youtube.com/watch?v=SEy6WPB_txw
youtube.com/watch?v=KgmoMO66uPg
youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it tru doe

>transrelational gender modes
What did he mean by this?

>this used to be a joke

Calvin and Hobbes was a pretty outstanding comic strip. I don't know that I would consider it actual art or literature, because I don't know that the medium of comics is really capable of rising to that level, but C&H probably the closest that comics can get.

>I don't know that I would consider it actual art or literature, because I don't know that the medium of comics is really capable of rising to that level
*tips*

There's nothing in his words that would fit fedoratism, you dip. Good Lord, why is my lit filled with retarded teenagers in the morning?

It was sometimes quite prescient.

youtube.com/watch?v=SEy6WPB_txw

It was extremely pretentious.

>It was extremely pretentious.
Welcome to Veeky Forums, enjoy your stay.

Shut up, nigger.

Didn't some colleges in the States abolish "F" grades for exactly this reason?

Hobbes savage af

I don't remember Calvin & Hobbes being that verbose

I thought this was a kids cartoon?

you're a big sophist

Sweet summer child.

I had the same feeling. I think I just skipped all the overly philosophical strips and just read the funny stories

Should apply to YA authors too desu senpai.

You you remembered very wrong. Calvin and Hobbes was a Sunday funny and was very much mainly for adults.

>The play contains the longest word in Greek, transliterated as:
lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimupotrimmatosilphiokarabomelitokatakechumenokichlepikossuphophattoperisteralektruonoptokephalliokigklopeleiolagóiosiraiobaphètraganopterugón,
or, in the Greek alphabet:
λοπαδοτεμαχοσελαχογαλεοkρανιολειψανοδριμυποτριμματοσιλφιοkαραβομελιτοkαταkεχυμενοkιχλεπιkοσσυφοφαττοπεριστεραλεkτρυονοπτοkεφαλλιοkιγkλοπελειολαγῳοσιραιοβαφητραγανοπτερύγων. (1169–74)
Jeffrey Henderson translated the word as a stew of "limpets and saltfish and sharksteak and dogfish and mullets and oddfish with savory pickle sauce and thrushes with blackbirds and various pigeons and roosters and pan-roasted wagtails and larks and nice chunks of hare marinated in mulled wine and all of it drizzled with honey and silphium and vinegar, oil and spices galore."

holy kek

It's interesting reading these strips as someone who never saw them until they were an adult.

Nothing he says or does seems childlike at all, which seems to defeat the purpose. A lot of the strips would make more sense if he was drawn as Wally from Dilbert, and his sidekick was a coffee cup or Xanax instead of a stripey dog.

>Nothing he says or does seems childlike at all, which seems to defeat the purpose. A lot of the strips would make more sense if he was drawn as Wally from Dilbert, and his sidekick was a coffee cup or Xanax instead of a stripey dog.
ok, buddy. Go take 5 minutes and think about what retarded shit you just said.

For you.

Sure buddy, sure. Just imagine Calvin as Wally and Hobbes as a coffee cup in this strip. Makes perfect sense, I swear!

(meant to reply to )

Clearly a Dilbert knockoff!

tfw

damn

You poor mongoloid scribbling niggers.

My personal theory about the final two scenes are that, first off, I think the primal Garfield running at the sad old Jon, and transforming him into worms is such:

As evidenced by the audio of the Jim Davis interview, I think it's safe to assume that Jon Arbuckle is in some ways, a Jim Davis self-insert, or at least as the "put upon protagonist" hence why Davis shows him as the "depressive everyman" in his mind. Which is why the "sad old Jon" seen here, is also indicative of Jim Davis himself, especially in regards to the balding head and comb-over somewhat resembling the Jim Davis photos we see.

When put up against the audio, I feel like this scene imagines that Jim Davis trying to sell Garfield as the "ultimate relatable character" is saying that Garfield reflects as a primal beast in which has overtaken Jim Davis's life in a way he cannot get away from and must continue drawing in tripe, unfunny comics for decades, and how it seems to have taken over Davis and reduced him from an artist and writer to a writhing mass of unthinking, mindless, wriggling earthworms that can only mindlessly dig in their own dirt for a living.

The second scene with the bathroom stall still-birth is much less subtle, as Jim Davis is literally showing Garfield as dead stillbirth of a creatively bankrupt idea, that has taken on a never-ending undeath of it's own that can only be summed up with repulsion, regret, and a speech (in Polish thanks to a translation of her speech that another commenter has given) that drive home the connection that Garfield is an unholy abomination and that it's creation spewed forth into this existence can only make the world that it was unbirthed into a hell of it's own, just for existing. The most perfect and extreme satirical method I have ever seen to get across the concept that Jim Davis is not funny by literally depicting Jim Davis's style of humor as an unholy abortion.

The metaphor isn't exactly subtle, yet at the same time, the revolting nature in which this is depicted does more to get across the concept of just how Fatal Farm feels about Jim Davis than any other way of showing this possibly could. It's horrifying, revolting and cringeworthy because that is how Fatal Farm sees Jim Davis's style of "humor", as so far beyond traditional "anti-humor" that it is something both otherwordly horrifying and gag-inducingly sickening.

In short, Fatal Farm is showing you and sharing with you the explicit pain and cringe he/they feel after over 9 years of satirizing the lowest-common denominator of soulcrushing tripe, with this, the final and most extreme way they can possibly drive this point home, also possibly for the last time. It's brilliant. Fucking brilliant.

Never before, not even in the history of Lasagna Cat up to this point, has there ever been this much of a deeply disturbing and artistic, positively David Lynch-ian way to effectively say something that, when all is said and done, amounts to something as simple as "Jim Davis is a hack and he is not funny.", but explains this incredibly well, not by just SAYING that, but making you very much FEEL that, and FEEL the disgust with which Fatal Farm has always made it their mission to get this idea across.

youtube.com/watch?v=KgmoMO66uPg

Well, now I'm going to spend my Friday night re-reading Calvin and Hobbes comics.

Comics are their own medium, and yes there are many comics that are art.

What's the aliens job

Idk. Wouldn't most people be skeptical about calling comics "literature" because that's just how we're taught to view things? I think it would be extremely pretentious to qualify comics as literature without making a statement about why it's necessary to bend the rules.

>stays up all night a nervous wreck

Sounds like the work of a coffee cup to me!

kek

I can imagine the amusement of the audience as the actors pulled off saying the whole word in one breath as if it was completely natural.

>not Peanuts
>kys

fuck, i know right? you just get sucked into them even though you've read them a million times.

It's a pretty comfy way to spend a Friday night desu senpai.

oh fuck I remember reading this one as a kid

>tfw

He's not wrong though.

He truly is a tiger.

complete animal t.b.h

>implying aliens have jobs

>implying they don't.

A truly civilized society has no wagecucks

underrated

holy shit delete this

>people unironically post SJWin and Reddit
Veeky Forums is dead.

wow. I really should read the Greeks first, huh?

I can't speak to colleges but I went to a Maryland high school from 04-08 and the failing grade there was an "E". I never knew the reason why they didn't use an F, however.

For fuck's sake

It exists:

>Dynamics of Teaching and Learning Modern Hebrew as an Additional Language

In Dynamics of Teaching and Learning Modern Hebrew as an Additional Language Yona Gilead presents original research into classroom interactional practices by offering a thick description of a successful beginner-level Modern Hebrew program at an Australian university. The book charts and theorizes the cohort’s teacher and students’ trajectory of using Hebrew as the main means of instructing and acquiring the language, and highlights seven key features which contribute to students’ learning. The book’s research-based findings and analysis of classroom dynamics contribute to theorizing the currently largely praxis-based discipline of L2 Modern Hebrew instruction, hence providing a stronger theoretical understanding of how and why students can be assisted in their language learning.

That will be 100$ goyim.

>le everything popular is plebbit xD teenage patrishoon army tells it how it is
How will Veeky Forums ever recover?

hello tumblr

Can we have regular Calvin and hobbes threads since Graphic novels are works of literature and Calvin and Hobbes is at the top of all the graphic novels.

>Calvin and Hobbes is at the top of all the graphic novels.
>a strip comic
>graphic novel

>graphic novel
hmm apparently it is defined as a Daily comic strip.
Idc about graphic novels I just wanna see more C&H here tbqh.

I'd be down for regular Calvin and Hobbes threads, even though the medium would be better suited for /co/.

you mean "Marvel Comics & Cartoons"?

While the statement was true, it sounded way too smug, you know?

It was pretentious because of how it was written, not because of what it meant.

>tipping and autism intensifies

youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

>Limpets and saltfish and sharksteak and dogfish;
>Mullets and oddfish with savory pickle sauce
>Thrushes with blackbirds and various fowl;
These are a few of my favorite things!

>Pan-roasted wagtails and larks with nice hare chunks
>mar'nate in mulled wine and drizzle with honey,
>silph'yum, oil, vinegar, spices galore --
THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FA-VO-RITE THINGS!