Is schizophrenia the human version of CPU overclocking?

is schizophrenia the human version of CPU overclocking?

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0010670
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4641165/
reliawire.com/creative-thinking-schizotypal-personalitie/
nature.com/articles/nature13595
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022395615300078
drdanielberger.com/single-post/2017/01/30/Prominent-Psychiatrists-Claim-that-Schizophrenia-is-not-a-Real-Disease
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ignore this post. Hide it and keep going with your life.

Nigga what

schizophrenia is the schizophrenia of schizophrenia

or maybe it isnt

No, it's not. It's likely the result of abnormal ratios of white and gray matter. My brother has it, and it's terrible. He often stops taking his meds and all hell breaks loose with him. He's tried killing himself several times, and has put immense pressure on our family with his behavior when he's not on meds. I wish I could convince him to keep taking them, but schizophrenics think they don't need them, which can't be farther from the truth. Until there's a permanent cure, they HAVE to take their meds.

They often think their thoughts are profound, but they don't make a lick of sense in the real world. When they are on meds, sure, they are generally smart people (not universal, trust me... Other family members of mine with it are idiots with or without meds). But yeah, they are not better off intellectually.

I will say that perhaps when experiencing a psychotic episode, it may make them perceive things in a delusional, yet creative way. This may contribute to out of the box thinking, and thus out of the box solutions when they are again able to think straight, usually after med adjustments or restarting their medication.

This literally makes no fucking sense.

You should feel bad about this post.

hahaha

no, that's paranoia

No, you fucking moron.

No, high-functioning autism is, but only when the brain affected was already going to have an above average IQ.

>They often think their thoughts are profound, but they don't make a lick of sense in the real world.
I think I could have a problem....

Wtf i have schizophrenia now

精神分裂症是CPU超頻的人類版本?

Survey says : YES

Fascinating. If Trump can infect a nation, surely someone with even half of 'that' brain could do so. weee

How can you not try to perceive it as your brother requires the meds for reality to interact with him?

QUANTUM!

When I took mushrooms I said a few things that people just thought made no sense. Couldn't tell if it was the typical group of dumb people who don't know big words or if I was actually making no sense. But when my friend took acid he was like man we got so much to do we gotta go get the cake from the guys and I'm like what cake? What guys? We hardly have any other friends around here. What guys? He's dead now

The meds are part of reality so if he requires meds before reality can interact with him, he requires meds before meds can interact with him, therefore meds can't ever interact with him.

Trump was a eregore.

One characteristic of schizophrenic brains is the lower density of dopamine D2 receptors in the thalamus. It has been suggested, that the thalamus is responsible for "deciding" what comes into consciousness.

The effect of the lower density of dopamine D2 receptors in this area (supposedly) means less filtering - more perception and ideas come to mind.

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0010670

Your brother is predicate to medicine.

Something has to be pristine prior to being broken.

But hey, why not argue with myself some more.

So in this regard, schizophrenia (by itself) does not mean higher processing speed - rather it means that more input is taken into account.

There is some evidence, however, that relatives of psychotics are overrepresented among successful students, and tend to hold more creative professions.

It's more like the human version of the Intel bug

Yes, more input channels are added to the processing stream.

However without some sort of algorithmic discriminator or things flowing through that input to get tagged with priority of process it can just become extra noise to process out.

Scizophrenia is like a confused bus system.
I know it wont sound like a good analogy. But imagine a computer that will randomly send inputs and outputs to random places.

Like stuff that supposed to be sent to the monitor will be sent to the modem.

The mouse will be treated like a keyboard.

Your hard drive will think its the sound card.

And the modem calls the RAM.

Or maybe a computer program where variables are being shifted , duplicated , switched around and all sorts of other random manipulations.

Sorta. Only since nothing is made to overclock, it all goes to hell. Lithium replaces the sodium and slows the overclocking down so the brain can become more coherent. It is more of a bandwidth bottleneck and shit bleeds over into the "hey this is real!" side of what was normally imagination.

No, that's something else completely.

Doctors theorize that too much dopamine causes schizophrenia. So probably.

Its kind of like overclocking. The dopemine levels are way too high. The pattern recognition in a schizophrenic is so strong that they begin to lose touch with reality. This leads to paranoia and out of control inner dialogue. This can also result in those systems burning out, leading to catatonia and other abnormal symptoms. However, schizophrenia still needs a lot of research before anything can be proven without a doubt.

only good answers.

and autism is not overclocking or anything like that. autism is under and over connectivity in certain regions of the brain.

NOTCH4 gene has implications for cell-cell communication whereby certain protein structures are culled by other cells in an attempt to send signal. If such structure is not present, the cell to me seems to act haywire. This gene has variants that are of interest to schizophrenics and psychologists. The gene also has variants that are related to predisposition to cancer. That's digression. Anyways, the NOTCH4 gene has a role in embyrogeneis which in turn helps proper neurogenesis occur. Without this gene, the body has issues with communication (potential cancer risk) and the brain is not formed the way that it should (schizophrenia risk).

Think about it like this. Schizophrenics complain of auditory hallucinations and not being able to pick out certain voices that are supposed to be familiar. This is the subjective. The likely culprit is the lack of normal cell to cell communication owing to an outer control inner dialogue as noted by Cells have a remarkable ability to heal themselves. With the above in mind, the psychotic break is induced by a trigger reminding the self that the proper form (mutated form in this instance) is what should be and the person thus acts strangely.

Of interesting note is the lack of self-affirmation that schizophrenics exude.

Moreover, a wider terminology must be created for the eventuality that this gene is truly the culprit for schizophrenia. Otherwise we will be stuck with various modifiers all beginning the same (which can be annoying in and of itself [hence why we lump all the various conditions that seem schizophrenic in nature with the topic condition.])

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4641165/

>It's likely the result of abnormal ratios of white and gray matter.
Don't blame external factors. This is clearly family issues.

Nobody know what schizophrenia is. schizophrenia is a meme from psychiatry. psychiatry is not a science and the term "schizophrenia" is not scientific.
People with abnormal behavior that can't fall in any other category are labelled as "schizophrenic" and forced to eat pills and that's all

Psychiatrists have medical degrees. You don't know what you're talking about.

ultraaaaaaaaaaaaaa bait

>psychiatry
>psychology
>neurology

Stop mixing all these up faggot

Yeah reality requires the meds for his brother to interact with them.

Reality is broken in this case

It is a failure of the hypothalamus to filter information and memories. The schizophrenic sees the world as it really is, they may make incorrect assumptions about what they are seeing, but what they are seeing is "unfiltered".

It is pretty spooky that most end up terrified and paranoid as a result, however many schizophrenics do not. It is a bit of a stereotype to assume it manifests in an obsession with conspiracy theories.

Brain is nothing like CPU, so no.

fuck that zombie shit, I've been off mine for years and no (violent) problems

Schizophrenia has brain overconnectivity and autism local brain underconnectivity. According to a source Crespi cites.

I have schizophrenia

Imo if you want to know anything at all about schizophrenia you should start by visiting /x/ and seriously thinking about magick and the occult and UFOs

(you might appear slightly smarter (overclocked) if you have schizophrenia because of the number of ideas you can steal from the "voices" you interact with (many of whom know more about "many things" than us humans on earth can at this stage in our evolution))

this, my gf's brother has schizophrenia and he just had bursts of violence when he was unmedicated.
Sadly the medicine renders him unable to concentrate, poor guy. He was actually intelligent, and now he is unable to do anything that requires focusing more than 20 minutes.

I think I might have the schizophrenia gene, since the overwhelming pattern recognition and hallucination meme has happened to me under the influence of drugs.
I'm also quite paranoid, frequently afraid of people walking towards me on the sidewalk.
During sleep I sometimes suddenly wake up with a feeling of panic as it feels like my mind is stretching and twisting.
Thus far it hasn't negatively impacted my regular sober life.

all the truly smart people have schizophrenia, schizoprenics (schizoids in general) are the next stage in human evolution, we are more evolved, manic episodes are moments of communication with forces beyond your understand that's why non-schizos try to drug us up, to dampen our perception of reality, but people are waking up and rejecting your ""medicine"" (chemical lobotomies)

oh and just for the naysayers, I have not taken the drugs you people push on me for the last 3 weeks and nothing bad has happened, if I were that ill would I be able to articulate myself on Veeky Forums? no, I'm in perfect control of my brain

You probably haven't given much thought to the idea that people try to keep away from you.

By the way, anti-psychotics reduce gray matter in a way that is thought to be in a bad way (by non-medical people and potentially medical people alike.)

You and I are in a similar state concerning the efficacy of such drugs. You and I are also likely to be free thinkers. Start your journey my friend. Look up all the possible theories that you can bring yourself to finding about schizophrenia and/or psychosis in general. It's common for psych offices to recommend new patients to bring in information that may help the professional come to a quicker solution rather than hearing the patient rant and have to decode non-words (sighs, grunts, etc.).

It's like subconscious perceptions and expectations being leaked into my waking conscious self

>anti-psychotics reduce gray matter in a way that is thought to be in a bad way
I took them about 2 years, and think I might be a bit slower than before. But it might of been all and all better to take m.

Your call, dude. I didn't like how they made me feel and felt that going au natural was better.

I dropped them too eventually

Yes

Bipolar fag here, it's not schizophrenia but a similar cocktai of drugs is used to treat it

It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to stay on these horrible meds long term, the government would be better off just mass euthanizing, I will publicly kill myself out of the protest when they start to release that device they're developing that they put into your stomach that would inform your psychiatrist if you miss a dose

Antipsychotics are vile horrible medicines I refuse to believe anyone takes these things long term

The politically incorrect truth about schizos is that there is a spectrum of schizotypy which can be beneficial or harmful depending on how the mutation happens. Sometimes, the mutation winds up beneficial, and you get Schizotypals like Einstein or Newton (fun fact: Newton spent most of his time writing about the supernatural rather than science. Very /x/) However, the mutations can be harmful, and you get full blown schizophrenics which cannot function in society. So it depends on how the mutation specifically bears out.

reliawire.com/creative-thinking-schizotypal-personalitie/

Alot of famous people are 'closet schizos' but neither society nor themselves are aware of it.

>The politically incorrect truth
How is this politically incorrect?

A lot of famous creatives are believed to be bipolar as well. The manic phase harbors creativity.

Made friends with schizos. They try hard to convince you they are nice people but you can tell they are delusional, pretentious and crazy if you spend more than a few hours with them. They are unpredictable and turn on you at any given moment and are a pain in the ass to get out of your life.

Tip for anyone trying to get a schizos out of their life:
1. Prove they are crazy by exposing their lies
2. Make them think you are crazier than they are

It's more like, 1/3 of Schizos take meds but they just keep shit under control, 1/3 of schizos take meds and are somewhat normal, 1/3 have one episode and never have another.

There's over 100 schizophrenia genes, and you only need maybe 5 or 6 to develop a risk of getting it. There's a fuckton of combinations. It's not one condition.

Citation pls.

How did he die?

nature.com/articles/nature13595

sounds a lot like an LSD trip

There's alot of current research pointing to hormone imbalances being a root issue for quite a number of mental illnesses.

This article does not say what you said. You lack critical thinking.

I said a bunch of things, which part do you take issue with and I'll call you an autist on an anonymous imageboard.

it's genetic

I might seem like a schizo (I only have diagnosed anxiety/depression) but my pet theory is that the psychiatric diagnosis may be more common in secular society because spiritual people can channel those supernatural phenomena that they perceive through familiar religious terms and limit the confusion.
In increasingly secular worlds, the non-spiritual schizophrenic begins to doubt the supernatural way too much as his peers mock and fail to understand him. This damages his overall mental and social health to the point of frustration, violence and self-harm in the worst scenario.

>They often think their thoughts are profound, but they don't make a lick of sense in the real world.
I'm INFP and neurotypicals treat me like I have scz. I used to joke around that being high on marijuana was overclocking your brain.

I have schizophrenia like symptoms from b12 deficiency/sleep deprivation

you think that's plausible? to fall into scz?

people cause suffering onto others when they're suffering themselves. it's incredibly accurate

And yet you're here.

>but you can tell they are delusional, pretentious and crazy
>schizo
>not delusional or crazy
But not so sure bout pretensious, for I have been around schizos quite a time, and the intelligent ones usually are the most real persons there is.

look into hyper and hypothyroid causes and symptoms. this is what causes manic and depressive episodes oe bipolar and maybe some schizo/creative destructive behaviors

Making schizophrenics mildly hyperthyroid seems to improve their symptoms

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022395615300078

ok I'm falling for the bait
>Fidel, Stalin, Thatcher, Obama, Nicholas Cage, Bin Laden, Bush and Romney having any kind of abstract thinking
>Lenin and Hitler not in INTP as the fucking autists they were

我看起來像一個精神分裂(我只有診斷焦慮/抑鬱),但我的寵物的理論是,精神病診斷可能在世俗社會中是比較常見的,因為精神的人可以引導那些他們通過熟悉的宗教術語認為超自然現象和限制的困惑。
在日益世俗世界,非精神精神分裂症開始懷疑超自然的方式太多,因為他的同行模仿和不理解他。 這損害了他的整體精神和社會健康挫折,暴力和在最壞的情況下自殘的地步。

it IS a bait image
but you're pretty naive for believing what you said about those people

This is an English speaking board you soulless insectoid.

Yes.

Did you just recently take an undergrad Psychopharmacology course? That "1/3 medicated" stat is from the last lecture from said titled course that I took this past fall.

Also, reminder that DSM4 had multiple types of schizophrenia and 5 does not. You should really consider critical thinking starting with the post I made here:

non of them are good

Fuck you I don't need mind control medication.

No it's not.
Honestly it's always surprised me how people can be so arrogant in topic they know little to nothing about and make such bold statements.

drdanielberger.com/single-post/2017/01/30/Prominent-Psychiatrists-Claim-that-Schizophrenia-is-not-a-Real-Disease
>Is there such a thing as schizophrenia? Yes and no. Yes, there are people who think irrationally at times and who attribute their problems to seemingly inappropriate causes, such as extraterrestrials or voices in the air. Yes, there are people who think they are God or the devil and repeat the claim no matter how much trouble it gets them into. But no, these people are not biologically defective or inherently different from the rest of us. They are not afflicted with a brain disorder or disease.”

Just because you are not mentally incabable and you can make comparisons doesn't mean you should post it on Veeky Forums

Hitler was no autist, he made other autist do the work, he just commanded them, but yea the chart is bullshit

Its known to be hereditary. Youre just as arrogant using an incredibly biased source. Disease as a concept might be a spcial construct but there does seem to be a syatematic pathophysiology producing certain symptoms which are problematic for living.

Its known to be hereditary. Youre just as arrogant using an incredibly biased source. Disease as a concept might be a spcial construct but there does seem to be a syatematic pathophysiology producing certain symptoms which are problematic for living.

The symptoms may be continuous with normality on their own or not specific to schizophrenia but hypothetically we can see dimensional combinations of disabling symptoms which probably have specific pathologies that warrant treatment.

This is the best answer. Schizophrenics suffer from "loose associations" where they think there are connections between things that don't matter. They might look at an apple on their desk, then vaguely remember how there's a movie stereotype about students putting apples on the teacher's desk, then think that they are actually a teacher, then get a vague feeling that someone put the apple there to make them think they are the teacher as a way to make fun of them. Or random shit like that. And it all happens in an instant, not a thought out chain of reasoning.

This is my take from everything I've read, I don't have it.

Yes an abnormal confidence in prediction errors ive heard say. Makes sense in how you say loose associations or how people make associations more readily.

>He is also an experienced pastor, counselor, school administrator, and the author of numerous books on Christian counseling, practical theology, education, and the history and philosophy of the mental health construct. Daniel studied at Bob Jones University and Florida International University and earned his B.S. in counseling, an M.S. in counseling/ psychology, an M.A. in pastoral studies, and a doctorate in pastoral theology. He is also a certified member of the International Association of Biblical Counselors (IABC).

Lmfao

No.

It's an uncontroversial statement so it's unsurprising it's in undergrad courses.

This is horseshit. He's making a philosophical point, not a psychiatric one. You can argue that Schizophrenia does not exist, or Bipolar Disorder does not exist, or You don't exist or any garbage you want. It doesn't change the fact that there exists a subset of people with a given diagnosis, who are more likely to respond to certain treatments. We know this from clinical trials.

So functionally, it does exist. And it is genetic. And many genes have been marked out as risk factors. Just because a word can't always be used a certain way and might mean different things doesn't mean it shouldn't be a word. If you think it should you should maybe check into the autism clinic.

no, schizophrenia only prevents you from achieving things you could, I know first hand

It is the human version of graphics tearing.
the processor cant render reality properly as it processes the input and the output is all skewed and fucked up

That's because it is very similar. Being on acid is basically becoming (controllably) schizophrenic for a short period.

Not really.

My bad trips seem very similar to schizophrenic symptoms I've read. In fact even worse than those

Ive never heard tripping or had strong delusions even on a bad trip.

Once it happens it never stops. Be grateful you haven't had a bad trip before

I've went through periods where I was peeking out the window shades wondering whether I was going to see mental hospital nurses outside making sure I don't leave the house. I mean that literally

Only had that on weed. Worst paranoia. Needed drink to beat it.

>using fiction to do rp tribalism bullshit
fucking hell, kill yourself

Doctors also confuse hypomania and schizophrenia.

schizophrenia doesn't exist and psychiatric medicine is poison.

Or the lack there of ;)