Favorite book reviews?

youtu.be/3KATfU2wZ6o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5-E5YJlL5aA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

the one when anthony fantano reviews blood meme in his bathroom

youtube.com/watch?v=5-E5YJlL5aA

Can someone tell me why is DFW hated on so much? I haven't read anything from him. Is he really as bad as the memes say he is?

yes

no hes just a meme, just like how everyone on /mu/ shits on In The Aeroplane Over the Sea all the time when it's secretly their favorite album

bs, he's horrible

You know what I really fucking hate?

When people start out their videos with 20 seconds of them saying, "Hey umm.....this is like um....Mushi....uh....doing an uh...interview....uh...no i mean like a review of um....a masterpiece...that's like...uh...called Infinite Jest"

all the while the TITLE of the goddamn video is called, "MUSHI REVIEWS INFINITE JEST!"

We goddamn know what the video is about before we even watch it assholes, because it's in the fucking title!!! Get on with the fucking review!!!

How? Could you please care to give me an actual explanation? What's so bad about him?

At one point in Infinite Jest, a character calls lsd the Yale University of drugs

bump

just read oblivion and see if you like him yourself. His novels are largely skippable. Parts of the Pale King are excellent but a lot is tedious and unpolished. Oblivion is the distilled version of his thought and is well-contained for the most part. He cuts out a lot of the bullshit (some of that bullshit which can be entertaining and amusing in my opinion) from his early work and demonstrates truthfully his pessimism and male insecurity, versus trying to make everyone else happy with objective philosophical truths and gives way to subjectivity, which is what makes good writing in my opinion.

bump

Kek

Why doesn't On The Road get the same status here as IJ?

Nice one, OP.

Stop spamming your shit video Jesus Christ

That's hardly a knock on the book itself, more so the childishness of the character.

First truly Pomo review of ij

Thought you were going to throw it into a dog poo

Good idea

Source?

10/10 review OP

How dare you

bump

Your dog seems pretty cool.

Greatest Review of All Time

they don't even meme itaots that much anymore
its all death grips and kanye threads for the most part now

For all its trappings as a "complex" novel IJ isn't difficult in the slightest to understand, the characters are forgettable, the prose is mediocre at best and really cringy a lot of the time, the themes are ham-fisted (ENTERTAINMENT IS AN ADDICTION MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN) and the whole world he invents is just stupid. It's just another piece of post-modern garbage

because old=good