Are there any movies, shows, comics, books or any other piece of fiction that Veeky Forums enjoys?

Are there any movies, shows, comics, books or any other piece of fiction that Veeky Forums enjoys?

How would a food related story work for you people?

Other urls found in this thread:

meadist.com/mead-articles/buy-mead-online/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

well I'm playing Skyrim right now and its making me want to try mead

Mead is fucking delicious
Imagine honey wine.
t. nord

wine? really
I imagined it as like some kind of beer with honey in it

where would I even get mead? is it expensive

Mead can be expensive. A lot of times it is called honey-wine as a tax dodge. In terms of flavor it varies heavily because it can be spiced so many ways or even involve malts like beer; and fermented different ways to the point where it's less sweet or even naturally carbonated.

Not like beer at all, that's a common misconception about meed.

I live in NC and looked for it. Couldn't find it except from high-end specialty wine stores that charge out the ass for a single bottle. Your best bet for affordable mead around here is probably gonna be buying it under the table from a beekeeper who's also into homebrew. No idea about other regions though.

where do I buy some to try though
I'm almost 100% certain that no store or bar within 100 miles has it

Depends on where you live
Good mead is even semi rare here in Danmark

could I order it online?

Sure.
I can't help you with where though

It's a lot cheaper/more available in leafland for whatever reason. But most downtown/high end liquor stores should sell it.

I enjoyed "Sideways" really taught me alot about wine

Literally the second result on Google.

meadist.com/mead-articles/buy-mead-online/

Why are you replying to me with this shit though? I'm not the one asking.

Tokyo Diner and Samurai Gourmet were enjoyable.
Chew was a pretty fun comic for the first couple of volumes but I think the concept is more fun than the execution. It's about a police officer who can see the complete history of any food he eats except for beets.

btw sorry if I hijacked your thread OP
my train of thought was form of media + food related + story = Skyrim and mead

One of my earliest inspirations for cooking is Ryuuji from Toradora.

It makes me kinda sad someone shopped that picture. Just the thought of that kind of reunion actually makes me tear up

I like reading Oishinbo. Read portions of it in english and picked up a few volumes in japanese for my shelf. It's my favorite food/cooking anime even though it does feel formulaic in some parts.

Food related, Shokugeki no Souma is an obvious choice, but Dungeon Meshi is fucking awesome and very overlooked. Too bad you can't eat any of the recipes in that manga.

Chef taught me the value of frying cheese and meat sandwiches while bonding with my interracial son

Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, and Red Dragon are pretty gud Veeky Forums material.