You tricked me into wasting my time with an old women's book. Thanks Veeky Forums

You tricked me into wasting my time with an old women's book. Thanks Veeky Forums.

Sorry, I'll recommend you something with more explosions and sexy aliens in next time.

What didnt you like about it. You didnt find him not being able to into american banter funny? I could see how one might find it a girly book. It is prtty much a love story. Its funny you said that because when girls I know ask me what book I recommend I always tell them his other book never let me go. Maybe im a bitch but both made me shed a few tears. Have you never been love?

>The Remains of the Day, by the author of The Remains of the Day
What the fuck?

It's a great book, but if you lack any sense of empathy whatsoever and have a block of ice in place of a heart, I suppose it would be pretty dull. Even then, though, the humor should come through.

>implying this book doesn't reflect the sadness of aging in a beautiful way

>le "lit is one person xD"
kys famalam

Oh, come on guys. Don't go for the "you didn't get it then" reasoning.
It's pretty nice but it's not a masterpiece.
Just because you find the presentation kind of simplistic it doesn't mean you can't sympathize with the characters or appreciate the meaning.

you're an edgy faggot raised by the internet

you'll grow out it when you're older than 20

Really, as far as Ishiguro goes, "Never Let Me Know" works better for teens and early-20-somethings, and "Remains of the Day" works better for adults who have actually been around for a while and had to take a few knocks and make a few compromises as part of life.

I don't think I said anything that was edgy. Can you specify what exactly bothered you?

Nobody's saying it's a masterpiece, just that OP wasn't tricked "into wasting [his] time with an old women's book. It's a good book, he's the one making threads about how bad it is.

You were supposed to read The Unconsoled

Agreed. But reacting emotionally to something like that is not a very appropriate response either.
I don't know what expectations OP went in with but if he was hoping for a great peace of world literature I can understand why he was disappointed. Maybe making a thread about it or at least phrasing it this way was not a very good idea but that is not a reason to blame him for being inferior and not being able to feel human emotions. It's just a little bit far-fetched. That sort of reasoning always bothered me.
It's normal for people to feel strongly attached to a work that particularly resonated with them but that shouldn't be confused for the actual complexity of the ideas presented within that work.

remains of the day is very much a great work of literature so idk what you're on about

It is a masterpiece, and the greatest work of unreliable narration since lolita. Sorry that you are to immature to get it user.

Well, maybe that is just my personal opinion but I find it to be fairly simple.

>beautiful way
All I felt was despair in a wasted life

And The Buried Giant for even more regret

man, spending time with old women isn't a waste

I mean, at the very least, I feel like I get a lot out of spending time with your mom

sexually speaking

OP here why is this thread still up lol.
I was just shitposting, I finished it last night and enjoyed it.

This is one of my favorite novels. It's a shame you didn't like it.

Why would you ever read anything written by a woman?

Stale b8 m8, I rate a mere 3/8