Al/ck - Alcoholism General

Cosy cold weather edition.

>Cosy cold weather edition.

What's everyones favorite trashy cheap beer to get fucked on? I prefer the beast, because for less than $20 I can get a case, and with the 6.9 its just the best bang for my buck

I wish there was more to life.
It is hard coming to terms this is all for nothing.

I thought drinking wine would help
It didn't help, I feel just as terrible as always
Why the fuck should I even poison myself if my mood doesn't change?

Is there any scientific reason for the intense urge to lay on the floor when drunk?

Molson best cheapo beer on the market by a fair margine

It's the place you're least likely to fall down from.

ypu need to drink more

>drank wine at a birthday party all day
>get home
>tired as fuck
>drink a beer
>"just one more and I'm going to bed"
on my 7th beer now and feeling good WHOOOOO

I'm drinking right as I write this post
How much more wine do I need till I stop hating myself and actually enjoy living

Pic related. $1.20-$1.50 each can at nearby packies. However, I tend to mix it up with some Four Lokos as well, as I get bored of the taste of beer.

Holy shit that makes a lot of sense. Im on the floor now and it feels absolutely incredible.

Happy Birthday user.

I don't do this anymore (not even while drunk) after developing germaphobia. Sucks because I used to find it very relaxing.

I found a couple beetles on the floor the other day but luckily im past the threahold of drunkeness to care

It wasn't my birthday user, but thanks anyway.

now you're getting it

No amount of alcohol will make you enjoy living.
Enough will make you drunk enough to momentarily not give a fuck about life and stop hating it. And black out, so you only have to remember half of your miserable life.
But then you wake up, and it's the same shit again.

You might as well get sober long enough for anhedonia to fade off, and get your life in shape enough to be somewhat enjoyable in the meantime.

I'm sorry, I misread your post
But you have good taste in documentaries, I love drinking to oblivion. Ironically I got into drinking AFTER seeing it
I won't lie, my mood is actually getting better somehow
dunno if it's the alcohol or Veeky Forums
but I love all of you anyways

>Enough will make you drunk enough to momentarily not give a fuck about life and stop hating it. And black out, so you only have to remember half of your miserable life.
>But then you wake up, and it's the same shit again.
Stop...

Yea im not sure what that guy is talking about im drunk and life is great. Just a litle worried about throwing up

>Just a litle worried about throwing up
From my experience, as long as you are still able to think somewhat, you're good to go
Just be careful not to go over that edge

posted this in the old thread and didn't realise there was a new one.

good on the dudes who have been staying sober and going to rehab. Make it out of this dark pit!

I'm drinking about six-eight 6.5% beers a night, which is a pretty stark contrast to what I used to drink when I used to buy whiskey and gin. Trying not to day drink any more as well, I'm sick of being too drunk to talk to my friends and always waking up trying to remember what happened the night prior after passing out at 7:30pm and waking up at 3am wide awake.

anyone have any tips for controlling/seriously cutting down on alcohol intake that aren't:
>uuhh duuuhh get willpower and self control retard.

Make a schedule for yourself and a hard limit on how much you get to drink in that time, then slowly scale it down.

Instead of 6-8 make it strictly 6, splitting it up over the course of the night. Then every week drop that number down until you're at one beer a night

I'm developing some pretty bad sleeping and eating habits these days. I only eat about half a meal a day and some times i even skip that. I'm beginning to look seriously desheveled, I have no strength or energy, and I'm tired all the time.

anyone else feeling a physical/mental toll from drinking all the time? I want to stop because I can feel the damage happening and its becoming problematic but once I get some beers into me I just feel much better than if i were to not have beers. It's much easier to drink and forget than it is to face your challenges.

yeah shit as soon as I get drunk I just say fuck it.

the only time I ever successfully quit was when I was stone broke for a month

be careful

when I stopped eating as much thats when things got really bad for me

DT's, seizures, intense anxiety, and eventually poly-neuropathy (nerve damage due to lack of nutrition and only drinking)

I had to relearn how to walk in a hospital, then use a walker and wear expensive leg braces. Just now a bit over 7 sober hobbling months later I am able to stand on my tip toes/jump an inch off the ground.

It happened to me when I was 23, had been drinking daily for 3 years at that point.

oh man that doesn't sound good.

I assume you made a full recovery?

also how much were you drinking at the time? I started drinking pretty steadily when I was 18, with the severity fluctuating. 21 now, only started getting bad eating/sleeping habits the last 1-2 month/s. Sticking to ~6-8 beer a night with about 1 meal a day, sometimes two, sometimes none.

Just bought a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 for some reason. I've learned that I can't enjoy whisky unless it has bitters in it, otherwise it just tastes like nothing.

>yeah shit as soon as I get drunk I just say fuck it.
Well, it's sobriety for you then.

It sucks, AA people make it sound even lamer, but being unable to moderate is pretty much a core concept of alcoholism.
If you can't moderate when drunk, don't get drunk in the first place. And if you can't when you had only one, don't drink at all.

>Time for mocktails

This put perspective to my pancreatitis.
You've been going down the slippery slope for quite some time now, you know it only goes down, and you're on the edge of a very steep bottomless pit.
You're at the turning point of some real nasty shit if you stop eating and caring about sleep pattern.
I've been there, it's Hell. Not as an hyperbole.

Never been to a bar and I am autistic. Got a couple questions if someone can answer.

How much does the cheapest beer cost generally? Could I get decently wasted off 13 dollars and change? It's a bit of a dive bar. It takes me roughly 8 beers to get drunk.

Also, would it be weird if I just didn't talk to anyone? There's a band playing and I just want to sit down, have a bunch of beer, watch them and go home drunkish.

>How much does the cheapest beer cost generally?
That really depends on where you live
>Also, would it be weird if I just didn't talk to anyone?
That depends on the bar, and on you. Usually it doesn't matter so much, although my neighborhood bar insist on trying to be some kind of insufferable social club, so I drink alone at home. If the place has decent turnover (i.e. it's not the same 20 people every god damm night), it won't matter. You'll probably get a sense of it by observing (without staring) within the first half hour

a lot, I am just now pretty much fully recovered (liver levels fine, no hep C, can walk pretty normally)

I was drinking a handle (1.75L) every 2-3 days. Started off two a week and gradually went up to 3 a week.

Beer wont be able to fuck you up that bad but it sure does stay on your breath if you are a functioning alcoholic. Most real deal boozers drink just vodka.

I think you are fine for now but be very careful as you tread forward. Red flags are drinking in the morning to prevent hangovers, having a hard time stomaching food, constantly throwing up, and having intense anxiety when you haven't drank.

Small shitty-ish bar in a medium sized town full of mexicans and white people. I just need to know if 13 dollars will most likely get me drunk otherwise I'm getting the 8.99 vodka at the liquor store.

good to hear you recovered my man.

>here

thanks for the advice and the wake up call. I have been thinking about AA these days but I don't want to have to resort to it. Just going to have to make an effort to learn moderation.

on my first beer of the night so we will see how it goes.

That's completely useless info, but chances are $13 is not enough

if you are a real alcoholic that isn't even a question

Well, he said it depends on the type of bar.

Not an alcoholic. Like I said 8 beers will get me there. I figure 2 bucks a beer I could get 6-7 but idk if that price is accurate.

"He" is me. You basically described every town in North America. In other words, useless info.

bars are for company and you basically consent to getting robbed in drink prices for the privilege of hanging around. liquor store booze is for drinking.

>bottle of wine is empty
>instantly start shaking my legs

>he can still get trashed on beer
fml, senpai

In 2hrs I will leave work. I work in a bottle shop. I have to get up early for work tomorrow so I'm only 500mL deep right now. I know the tremors and sweats are gonna hit hard in the middle of the night, but I don't want to bring home a bottle, because I know I'll just drink it rather than save it to stave off withdrawals in the night.

What color is the flag if you shit bloody mucus several times a week?

Gonna drown my sorrows with a bottle of jack

Canacuck faggot, but I like Molson when I visit Montreal

drinkin some kalimotxo

Been drinking a bit less lately. Mostly due to lack of funds. Been actually budgeting and making sure my bills are paid first as of this new job I got. Had a little less than a fourth of bourbon left for the weekend, figured I'd get another to keep stocked. Ended up on the way home with the choice to either go right to the liquor store, or left to home. Decide to go home and stop at the nearby gas station to get something to mix with the bourbon to make it last longer. Nothing good, nothing on sale, figured what the hell, and just got a six pack to coax the buzz over the course of the remaining weekend. Still have some vodka for bloody mary's in the morning.

Thuh fug is a "fourth" of bourbon, bruv?

Sorry, a fourth remainder of fluid in the bottle. As in one-fourth's contents of what was originally inside of it.

>When you wake and the water bottle is empty.

a quart innit

yeah thats fine too

Haven't had a drop in a week.

Feeling pretty good desu, although sometimes it feels strange and empty to have nothing to do other than the activity I'm doing. Usually it's have a drink and shitpost, have a drink and watch a movie, have a drink and talk to someone, have a drink and shower.

Feels sort of naked without the drink there.

What size bottle is 1/4 full? Litre? Pint? Joy-jug? I don't actually care, but I'm being pedantic asshole.

What's everyone's favorite buzzball™

Lotta Colada

This.

two weeks sober ... I had a seizure at work and blacked out and fell into the wall . My head was bleeding and I was convulsing. Spent 3 days in a hospital ... terrible stuff . This is after 3 years of drinking. I can feel old feels of before I started drinking slowly coming back. I feel tempted at times, but choose to try to not drink for now ...

That feel when it's been a long weekend and I have work tomorrow.
It's gonna be rough.

Litre

Drinking Corona, eating Sheetz wings, and watching some choice south park reruns.

These are the feels of a midwestern pedestrian. FLYOVERS UNITE.

Ah, so you've got about 250mL to work with. Godspeed, friend. I was dumb and scaled up, grabbing another pint to take home with me.

More like had, but appreciated.

I had some internet friends that worked at Sheetz
Are you a Pennfag? Or were they Indianananas?

Faggot™ Flavor.
Seriously, how the fuck can you consume that much sugar?

Pittsburghfag attending ohio college. I downgraded substantially, and Pennsylvania is pretty garbage all things considered. Pittsburgh is the one bright light in the darkness.

tfw live in Australia, winter was hot, now we're heading into mega hot, the only way to cool down and relax is beer or random vodka cocktails that are ice cold, both of which really break the bank in this country.

Welcome to the trenches of the disenfranchised and cynical. We have no shirts, badges,or mottos, and no earnest love left in our hearts. However, we're happy to lick our wounds and ongoing self-destruction while marveling at the world outside our existence.

Canadian here.
I know your pain.

Even the "heat", granted I "force" myself to get drunk on the days it passes 30, but I figure that must be cool to you guys

getchu some ice cold Coopers or Boag, strayabro.

there's something freeing in living life in a constant downward spiral. no expectations, no pressure, just kick back and relax and enjoy the free fall.

That's true
It's ok so long as you can sustain yourself
But once you have to rely on friends and family, then you feel the utter and inescapable shame and self-loathing that only has one end

As someone entirely self-sufficient, I want to share this: That crushing anxiety and sense of shame as you start to sober up doesn't give a fuck about how well you've done at life. That acute withdrawal ravages the minds of everyone equally.

Oh I know
Shame and anxiety is a normal part of hangovers.
I ignore all that feeling. The first day.
That's why I always wait a few days between binge sessions.
That way when I feel like I hate myself, it's not just the acetaldehyde being metabolized in my brain. It's pure and genuine and authentic self-loathing caused by objective introspection and analysis of my current situation and future prospects.

I drink to escape. And let me tell you. I've got a lot more to escape from than hangover induced anxiety.

Sobering up is foolish, just "cut back."

detox in a hospital my man

It isn't that bad, they give you lots of meds and when you sober up you feel better than you have in a while. Do AA if you ever have the "god please help me" thought while drunk and crying or are going through WDs.

>That's why I always wait a few days between binge sessions.

Have you ever heard of the term "kindling,"?

I figured that from an early point in my life. My grandparents are both very intelligent, successful people but they drink heavy all the time, and are never bound to quit. I just picked up enough from them to know you might as well get your affairs in order before you go lapsing off the wagon. Honestly, i'm pretty responsible as far as all things go: I just don't see the point in striving for much more than a pleasing inebriation.

Yeah
But I don't wait so long as I forget how much I can take

Also, I always limit myself to having rum and cokes dependent on a 2L of coke.
That's it no more
It's an easy limiter on my drinking

Because one day you'll end up 30 years old and realize that you've done fuck all and that now you're a too old candidate in any applicant pool and will now therefore never amount to anything.

Your grandparents are right. Drink too much once you're ok with living the life you have forever.

I've been through inpatient back when meth and tar/#3 were my jam. Moved on to hydromorphone and fent with a light side of stimshit. Eventually I fell into the drink and never managed to crawl out of the bottle. I unironically miss being a tweaker. Having a habit way outside of social norms is very different from being a functional alchi selling it to others.

That's very true advice . But i'm an arrogant fag, so i'll most truthfully stick to it, hedge my bets, and try to keep this party wagon going best I can while maintaining a rewarding life and career.

My friends and I like, on occasion, what we call Browning High-Powder.

Amphetamine, Benzodiazepine, Percocet, blow, muscle relaxant, maybe a dash of "X". Grind it all up, put it in lines, and that's all she wrote.

The description I'd put on it is, "I'm high, but I can't quite identify exactly on what." Of course this is while smoking, toking, and drinking heavily as well.

>Your grandparents are right. Drink too much once you're ok with living the life you have forever.

Thank you for this piece of advice, because it rings very true. Not that I'm going to alter my behavior, at least not right now, but it's a good gem.

Don't do it man
I wasn't even a drunk when I fucked up
I was just another one of those small town kids who graduated valedictorian and thought that meant something.
A few crises later you'll be here.

It may be too late for me, but it doesn't have to be for you. I'll only started drinking when I was 26.

Doc said I have mild fatty liver but I lost 50 lbs since he said that, I assume its cool to have a bottle of wine or 2

Good job losing weight, mate
You'll probably get a fucked up a lot faster though

Until you stop posting anime across the boards. Which will never happen because you are a faggot. Let's be real for a second here.

thanks, another 100lbs to go through. went from 356 to 305 in a few months walking 2 miles every day and watching what I eat. I do get drunk way faster tho

Whats the cheapest booze in your area?

$2.39 ($1.79 usd) for a 500ml can

Hey dollar efficient, right?

I've also been trying to get fit. From the other direction though.
Even though it's not a weight related thing, lifting weights makes you feel real good

That's an accurate cost for a half liter of beer here

But the cheapest is a 30$ 1.14L bottle of rum (cheapest) and a dollar 2L of coke

>General

im about to start lifting again, even though im eating 1500~ calories a day im starting to plateau. I figure lifting will help. Good luck though, at least you dont have to be a fat fuck while you struggle.

if I wasnt 21 and having shit going for me id probably kill myself, being this fat is disgusting. Losing weight was the best thing I ever did. Cant wait until i'm 200 and fit. I've even had good female relations before despite my weight being over 220 in high school. So there is still hope for guys who are a bit fat.

Idk, im drunk and last time I was this drunk I drank the majority of a bottle of makers.

Hey the other side of the coin has its problems too
I don't eat enough to really gain muscle. I've been lifting for a while and my gains have been slow
Fat is like scaffolding on a building. It helps build things up