New apartment what knife set should i buy

new apartment what knife set should i buy

Do people throw out their old knives when they move?

You don't?

Who put you on this earth? Yes, no one throws away knives when they move, just wrap them in a towel or plastic wrap and put them in a box.

Buy a Wusthof set, they'll last you a lifetime if you treat them well and keep them sharp

Literally just buy a single good chef knife and use it for everything. Well that and a hone

Some people are shockingly fucking lazy, and just leave things behind rather than exert the energy to move them. I have a few relatives who are constantly dirt-poor and have almost nothing because they just leave their furniture behind when they're evicted/move out.

Yeah but they're dull by the time I move
>implying I'm poor
Projecting liberal arts fag detected, I make $37k a year because I didn't waste 4 years studying genderfluid theory

Pick up a Dexter Russel and a chefs choice from a restaurant supply store.
Unless you plan on making this a hobby a decent sharpener and a 10$ piece of shit from Walmart will outperform anything else you buy in 4 months anyway.

>Dexter
Probably costs 3x as much so that hollywood jews can take their cut. Like that game of thrones beer

bunch of poorfags in this thread.

OP, start with a good 8" japanese or german chef knife from a professional knife/chef store. it will cost around 200-300, but you may able to find a set that comes with the 8" knife and a paring knife.

then go from there with what you think you want next, you can get away with using one chef knife for everything, but what's the fun in that. going to the chef store and picking out a new knife for my kitchen is one of my favorite things, and i work as a mechanic.

a quality steak knife set is a must too if you enjoy entertaining.

>good
>japanese

Just get a victorinox set of buy them individually as well as a steel. Very good knives for the price and the rosewood ones are really handsome

I so fucking hate how that spic handles dog.

If he touch my dog, I will chain him to the back of an automobile and drag him across the pavement.

>being this stupid

I worked with plenty of excellent chef's in my early 20's and they all had a top shelf japanese knife in their roll.

get out into the real world off your internet echo chambers kid, you might actually learn something.

You want me to take my parents knife set?

BK7 has treated me pretty good for woodsy chef's knife.

I'm not a liberal arts fag, I'm in the mechanical engineering field. I make a similar salary because I'm not a retard like most of my family.

>37k
Wew

37K isn't anything to brag about

People can actually live on $37k a year?

Lol, my parents make over $65k a year combined, get back to me when you've got real black label in the liquor cabinet and at least a 50 inch TV. It should be against the law to send your kids to school in anything less than American Eagle.

>anything less than American Eagle.
what would that be, newspaper and garbage bags?

Nouveau riche detected. Wealthy families like ours don't like to show off with ostentatious clothes. We've always been an American Eagle family. Not cheap, but not overpriced either. Just understated class.

You can go waste your money on Hollister or even A&F, but people like us won't think you're like us. We'll just assume you won the Powerball jackpot.

>understated
>outrageously expensive cotton with enormous logos printed everywhere
if you had class you'd be buying from a specialty shop for what you're doing or a boutique.