/beer general/ - Recent Hauls Edition

Welcome to /beer general/!

This is the place on Veeky Forums to discuss and shitpost about beer.

I set up a Discord and a Telegram server like I said a few threads ago to see which would be more popular:

Discord: discord.gg/FHxk3Wc
Telegram: t.me/joinchat/AAAAAD_HkKOIv278HjW76Q
Also feel free to post pics of recent hauls in this thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

t.me/joinchat/GiVKqArvt_ffBLFUoIR2ig
efficientdrinker.com/beer/complete-calories-abv.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the best macro light beer?

I'm gonna vote Busch. Runner-up as Coors.

I had regular Coors the other day and it surprisingly wasn't actually horrible.

Guinness and Pabst 4 me

>guinness-beer-will-soon-be-vegan.jpg
How is it not already?

They have pretty damn decent water, so it's pretty alright. But the question was about lights.

Since that's pretty much all you can taste, I'm not surprised.

>How is it not already?
They use whale semen in the filtration process, not even memeing

Posted in another thread, but yeah. This shit is great. Any Minnesota boiz should pick this up while it's available

Isn't it?

Budweiser water is terrible, which is why it's a conundrum to me to why they are the number one brand across the country. I appreciate a good dunkel, trappist, IPA, stout, or porter, but at some point I realized that it's more important just to have a beer in my hand than what it actually contains. And light refreshes more, doesn't get you as drunk as fast, and helps you get back on your feet easier than full the day after. Such is the 'lism.

No they dont

I'm Australian, so my only exposure to US macro is when I go to a American eatery and there's one there and a friend orders for us, since it's usually the cheapest beer there.

They do sell it in bottle shops too, but the only people who actually bother buying it there are expats or brainless hipsters.

All beer tastes the same. Like shit. I don't know why you fags like to pretend otherwise.

coors is my go to cheap stuff.

but what really jogs my noggin is why coors light is $2 and banquet is $1.50

What does everyone think of pic related?

Give me your best Root beer beer you can give me. Not a heavy drinker but i do like to taste and try new things. Any recommendation, also Beer for beginners that good after a long day of work and doesn't get you buzzed or drunk would be nice.

user, there is no way you've ever had REAL beer if that's your complaint. There's no way you could think that the crisp dryness of a Saison is the same as the fruity sweetness of an auld bruin or the rich velvety bitterness of a cream stout. You sure as fuck can't mistake a frambois for Coors or Foster's for a faro.

Logo reminds me a little of Wild Beer.

Where are you from?

Just went to Green Flash recently. Great beer. I had some saison that tasted like cola champagne, and the lager version of Soul Style IPA, among other things. Too bad I can't actually buy those beers in a store. That was some good shit.

It's all right. It didn't stand out to me compared to other stouts I've had, honestly. But it's still great tasting, I just prefer really strong stouts

Enjoying this smoked porter from Sierra Nevada and Garage Project at the moment. Garage Project is probably my favourite NZ brewery.

Decent porter with vanilla and honey but can't taste much smokiness.

I don't know what possessed me to buy the whole Beer Camp 12 pack as I'm not much of a fan of Sierra Nevada and it wasn't very fresh. I guess I just liked the variety.

Assuming you like dark beers, have you tried their Narwhal Imperial Stout? It just hit my shelves, and it's delicious.

>Narwhal
cringed

Kys

What? Am I missing something

Sierra Nevada is pretty common over here but I've never seen Narwhal. I'll pick one up if I see one in future though,.

As for the name, I don't think Sierra Nevada is a 'nerd culture' brewery so I don't think they named it after some dumb meme.

the telegram is just a channel feed, make an actual group you faggot

Fuck me, I had no idea what the difference was. Don't I need at least one extra member to start a group?

I only set it up because someone requested it a few threads ago.

ITT - IPA general

love that oatmeal stout
standard barer of that style as I see it.

latest haul was mix a six of some end of summer beers and two tripels one americas with jalapenos by scuttlebutt the other from Belgium brew only during a full moon of each month was brewed during the march sowing moon and consumed during tuesdays corn moon by Paix Dieu cisercian abbey. taking off too lose some weight and get back in shape.

Just created an actual group for Telegram:

t.me/joinchat/GiVKqArvt_ffBLFUoIR2ig

>standard barer of that style
Exactly this. Same for their porter and nut brown.

Hey guys, how was my haul last night? Delirium Nocturnum was fucking amazing.

It looks pretty run of the mill. Good beers but nothing new or unique. 6.5/10

I asked because it was cheap the other day. It's ok, but I also prefer things like lagunitas imperial Stout.

Where abouts are you from? Belgium?

All of this stuff is pretty common but I haven't tried any of it. Haven't had a Trappist ale in general for years.

Also I've always liked the ceramic look of Delirium bottles.

True that they're common, but 4/6 of those beers are considered fucking great.

Same my nigga

You should try the raspberry sundae one. It's pretty good imo. Also I enjoyed the campout porter. I really like their fall sampler pack that they put out but I haven't seen it in stores lately.

If I like this what else would I like?

Other milk and oatmeal stouts

Being a lazy cunt rn so no pics. Currently fridged-
Most of a 6 of Oskar Blues Brewery IPA (decent fruity IPA)
Bomber of Dust Bowl Brewing Therapist (fucked-up strong IIPA I'm looking forward to destroying myself with tonight while filming some dumb improv comedy)

Also killed a tall boy of that New Belgium Dayblazer blonde last night but the can got lost on the walk home
Maybe I will be not a lazy cunt later when I'm drinking

San Diego California, sad SD Chargers are LA now :(

Unfortunately I only have suggestions for an Australian.

Look for craft stuff

Costco has paulaner Oktoberfest for about a dollar a bottle, if anyone cares.

All Sam Smith is good, I'm partial to the chocolate stout

I got a rare as fuck one for y'all. A Chardonnay barrel aged otra vez by Sierra Nevada. They made 20 barrels this year.

Left hand milk stout tends to be kind of a standard, and they have the nitro bottles for pouring. have you had it?

Good deal. Thanks for the info my family. I love that style.

I picked up pic related $12 for 30 cans.
It's pretty refreshing.

Here's the pour

Chico malls girls night out kekekek

Love wine barrel aged beers, how is it?

Also nice glasses lls

Got em for free, I'm a cheap bastard.
If you're familiar with otra vez it's that with a soft well rounded after taste, hint of oaky vanilla. Like a beer champagne kinda? If you're not familiar with otra vez it's a cactus fruit gose that is fairly sour but can have a slight hint of butyric acid (from the lactobacillus used in gose I assume) that is not present in this barrel aged type. Paired very well with my gfs homemade blackberry cobbler.

We've had Otra Vez in stock at work but I never got around to trying it. Sounds pretty nice though.

I got this earlier today. The rochefort is going with the others to sit and mature. That double dry hopped crowd control is out of fucking hand. So good.

Also I finally got around to trying the old Rasputin. It's as good as the hype.

Pretty refreshing when it's real cold. I like sour flavors in general tho so take that into account. It was my go to here this summer of hellish 100° plus weather for weeks on end because they're less than $12 a twelve pack and I drank them 4+ at a time.

Crowd control, out of fucking control.

Love the art on that barrel aged beer.

Ooooooh hazy. Me like hazy. I'm getting a juicy fruit forward vibe am I right?

Which one is better Doom or DKML? I really liked doom but havent tried dkml.

Me too! SPB has their stuff together. I think they could be a nationally renowned brewer. The MS fire ant is my favorite red ale of any that I've tried. This one is just a limited run that was aged in bourbon barrels.

It's got grapefruit and pineapple scent. Some of the piney hops you'd expect, but definitely cleaner and crisper.

I haven't tried either yet but I'll let you know if I do before this thread expires.

Nice. I'll look out for it

there's a founder's display in the place that i got my beer, and i want to try every single one of them. what do y'all recommend first?

I liked their lager a lot and their breakfast stout. Go with your favorite style because they are a quality brewery through and through.

that looks pretty sharp to me. i gotta get another westmalle tripel for the closet. looks solid. what'd you try yet?

that's what i hear. i'll do ale and work toward IPA. i'll save the stout for winter.

sorry, thanks. heh

I'm in love with this. It's stout, but it's refreshing. I'm glad we haven't had many 90 degree days lately. All the hype had actually not let me down for a change. Ck is my go-to beer people some times since ratebeer and beeradvocate has spit memes at me before.

No, but they do use some kind of fish in the filtration. Some other beers and wines do too.

It is a long shot, but if you ever get a chance to try Ivan the Terrible(russian imp stout) from Big Sky Brewing in Missoula Montana, your mind will get blown. imo its better than old rasputin. It is made by the same people who make Moose Drool, which is their most popular beer nationwide, but least popular beer by the locals. I don't get the hype.

Fish bladders. It's no big deal. There are few things cringeyer than a squimish male.

i'm saving one of these back with my rochefort and giving the other two to a friend. if it's as good as you say, and i tend not to disbelieve you, i'll have one by the time winter sets in the south. i'll find a vendor and pick it up some fucking where. thank you very much. i appreciate the referral.

Pretty great beer.

I would say the breakfast stout. Its easier to find than kbs and still very good. If you stumble across kbs get it, but the rarity and hype doesnt quite match the flavor. In december founders will release Canadian Breakfast Stout I ve never tried it but it is on the list, so if you come accross it get at least one just to try it.

drove out of state and picked this up last week, amazing new england style IPA

Keen to try their Sierra Nevada Beer Camp collab, but I've heard it's not that great and it's not exactly fresh by now.

Probably true. Sierra Nevada probably just dumped a bunch if cascade hops in while no one was looking.

Shit, we have Ivan the Terrible up here. I should try that.

Does that actually taste like a beer or does it only taste like orange juice?

Beer, but it's juicy.

The refreshing feeling you perceive is probably because of the lack of malt and the lack of mouthfeeling. I like it but it really is nowhere near as good as some of the other russian imperial stouts, but you cant really complain since its alot more affordable and accessible.

Going to buy this next week when I finish up what's in my fridge. I love a good imperial stout.

Just got a couple 4 packs of this stuff

Left Hand and Duck-Rabbit's milk stouts are pretty similar. Don't fall for Stone's though, it's a sadly mediocre entrant into the style

Such a solid example of its style, although not as superlative as the best of the russian imperial stouts. Tied with Ten Fidy for me and it's cheaper usually

My local place's variety of Southern Tier is sadly lacking, I want to try that so badly

I'll second the oatmeal stout. Also the porter and brown ale are quite good if you're fan of those styles. If you like more malty IPAs then the ReDANKulous is too good to pass up as well

reminder that north coast brewing sues people over bullshit copyright claims

They all do now, very sad.

define "they"

only faggots like brewdog and north coast sue over in business names. do everyone a favor and do not buy from them

I don't remember all of them but I read an article a little while back and the jist of it was was that pretty much every brewery that has crossed from the micro to craft segment are salty cunts to the Uber micros and pub producers and most of the dirty work is done by sending emails and cease and desists so you don't hear about most of em because the little guys just back down because they can't afford that mess.

I want to let you here in this thread know how much i appreciate you being civil and decent 75 or 80 percent of the time. I enjoy these threads very much because i enjoy beer. though i might not be able to afford to make a beer thread as often as i'd like, i do enjoy posting the ones i can afford month by month and having honest feedback and suggestions.
thank you beer Veeky Forums.

Some beer calorie stats
Using 160 cal. / fl.oz. and efficientdrinker.com/beer/complete-calories-abv.html

Average Calories in Beer 158.1299212598
Average Calories in Alcohol 100.5664251969
Average Calories in Non-Al 57.563496063
Total/Alcohol Ratio 0.5723927837

STOUTS
Average Calories in Beer 240.8
Average Calories in Alcohol 134.016
Average Calories in Non-Al 106.784
Total/Alcohol Ratio 0.796800382

LIGHT
Average Calories in Beer 107.35
Average Calories in Alcohol 78.3168
Average Calories in Non-Al 29.0332
Total/Alcohol Ratio 0.3707148402

IPA
Average Calories in Beer 159
Average Calories in Alcohol 101.1314190871
Average Calories in Non-Al 57.8685809129
Total/Alcohol Ratio 0.5722116968

Why do we care

Don't worry lad, I'll be making threads pretty often from now on anyway.

Just some factoids, init?

anything sam smiths is gonna be pretty good

OBB from a tap is to die for, wish i could get kegs sent to australia