As a reminder we are starting the A rebours (Against the Grain/Against Nature/etc...

As a reminder we are starting the A rebours (Against the Grain/Against Nature/etc.) reading group today! The book is about a disaffected scion of a decayed French family who is tired of
>normies REEEEEEe
and retreats to a cottage to meditate on art, society, and life. It's essentially proto-Veeky Forums

It's a brief book (~200 pages in most editions) so we'll be wrapping it up by Sunday or so.

discord.gg/dtBkgFK

bump

I'd participate but I have exams next week. Hope the reading group succeeds though, they're a good trend for the board.

we've done a number of successful ones and this one is v short

But is it a good book?

come and find out, friend
:^)

Is this book praised on Veeky Forums because the zombie shilled it endlessly on Submission or people here already had an interest on Huysmans?

Iv read this before but im up for reading it again. Someone give me a definitive start time and also tell me how many pages per day. Please.

i read it earlier this year, it was excellent.

Starting today; 40 pages a day, finish by Sun/Mon.

I only knew it was in Submission like a few days ago. I knew about the book for a while as the Yellow Book in Dorian Gray.

I think I'll try actually. Might not finish though.

read Leon Bloy instead

this discord is not quite second-rate

It's its own thing. A must read for the non-normie erudite gentleman for sure.

You read Submission, didn't you?

oh you're that idiot who got banned for spamming /pol/ memes arent you

giving this a bump

im not supposed to feel good about this book but the lifestyle seems so comfy

this

Are you guys reading in French or English? It might take me a few days to get my hands on a French edition but I can probably scoop English up today.

almost everyone is doing the english

we have epubs of the two translations (the anonymous one and the penguin one) stickied in the discord as well.

none of these guys know what they're talking about
they just praise one member over and over

go to bed tao