What is THE bad taste in cooked meat and how do restaurants get rid of that?

What is THE bad taste in cooked meat and how do restaurants get rid of that?
Let me describe it in detail.
It's been a long time since I had this question. When I cook meat without special process, either if it's chicken, beef or pork, it often has the bad smell. And if that happens, it usually causes the meat to have the same taste as well. The meat I get is actually fresh and I'm 100% sure about that.
I searched a lot on the internet and some people described the taste/smell as "wet dog", "ammonia", "sour", "bloody", etc. I would also say that it's something stinky, fishy, and gamey.
Let's say, a very basic recipe, grilled chicken breast. I've seen lots of videos where people cook chicken breasts, some of them are recipes, some of them are vlogs. But most of them don't do anything to the chicken, they just season it with salt/pepper, grill it and done. I tried the exact same thing, and it always tasted horrible because of THE taste.
Don't get me wrong, I can actually cook. But what makes me really curious is that, why can't they, those people who made videos, recognize the taste?
Sometimes I feel like I'm fussy, but I just can taste it. And if I forced myself to eat those stuff, I would really throw everything up unavoidably. I actually got beaten up by my parents when I was very young because I didn't want to eat the meat they cooked.
That's off topic, but what I'm trying to say is that, I know some ways to remove the bad taste, like using alcohol, removing foams floating on the broth, stewing meat without the water getting broiled, etc. However those won't work on every recipe, and some restaurants (even including some cheap fast food chains) apparently don't do any of them when their food tastes ok. How do they do that?

Sounds like schizophrenia.

Wat?

this

Sounds like you're especially sensitive to a specific chemical or hormone or something in meat. Probably either sulphur (gamey/wet dog), amonia (fishy) or Iron (bloody).

Most fast food restaraunts use meat that is either heavily processed or chemically treated to ensure uniformity of taste and texture. Many REAL restarunts specially prepare their meat, also to ensure uniformity of taste and texture.

If you want stink-free/funk-free meats, try soaking them in buttermilk or raw milk overnight. This is an old hunter's trick to draw the "gamey" taste out of venison and the "fishy" taste out of duck/goose. It's not really suitable for fish, but you might try ensuring that all of the fat (the greyish-brown tissue between the filet and th skin) on the fish has been trimmed away, as the fatty tissue on fish has a lot of aromatic oils (omega 3).

I've heard if you masturbate excessively it deadens your taste-buds. Do you regulate your bate?

Salt.

This.
Meat in general tastes awful or flavorless on its own.

It seems you are kind of extreme super taster whose mom got poisoned by unfresh meat during pregnant.

Ony if it's lab raised. Each animal has led a different life, eaten differnt foods form different places and the chemicals have given them a different flavor. IF your meat is bland, then your'renot cooing it fully. Rare/raw meat IS bland because the complex flavors that make meat taste good come from the Maillard reaction. The more thouroughly the meat is cooked, the more flavor you get from it. If it tastes awful, you proabably arent; sesoning it properly or you're not actually getting good meat (either TOO fresh or too old and improperly stored).

So season your meat and use higher heats for a better sear. Plain boiled meat will always taste funky because it's the most basic way to prepare it.

Also this

I feel the wet dog taste too. And a disgusting irony taste. It's not always but way often, especialy with bland spices like you described.

I much prefer plant based foods because of this.

oh wow I'm not the only one that got beaten up by his parents for this, I guess it was kinda stupid to throw it up on the table lmao.
But yeah, I totally get what you're trying to say, there's always this weird taste and I can't tell what it is and what causes it, I can feel it more in chicken and reheated meat.
It's awful,, buterybody thinks I'm just being a whiny asshole

>buterybody thinks I'm just being a whiny asshole
That's because you are just being a whiny asshole.

I can only think of three explanations:
1) It's all in your head. Some kind of mental hangup or other issue.

2) You have some kind of extraordinary or unusual sense of taste

3) Perhaps you are using a cooking oil whose flavor you do not like. I have no problem with 99% of foods, but I find that foods cooked in Canola oil have a subtle taste that I don't like. But that applies to anything cooked with canola, not just meat. Have you thought of any common factors that apply to what triggers out other than just meat?

yea i can recognize some DEATH TASTE or something. difficult to put into words.

What does irony taste like?

Meat straight from a vacuum pack will have an odd and not very pleasant smell. Leave it out in the air for a few minutes before cooking and it will go away.

It tastes like rotten blood.

If you traditionally try one supermarket, try a different one.

I'm not saying you have to go to whole foods or some hippy commune where a vegan ran it over his balls for $20/lb.

When I lived in PA there were two main grocers near me, Giant and Acme. Acme's meat quality was way worse.

Always check the expiration date of meat you are going to cook, get the ones that don't expire as soon.

If it's a consistent issue you may be sensitive to certain things used in the treatment/preservation of the meat (as others already said). If it's not it may be inconsistent. If you open meat and it smells bad, or you take one bite and it tastes like shit, go back with your receipt and get a refund. You aren't being an asshole or cheap if it is not a consistent issue when buying the same cut of meat from the same store.

whole foods was bought by amazon and their cutting down prices to undercut the competition in classic amazon style. I'm excited tbqh

I used to buy dry aged meat from them exclusively. I don't expect the price of that dramatically but the discounts they additionally extend to prime members (in the near future) I expect to drive prices down in nearby meme places.

You're actually a vegan.

Have you considered getting higher quality cuts of meat? With meat, the quality can make a difference.

Other than that, it could be a problem with your sense of taste and, in that event, you should probably just avoid meat and eat things like peanuts to get your protein/take vitamins.

No, it doesn't.

Marinades...

Rinse your chicken off before cutting it up. Use lots of salt.

KYS a good steak only needs salt, pepper, and butter to taste amazing.

Rosemary and thyme in the pan while searing is also awesome but not mandatory.

Sounds like using lard that is going rancid. You may have had some sickness early in your life where rancid fats were involved and now you are sensitive to the odor/flavor.

That taste is the guilt of you meat eating pieces of shit knowing you're doing something wrong eating our animal friends.

My chicken has that taste if it sits out to room temperature, kind of like iron to me. It's always done that, from when my parents overcooked it, to now doing it correctly, either grilled or baked, it just gets that taste eventually