Been trying to make rice tastier by putting teabags into the pot to boil it

been trying to make rice tastier by putting teabags into the pot to boil it.

Any advice?

I could add oil and fry it and make it delicious but I want a healthy snack

Tea? What were you expecting?

Rice is pure carbohydrates, not sure how a bit of oil could make it worse, but alright. I'd say throw a cube of bouillon in there.

i cooked some sushi rice in coconut milk as an experiment, it was delicious

Try lightly frying it and mixing an egg in, along with seasonings of your choice. Also some soy sauce, sesame oil, and hoisin sauce could really help add some flavor.

white rice is pretty much devoid of any kind of flavour of its own. It's all about what you eat it with. Try eating it with a curry sauce

Use chicken broth instead of water.

a little canned tomato and a chicken bouillon cube is nice.

Use broth instead of water

I use chicken bouillon

Add a little bit of fish sauce to the water.

Coconut milk works to make it rich and filling. And ofcourse broth.

Diced carrots/corn/onion/peas
Minced garlic
Soy sauce/Sesame oil to taste
Dash of white pepper

thats not sushi rice

Butter and a pinch of salt. Bullion or broth are good too. Creole seasoning or blackening seasoning are good if you want to spice it up

Throw some star anise and cloves in for some fragrance

Just by itself? Seaweed, sesame oil and siracha. You got yourself a fine breakfast.

Tea? wtf dude. For me, it's a few spoonfulls of coffee grounds in the rice

a little packet of miso paste you can get in any miso soup package
miso rice is tasty as fuck

I often add butter chunks when cooking rice, helps immensly. If you want taste you can add seasonings like curry or tumeric, or both, to the water.

Also this is correct, especially with some really good sesame oil. An intersting thing about rice is that it's harder to work with freshly made rice in a wok than it is with one that already had some rest, or is from previous day.

Brown rice + pack of instant onion soup mix.

Instead of water, use beer and throw in edamame.

add the seasoning pack from some ramen and toss the crappy noodles.

GOAT rice, having it tonight actually

Did you get that recipe from gaki no tsukai? I think there was an episode with that...

Use brown rice instead of white rice. Cook it with chicken stock, onions, garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano, and bay leaves. Add a pinch of saffron/turmeric/annato to give it a pleasant-looking yellow/orange-ish color.

>I want a healthy snack

Eat a piece of fruit.

Dissolve a tablespoon of miso paste (after it's finished cooking) and garnish with chopped scallions/chives.
By the way, if you really wanna eat something healthy, eat brown rice, not white rice.

>Cook sticky rice
>cool and form into patties
>Pan fry until brown and crispy
>Season with lots of salt

fry a couple of whole garlic cloves until brown in olive oil and add to rice.

Haluan mo ng daing yung kanin.

Just put a bit of salted butter in it after it cooks and sprinkle some pepper on top. Anything more is unnecessary unless you are trying to make fried rice.

Chinese fried rice

>I want a healthy snack
Then don't eat rice.

>star anis
>cloves

this, i'd also add cardamome seeds