Which STEM fields are going to precipitate the most revolutions during the 21st century?

Format:
>Field
>Area of field
>Information
>Profitability and growth

What about genetics?

Is genetics not a science? Is genetic engineering not engineering/technology?

Goddam, Veeky Forums really has gone to the dogs.
I'm trying to start a discourse here, so that we can aggregate and extrapolate exciting innovation for curiosity and I'll getting is:
>Is genetics not a science? Is genetic engineering not engineering/technology?
What happened to you, Veeky Forums? You used to be beautiful.
>Picture very much and depressingly related.

>*I'll getting is = all I'm getting is

Veeky Forums was never good

discourse on what? this thread isn't about science or math, it's about roleplaying and talking out of your ass

good riddance

I posted evidence that immediately and irrefutably disproves this statement. It may not have been 'amazing', but what ever is in an open domain? But it was markedly before stimulating than nothing but Wojak brainlet meme after Wojak brainlet meme, how sullying.

Roleplaying, how? You're an absolute moron without any ability in reading comprehension.
I want people to find something interesting:
>Tell us what field it is in.
>What area of that field it is in.
>The information about what is amazing about it.
>The profitability and growth potential of it.
That's pretty obvious.

I'm hoping for some serious in-depth answers?

Computer Science/Engineering
Artificial Intelligence
Most human labor markets will be supplanted by machines within the century. Profitability is too immense to disregard as a serious possibility.

Obviously AI is a normie hypememe but this is the direction that markets will take.

I agree, though I don't believe in singularity.
And I think human innovation will always be needed.

Veeky Forums has become infested with meme kiddies from facebook and numales from reddit. It's dead.

I guess it is finally time to pack up and move to StackExchange, or one of the STEM forums?

Bump.

Biotechnology
Anti-senescence and human genetic engineering
Non-primitive geniuses that live long times
Huge profits and infinite potential

I hope I live long enough to benefit.

Chemistry
Drug production
Relatively easy
There will always be demand for drugs

You're going to have be focused too on saving up---didn't say "huge profits" just meaning lots of customers.

If you want to survive until then, Personal recommendation is to

Well, my plan is after my PhD to found a bionic cybernetics company and make bank that way.
Also, I'm currently a pescetarian and do around an hour of aerobic cardio (cycling) everyday, along with flexibility and weight training.

Very true, user.

Computer science for sure.

- AI is gonna become better despite being mostly a meme

- Coding will become easier.

- Developments in computational biology? I don't know much about this but I know that cells basically work as computers. Image being able to program a virus to cure a genetic disease or strengthen the immune system.

- Despite blockchain being another meme something good may come out of there, maybe it will change the way money works

- More computing power for actual scientists to do their thing

>AI is gonna become better despite being mostly a meme.
I think, aside from the obvious application of labouring robots, we'll have AI working alongside human scientists to solve problems rather than it just being all AI. As in, the AIs job will be permutation, the humans job will be innovation and the understanding and application of 'abstract' data.

>Coding will become easier.
No doubt, though it'll still be a valuable skill to have both high and low level.

>Image being able to program a virus to cure a genetic disease or strengthen the immune system.
This is exactly a very exciting avenue for curing things like HIV/AIDS and cancer.

>Despite blockchain being another meme something good may come out of there, maybe it will change the way money works
Agreed, though it'll be a shame to loose physical currency.

>More computing power for actual scientists to do their thing
Agreed.

>- Despite blockchain being another meme something good may come out of there, maybe it will change the way money works
I don't think you know much about the blockchain

Neuroscience

Brain-computer interfaces

It's really cool

Slow growth for the next 20 years, before it really picks up