Will biological immortality be possible in my lifetime?

Will biological immortality be possible in my lifetime?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_diseases_(A)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_diseases_(B)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_diseases_(C)
youtu.be/RPZ-uWirIN4
youtube.com/watch?v=sOOebk_dKFo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is your lifetime that of an immortal?

I don't understand.

hes saying that its not possible in your lifetime

bc it'll take so long to achieve

No you dumb fuck. He's asking what her lifetime is. If it isn't finite then it's immortal, duh...

You're fucking stupid for posting animu

You're fucking retarded for responding to a muh immortality thread

You're fucking stupid

Veeky Forums in a nutshell folks.

You can still die with biological immortality from random events and accidents. (Like receiving a flower pot on your head, etc..). Due to the laws of probability, it is certain that you will die from a catastrophe, one day or the other. This alone make this type of immortality impractical, useless and undesirable.

Yes, but you won't be able to afford it.

There's nothing wrong with responding as long as you're sageing, stupid. Now go back to your stupid IQ thread.

>laws of probability
sounds very new age to me

>you have a small chance of dying from random shit
>so you should just do nothing and die from preventable shit
I hope you die, so you stop plaguing humanity with your blinding retardation

>Due to the laws of probability, it is certain
not how probability works

Probably not. In the end the key to "immortality" lies in the metabolism and genetic regulation of your cells. Since you're already existing all your cells have the same "flawed" architecture. It's not easy to gerne the necessary genetic changes into all relevant cells of your Body. Therefore you might live (very) Long, but probably not forever.

Obviously not, you brainlet, it will never be possible if you become so much of a robot, you seize being human, perhaps you will be able to live 1 or 2 hundred more years without trans-humanism, but not bloody immortality. And of course if you get hit by a truck you're going to die desu.
You're a brainlet, get out of my board.

>And of course if you get hit by a truck you're going to die desu.
How to spot a brainlet: using this fallacy in an immortality discussion

Outside of a transhumanist fantasy, no:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_diseases_(A)
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_diseases_(B)
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_diseases_(C)

Without death life has no meaning or weight

well.. your mean!

It will. Well, I guess... quoting vid related "are biological organisms the larval stage of digital computers or are digital computers the larval stage of biological organisms?" youtu.be/RPZ-uWirIN4
My point is some form of immortality is better than others, "digital life" could spread faster than any other. I dont immortality that far off.

Holy shit my drunken fingers cant type. Glad pic related feels like I do

>undesirable.

4u

Holy fuck there is so much wrong with this thread.
I mean hell, I'm willing to look past the anime posting, that isn't necessarily a crime on a website first dedicated to being a Japanese image posting board. Back to the point though, there is some hard core stupidity going on. A lack of understanding how probability works, logical fallacies, mixing subjective philosophies, etc.

This must be a containment thread.

OP, if this technology ever exists it will be purposely suppressed, sorry.

Worlds a fuck

yes, but only for a select few

we are currently in a blood tooth and nail rush with each other to obtain the wealth needed for eternal life, the next ~60 years are nothing compared to the 1000s that await, if you are one of the lucky few

pretty grimdark, I'm too lazy and have ADHD and autism so I'm fucked, good luck tho

remember me

I only clicked because of Karen.

But for real though, I suppose that it will take A LONG time to even get close to it. It will take even longer after that to fully master the technology for that stuff, and who knows, it may take longer after that to actually start getting it out to people. And then there is the whole philosophical part of this about whether it is right, as well as who should get it, who should not, et cetera. On top of all of this, I do not believe there are biologists and life science researchers even researching this topic and how to actually go about doing it. If such people were to do this how would society react?

That's just me though.

Wannabe scientists and mathematicians, I don't care about your fucked up assumptions, speak up in terms of practicality. If you truly think that biological immortality will let an individual live "forever" then be my guest. Can I refer you to the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Entropy will always kick in. Meaning chaos will always prevail, you'll die a day, that's a certainty.

Your retardness is showing up here user, I said biological immortality is not the method of achieving true immortality. That's why mind/brain uploading is somewhat the only procedure, a being can hope to achieve what you define as "immortality". Even then entropy will also kick in, and if you want immortality in terms of what you define as "forever" then you need to control the entropy of the universe or at least escape it's heat death.

Pls kys

Biological immortality will happen one day after you die.

Better get that grave ready!

Dont worry, i may be stupid but i can smash computer brains all day. They cant be immortal if machines can still break.

I don't think it's possible to become completely immortal, but expanding lifespan and retaining young appearance have some promising results.

u just need 2 listen to immortal to be immortal

youtube.com/watch?v=sOOebk_dKFo

It's already possible. It's just not for you.

Death isn't real.

kvlt