So who was right, Veeky Forums?

so who was right, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church
saintdemetrios.com/our-faith/divorce
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's the difference between an orthodox and a traditionalist?

orthodoxy is a denomination of Christianity like protestantism/catholicism you retard

you can be a liberal/modernist Orthodox Christian

yeah you mong, as is traditionalism.

There's no such denomination as "traditionalism"

Read this
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church

It's obvious.

It's obvious - you either go full tradition with Orthodoxy or full modernism with Protestantism. Just avoid the papist cult of Blessed Virgin at all costs and you should be fine.

>full tradition with Orthodoxy

Yea, divorce and remarriage is real traditional. The Orthodox are a joke, puppets of the Tsar, Sultan, and Satan.

>Yea, divorce and remarriage is real traditional.
thats not allowed in Orthodoxy retard

saintdemetrios.com/our-faith/divorce
>The Church also realistically recognizes that some marriages may become completely unworkable, causing more damage than good, and thus does allow for divorce.

Shoo shoo Walter Kasper

But it is and up to 3 times.

>cherry-picking Protestant lit this hard
>cherry-picking Luther this hard

paradife-loft-cover.jpg

orthodoxy: larping russkies
catholicism: continental philosophy
protestantism: analytic philosophy

Catholicism has plenty of analytics (I only know of Platinga as a relevant Protestant philosopher, versus Amscombe, Grach, Feser, Oderberg, MacIntyre etc.) and unlike Protestant theology, is far more systematic and dependant on pre set axioms.

It definitely is. The idolisation of eastern orthodoxy on this board by people who have no first hand experience with it is off the charts, btw. Makes me wonder how many other such self-assured ignorants have been lecturing others on various subjects in which they are equally clueless.

Most of Veeky Forums is retarded undergrads, so, most of everything is clueless people lecturing other clueless people.
There's always a few exceptions which make it a good place to waste time at tho.

luther

it's obvious

Sorry papists

>Anglican
>Nothing but a tax grab and murder scheme by a king
Fuck at least the other proddies actually believed they were doing the right thing.

>Catholicism lost the entirety of Northern Europe
>Perhaps we're too mediterranean centric?
>Nah! It's that that one King's fault!

>he believes romish propaganda
Stay memed, son

I can't believe people still care about this shit

*tips kalimavkion*

>Entirety of northern Europe
>Not Ireland
>Not half of Germany
>Not Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia
>Not Poland
Not that this proves my faith, you're just historically inaccurate. But an Anglo thinking the world revolves around a shitty little island what else is new.

truth

>going full modernism
>going full satanic
ok bud

Do god botherers not consider it absurd to think that of all the religions and sects in the world, only theirs it The Truth?

t. Nathan

From a theological perspective, Orthodoxy.

From a metaphysical standpoint, the secularists.

Realistically this is mostly Dostoevsky's fault. Not divorce in Orthodoxy, but Orthodoxy idealization on this board.

>doesn't know the conventional difference between northern europe and eastern europe

If you are not Protestant you are a crypto-jew

Christianity only made a full split with Judaism in 1648 with the Peace of Westphalia

Well I'm Catholic, and there's more than a billion of us, so at the very least I can point to a seventh of humanity as an attestation of the truth of my sect.

Estonia and Latvia are (were) Lutheran, dummy.

If a seventh of humanity jumped off a bridge, would you?

The Euro-Salafist on the right.

Fucking catholics man.

This triumphalism typical to Catholics is reason enough to be convinced of Romanism's untruth.

surprising that the home country of the (((reformation))) would be the same one to incubate the j*wish menace... really makes one ponder

If six sevenths of humanity shot themselves in the foot, would you?

Left or middle