Is the Red Delicious the most aesthetic apple in existence?

Is the Red Delicious the most aesthetic apple in existence?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/09/the-evil-reign-of-the-red-delicious/379892/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How the fck did my pic end up upside down

Granny Smith and Jazz are superior in taste and texture to the Red Delicious

That's what happens when you're black and you post from your phone dawg

>aesthetic apple
How can an an apple have concerns for beauty?

>Granny Smith

Aesthetics mean nothing if the product itself actually tastes like shit

every apple is superior in taste and texture to the red delicious.
Red delicious is a shit tier apple.
Honeycrisps always look too good to be real

>lumpy, warped-looking hobgoblin apple
>aesthetic

If down's syndrome is your aesthetic, sure

Honeycrisp is the GOAT normie apple.

granny smith seems like a lot of shit

Ya'll niggas don't know bout my GALA apples.

What's the goat non normie apple I've been looking to try more obscure apples

Pink lady

>not liking a thicc fuji

That's already my favorite lmao

Fresh ones are pretty good. If you think Red Delicious is shit, it's because you've only had them after several months of cold storage.

Fucks like you can't appreciate real apples

It is the exactly that, OP. It was created specifically for that purpose and none other. Which is why people don't like it as much for flavor. The red is high in anti-oxidants and tastes more bitter than its older cultivars. Also, it turns red sooner than it is fully ripe and orchards pick them unripe, making the flavor even worse on store shelves.

Now that people don't like it as much, because of the flavor, its sales have been falling. Taking its place are other apple cultivars which are now starting to look more like red delicious apples because the people buying them want prettier apples. The same thing is happening to fuji and honeycrisp, etc.

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/09/the-evil-reign-of-the-red-delicious/379892/

I have an older cultivar of red delicious. It takes ages for them to ripen on the tree, but once they do they are amazing and super sweet.

Best one for apple pie in the thread.

Although I'd use Elstar or Jonagold instead for baking, simply because they are cheapest here.

>Red Delicious
If you make it out of wax, it'll look even more beautiful. And it'll taste better too.

i dont think i have ever had a 'good' red delicious

mealy, tastes like water, tough leathery skin

>Jazz
My fucking nigger
Everybody I talk to doesn't know shit about Jazz Apples and they're the fucking bomb to me
It's good to know at least one other person shares my sentiments

My fave are honestly Fuji. Red delicious are tasty once in a while, but they're a bit misshapen and they end to have a mealy texture sometimes. Not nice.

I seem to be the rare sort that enjoys red delicious the most. When I was a kid mum would always get the ones that are half green and almost sour. I kinda hate them, give me a watery, sweet red delicious any day

Most people have never in their lives had a ripe red delicious. All the ones in stores and farmer's markets are actually unripe. They are one apple that isn't ripe when it turns red and orchard owners never wait for them to ripen.