Does every problem at the end of the chapter

>Does every problem at the end of the chapter.

I seriously hope you don't do this.

>only does the evens/odds (whichever have answers in the back)

>spend 30 minutes working out a problem not in the back of the book
>scour the internet for an answer
>nobody fucking has it
>look for the solution manual
>nobody fucking has it
>in desperation, purchase a Chegg account and ask for an answer
>nobody fucking answers
>no idea if the answer you got is right or wrong
Time well spent

If the book doesn't have solutions to every problem, it's as good as trash.

I only did this in Hartshorne, because like half the book is in the exercises.

>not doing all the problems, putting your solutions in a latex document and then printing it

If they're numerical problems I agree but it's unnecessary for every other problem. The guy who wrote the book was able to solve it (and sometimes invent it) and so should you, even if you have to use hints or ask someone.

If you spend a lot of time on it just move on, there is a lot of shit to do

Then all of them? I mean, I know you should think before going for the solution, but sometimes (this true mostly in introductory books that don't use a lot of formal definition and mathematical terminology) you don't know if you even did the question it asked. I need corroboration to feel secure with my solutions and actually be confident of my learning.

>The guy who wrote the book was able to solve it
Not always

Knuth?

>The guy who wrote the book was able to solve it (and sometimes invent it) and so should you
You've never seen a book that includes unsolved problems?

>If the book doesn't have solutions to every problem, it's as good as trash.
If you believe this, you're as good as trash.

Does this woman have a fever?

Wrong.

lots of books give you near impossible problems

Thats how jews look without make up

This lack of confidence is probably a good thing; however, I recommend you anneal it slightly with looking for proof of incompetence.

What I mean is, determine the reason why you feel uncomfortable about your answer. Often times you can turn that into either the question you should be asking, or the question you really should be answering in the first place.

it makes me hard as af

Not that I know of, but I'm just a physishit

How do you even have time to solve all the problems in all of your books? Don't you have research to be doing?

t. freshman

>Reading textbooks at all

Joke's on you, I don't do any of them and instead I'll check out some university course-sites for exercises with proper indepth answers written for them in case I have trouble with them.

>not doing problem sets for the good feels

We are not even the same species.

>not masturbating after solving a really hard problem

>He does the problems at the end of the chapter
Best to take the test with an uncluttered mind. If you quit believing you need to have to have everything memorized you can figure out lots of underclassman-level math on the fly.

>He

>tfw the book has no solutions

jesus fucking christ, have you ever read something else than some pleb calculus book ?

As much as mathematicians love to pretend the opposite, a lot of math is about memorization and drilling.
If you can afford the time sink, solving the whole book will make the material stick to you like nothing else.