc Comp Sci w/concentration in theoretical comp sci

I like my degrees but I also would've liked to do something in visual arts (physical and digital), more applied computer stuff (eg. software engineering or electrical engineering degree), and more analytic philosphy, and something in design. Even on my own time there just isn't enough time in the day to study all the shit I want to study.

>CS undergrad is pointless when you know how to code already and have a decent portfolio. CS departments love to give you a lot of boring projects that eat your time.

I avoided that problem by taking a bunch of grad level CS courses (projects are still huge though) but that created another problem where doing a masters in CS would be hard for me since there aren't many things left for me to take.

>Major
Computer Science
Math (there's cute girls in Math)

that u would never talk to

>double major EE + CS
you mean just major in EE

I don't know what crazy EE program you have, but here it's just circuits and electricity and all that shit. CS adds in algorithms, compilers, AI, robotics, security, databases, networks, etc...

>Major
Nursing
>Other thing
Biology/premed double major thing.
I wouldve gone with this but im planning in the event that i dont land in medschool and having a useful degree makes more sense than those two. But i wanted to learn more about biology in depth. I assume im still learning biology in depth in medschool anyways but whatever.

>Major
Computer Science
>Other Things
Criminal Justice, Forensics, Biology I don't know

I want to do work with forensics but it seems everything requires a criminal justice degree.

It doesn't seem possible to break in at all with the degree I have

>math
>math

>comp sci
>music, art, possibly linguistics?
i think im pretty good at what i am doing today, but i really wanted to know music and music structure or maybe similar in art, maybe i'll learn later when i'll be working

>Major
Philosophy
>Should have
>Economics

why not go into computational linguistics?

>comp sci cucks
>implying you won't just largely be giving the programmers the constraints you found by straining the fuselage in babbylab while they actually define the rockets behavior during flight through guidance systems/avionics software
Kinda why I wish I just dropped ME in the before I started. I was big on robotics. But then I realized I'd just end up doing IK while the CSfags actually programmed it, even doing cool shit like "AI" directed agents.

We have alot of Programming in EE here, are you from a Third world country?

there's some programming in EE, but you don't cover operating systems, networking, languages, compilers or AI at the same level (if at all) that CS does

don't forget "H0w Do I M1nE BItC01Nz \ScI\???

Only some low level programming. EE doesnt cover compilers, database systems, networking, CS theory, security concepts, etc... I guess if you think knowing some C and low level architecture counts as enough CS for you then EE by itself is fine

>Major
Accounting
I kind of wish I took the dive and went for Mathematics. But I got scared I'm too much of a brainlet for it and pussied out

What's wrong with philosophy? No jobs? Philosophy is great man, you just need to learn to really love it and then get an PhD to work in academia or something.