Is genetic memory real? Do memories of my ancestors really flow through my veins?

Is genetic memory real? Do memories of my ancestors really flow through my veins?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/science/2015/aug/21/study-of-holocaust-survivors-finds-trauma-passed-on-to-childrens-genes
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24029109
learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/epigenetics/inheritance/
epgntxeinstein.tumblr.com/post/127416455028/over-interpreted-epigenetics-study-of-the-week
jneurosci.org/content/29/5/1496
nature.com/news/fearful-memories-haunt-mouse-descendants-1.14272
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, I'm pretty sure epigenetics don't transfer across generations but idk really

So your post is worthless...

Isn't OP's image arguing the opposite? Offspring of Holocaust victims were genetically affected by the environmental effects of the Holocaust on their parents.

at least link the fucking article

read a book

it can.

Yeah it's claiming that the epigenome is passed down through generations but that's not the case generally. There might be exceptions or something. Look up Agouti mice, it's related.

I figured most you have already seen it at least the headlines as it's pretty scandalous.

theguardian.com/science/2015/aug/21/study-of-holocaust-survivors-finds-trauma-passed-on-to-childrens-genes
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24029109

Genetic memory =/= Personal Memories

You're right.

Historically, some phenomena not necessarily heritable have also been described as epigenetic. For example, the term epigenetic has been used to describe any modification of chromosomal regions, especially histone modifications, whether or not these changes are heritable or associated with a phenotype. The consensus definition now requires a trait to be heritable for it to be considered epigenetic.[4] Misuse of the scientific term by quack authors has created misinformation and controversy in the public.[8]

This might be why I'm confused, so the Holocaust thing could actually be true

>Bawww just give me a answer nigguh

WE

Well my grandfather survived holocaust and i believe that he had passed the hatred for Germans on to me through blood alone.

Whenever i see a blonde blue eyed person i feel a burning pain even without thinking about the slaughter of my people.

Luckily there won't be any white people left by the time my grandchildren are young.

nigga please, spare me

It has nothing to do with personal memories and everything to do with the environment changing the genes. So if the Holocaust survivors were starved in the camps their offspring would have a predisposition to eating and storing more calories because the genes dictate that they might be starved in the camps again because of genetic memory coded in their DNA.

>So if the Holocaust survivors were starved in the camps their offspring would have a predisposition to eating and storing more calories because the genes dictate that they might be starved in the camps again because of genetic memory coded in their DNA.
Epigenetic effects don't work like natural selection, who knows what the impact on the phenotype actually is. Probably something really complicated and nothing to do with starvation. Epigenetics is about affecting the rates at which certain genes are expressed through histone modifications, DNA modifications, regulatory gene expression , shit like that. Doesn't necessarily translate to fitness. Plus for the epigenome to be passed on it has to be imprinted on the gametes but females have all their eggs for their entire life in heir ovaries already by puberty so only the make epigenome can be passed since sperm are constantly being produced. And for it to be imprinted on your gametes it would take the epigenome of the cells that produce your gametes (like in your testicles). So the offspring has the epigenome of the father's balls essentially.

Epigenetics does get passed down through generations. You are pulling shit out of your ass.

learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/epigenetics/inheritance/

wtf lmao the link supports what I said

>but females have all their eggs for their entire life in heir ovaries already by puberty
no, they have all of their oocytes, which have not yet completed meiosis. during the process of folliculogenesis, the epigenetic marks are maintained through cell divisions and potentially modified.

also, you're confusing biological mechanism with biological function. yes, epigenetics describes histone modifications and DNA methylation - but those are the means by which a regulatory signal is carried.

and yes, epigenetic effects are subject to natural selection. you can even have epigenetic modifications that are identical to genetic modifications from a genetic analysis point of view - they segregate and have dominant/recessive behavior just like regular genetic alleles.

This >Doesn't necessarily translate to fitness

People get evolution all wrong. They reflect the perspective of the narrator in their story and make "what is left over after the others are dead" into "This caused this to survive."

So when it comes to epigenetics in general, it is a semantic pursuit.
Specifically for what is being heralded as preselection, Natural Selection is not preselection, BUT what is preselected is ascribed by the story teller as coming from a cause.

The only mechanism in evolution is not dying.

Therefore, Preselection is not distinguishable as fitness from any other mutation until generations later when it either is still there or has died off.

- The Platonic Police....

So we're not actually walking testicles?

no

darn

We don't know, and your study certainly doesn't prove it. Popular news headline does not make a statement true.

First of all, this study is 2 years old, why am I seeing this now? Second of all, the study was shite and yields no significant results. The sample size was shit, not to mention that they compared grandchildren with their grandparents. One of the biggest problems with proving epigenetic inheritance is that, as 's link says, you have to prove that epigenetic marks can be inherited throughout 4 generations at least. Not only did they not do that, but they didn't even account for heterogeneity between cells enriched with DNA methylation in their own blood sample as well as the offspring sample. And the jew control samples they used don't guarantee that they would have the same DNA methylation signatures that the tested parents would have if they weren't Holocaust survivors. The sample size just makes the predictive power of all their "results" worse.

This study was battered by proper scientists because it was trash, read this link for further clarification:
epgntxeinstein.tumblr.com/post/127416455028/over-interpreted-epigenetics-study-of-the-week

As for your question, personally, I think such a thing is very unlikely because only a few epigenetic marks survive the purging of the epigenome that germ cells undergo. Even if epigenetic inheritance is a thing, it's not extensive enough to affect behaviours in offspring far down the line.

I'm not OP, retard.

>so the Holocaust thing could actually be true
Of course the Holocaust isn't true.

I thought this site was redpilled.

Hi :]

This has to be true. Otherwise, you could not have rich black kids on universities crying about slavery and reparations. It does not matter how good black people have it today, it is not enough to pay back all the suffering their ancestors went through. White people, you gotta pay up.

jesus fucking christ. . . the jews just keep pushing and pushing and pushing...

they truly are a god damned indignant subhuman race.
>oi gevalt goy, my great great great great grandfather was in the holohoa-caust so you better give me special treatment or you're basically a hitler nazi and are triggering me
all fucking kikes must fuel the fires of hell.

>study finds that all jews are descendendants of a single holocaust survivor

Compare these posts:
to these:
and they say polfags arent retarded

Only about 200,000 "Jews" died in the Holocaust. The real Jews - the black Hebrews were brought to America to work.

but all of those guys are polfags denying science to prevent the Jews from getting their rightful shekelz

theres a huge difference between trying to discuss science in a mostly apolitical climate and vomiting up merchant memes with ESL tier post

KANGZ

The methylation of histon tails has been observed in victims of any trauma. This is a heritable mutation. However making the leap to your "ancestors memories flowing through your DNA" is a pretty big jump.

Tl;dr no

My maternal great grandparents were from poland, whenever I get drunk I start to talk in a weird pseudo eastern european accent, I was raised in a strict English only americanized household and don't speak a lick of polish. Genetic memory confirmed.

Definitely not "memories" of your ancestors.
There's nowhere they could be stored. The information in your DNA is only a tiny fraction of the information in your brain.

I cannot wait for a certain tribe of people to try this transparent flimflammery after the empathic whites are gone.
"Dear Mr Xiao, please give me money because of something a different group of people did to an ancestor of mine."
"Oh, you want flamethrower?"
"No, money, I specifically said AAAAAA."

I do the same with Spanish but literally no-one in my bloodline ever spoke Spanish
genetic memory debunked

Wrong jneurosci.org/content/29/5/1496

nature.com/news/fearful-memories-haunt-mouse-descendants-1.14272

It can and does.

No, that has nothing at all to do with mental memory.

That probably explain why most ashkenazim are pussies who can't handle antissemitic jokes. Even black people are less asspained than them.

isn't this lamarckian quackery

no

What do you think when you see bears and eagles, do you have genetic memories of them being used to torture and kill your ancestors too?

>my grandfather survived holocaust
How old are you?

Of course, this doesn't apply to the families of allied soldiers' who ended up in POW camps.

Kikes just want to milk holohoax some more now that all of those that could have survived die of old age.

Days without jewish trick: 0.

You're just another stupid fucking racist. Your grandfather passed on his hate, in a social context, not genetic.

Some blonde haired people fought with the allies and saved your grandfather's inferior genetic code, but you're pretty stupid so overlook that and stereotype people.

>You're just another stupid fucking racist
>your grandfather's inferior genetic code
kek

Let me elaborate. Your grandfather's genetic code is tainted, likely because of inbreeding. That's what makes you stupid, and that's what makes you racist.

So in one post you try to point out a contraction (and fail).

And in another post you or one of your friends will claim that racism is genetically inherent to white people, and so they should be eliminated.

and there is no doubt that you dont see the insane level of hypocrisy in your own bullshit, because again, you're an inbred retarded little racist bitch.

I'm not even the same guy.
I wish I was jewish though. I don't care if they are inbred. They can always mix with other races, but their IQ will remain the highest.

>I wish I was jewish
>I don't care if they are inbred
>They can always mix with other races
>Jew IQ will remain the highest.

Whatever you say buddy...

If they don't mix entirely, it will remain high, specially considering that, as rule of thumb, intelligence comes from the mother. You can't undo centuries of selective breeding through a few mixings.

>bla bla bla yadda yada

sure thing dude...

Now I see the superior pure, white intellect.

I do think you're trolling though, so I'm not wasting any more of my time.

>white people are too stupid to understand my genius
>I want a board with inbred jews
>so I'm leaving

ok bye cyu

I agree actually. I honestly don't get how people can pretend to support or love science and then call out jews. If I could I would literally populate the entire planet with jews so they could properly advance mankind. It's insane how many contributions they have made to human history given their numbers.

Ya, but if the world was filled with jews who would they have to hate? They'll need someone to hate.

Maybe they'll branch off into groups: super jews and worker jews. And the super jews will hate the shitty jews and rule them because the worker jews will be inferior.

Ya, but if the world was filled with jews who would they have to hate? They'll need someone to hate.

Maybe they'll branch off into groups: super jews and worker jews. And the super jews will hate the worker jews for being inferior to them and will rule over them like cattle.

>Well my grandfather survived holocaust and i believe that he had passed the hatred for Germans on to me through blood alone.

>blood alone

>BLOOD ALONE

You thought to yourself man those nazis and their occultism and belief in the power and purity of blood, they must have been right.

Bullshit, you can easily destroy something through poor breeding stock in one generation.

It all makes sense now

I hardly think that's so. Humans still have a percentage of Neanderthal DNA despite them being extinct for tens of thousands of years.

If this is true then maybe the blacks really are opressed like they were in the 1700s? Perhaps affirmative action and reparations really are necessary

Well lets say he was 18 years old when the war was over, then at maybe 20, he had kids, then after 20 years the son makes another kid. That would mean, in this specific scenario, he would be at most.51 years old. His grandfather couldve been 40 when he had his son, and then the son waited 40 years to have user, and he could be 14.

really narrowed it down for us.

No, one only needs to look at Sweden to see this isn't true. If it was they wouldn't be so chucked.

Every race has their share of genetic trash.

Yeah, epigenetics can transfer over, they found that out with obese and lean mean in a study

But nothing suggests it carries past one generation, it's direct with the next generation

That article will be retracted. The author is a borderline hack who has shilled epigenetics for years. This time they tried to hide behind the holocaust to shield criticism.

>mostly apolitical climate
There isn't anything apolitical about this research. It is therefore justified to examine these bullshit claims in light of previous bullshit claims vis a vis the holohoax.

You are out of your mind. Jewish science is mostly fraudulent.

Only about 400,000 Jews died in the Holocaust? If you ask me, that is 800,000 too many. Germany must pay for the 1,500,000 Jews who died in the Holocaust. Let us keep the memory of those 6,000,000 Jews alive.