Best edition of the complete works of this fella?

best edition of the complete works of this fella?

oxford? norton? arden?

the one made by me sharting through a stencil onto your dads face

edition of one?

Arden paperbacks, don't bother with the complete editions, they're way too bulky to read comfortably

Why does Shakespeare look like a pirate?

I got Oxford but traded it for Harper Collins for the notes and analysis. I'd recommend the latter unless you want it raw.

Arden editions for each play are excellent.
In you want them all in just one uncomfortable tome, the Royal Shakespeare Company "Complete Works" is, in my opinion, quite good.

This. I have the Yale version and really regret it. It's big and awkward like muh dick.

I'd recommend getting the Riverside hardcover for the complete version, and for the plays that you really like or want to study in-depth, get the Arden paperbacks.

any ebook complete collection?

Arden paperbacks for individual works. Riverside for the complete works.

This is how Arden gags like to read Shakespeare. Get one with a few notes on archaic words and changed meaning and a good intro essay.
It's hard to get a good flow with all the footnotes in Arden.

Oxford unless you're a brainlet that can't do his own analysis

Read some of those footnotes and tell me they aren't useless/for literal retards.
Some are very good but most are just a waste of space.
Look at note 13 on the right hand page. It's explaining in plain English what was already said in plain English!

A Tawny Moore is a brown skinned native of a foreign land. Thanks Arden.

Pelican.

>It's hard to get a good flow with all the footnotes in Arden.

Only if you are an autist.

>Read some of those footnotes and tell me they aren't useless/for literal retards.
>a small sample of one edition discredits a whole series

BookCaps tbqdesu.

Also, the BBC adaptations from the 70s/80s.

See

You can usually find a relatively old complete works for pretty cheap. It's called The Annotated Shakespeare, and was published by Greenwich House. The footnotes explain archaic terms, and most works have brief introductory essays. The book is fairly unwieldy, as it's nearly 9 pounds and 2500 pages long.

Yeah I fell for the Arden meme when I bought a copy of Richard III.

For Hamlet, I read the Signet edition. I thought they got the balance right.

Norton is hands down the most well-balanced edition right now. Arden is unnecessary unless you're a die-hard Shakespeare scholar. Oxford is meh.

Complete works collections are a meme, buy individual volumes.

>tfw I'm actually a die-hard Shakespearean who aspires to be a scholar

Are Anglos retarded? Do you imbeciles need an instant explanation of everything? Why is it so hard to find the complete works of Shakespeare without moronic edits, footnotes, etc?

Because the money for editions of Shakespeare is in those suitable for study in universities, where the scholarly apparatus is desired. There's few general readers of Shakespeare, but you can sell millions if undergrad shakespeare classes will choose you.

>tfw reading 20 pages per minute

The editions on the bottom right are a good cheaper option with a good amount of footnotes.
The intro essay and the van Doren essay are enough commentary for a non-student. It's easy enough to find more if you are interested in a certain play.

Best secondary literature on Shakespeare?

Fuck me, I looked like such an autist walking into class to read Hamlet with this cumbersome behemoth of a book.

>not organized by roy g. biv
wtf are u doing user

My complete works never leaves my lectern. Individual copies for taking with me when I want to read somewhere that isn't my home.

>lectern
You're the real autist here desu

You've obviously never experienced the pleasure of reading from a lectern.

No Fear Shakespeare ;^)

Do they do a complete works?

Oxford is decent, but don't go for complete works meme. It's lacking proper annotations that you get from dedicated editions.

I really like the look of this one. But i'm worried its too sluggish.

You wouldn't want to read it anywhere but at home on your lectern

It's not like i'm going to try to read it on the bus.

It also costs less...

Norton comes with a digital edition that has additional features, but i havent checked it out as i dont have a working computer and dont really want to use my phone

>Pelican

Correct