Poorfag budgeting

I have around 80 usd(but you know, if I could spend less than that that would be good too) and need tips/advice on what to get in groceries to last this month. I have access to rice that I could learn to cook on the stove so there's that. I have salt, pepper, cayenne, and red chili flakes in terms of seasoning. I only have one 8 inch non-stick pan and a bunch of stainless steel pots but I could probably stand to invest in a nice stainless steel pan for stirfrying if I need to. Last thing is the only markets I have nearby are Albertsons and Ralphs, both of which are pretty expensive as shit to shop at even for only buying produce.

Get some steaks and lobster

>$80 for 3 weeks
Cook literally anything that isn't meat-focused dishes.
Pasta, rice dishes, bean, mexican, veggies
Then buy some meat and cook and mix it in

$80 is childs play

I know there's an 80-85% chance this is a shitpost, but:
-beans, dried is usually cheaper than canned but not by much depending on location
-rice
-eggs
-chicken
-potatoes
-really most root veggies
are all cheap as fuck, and unless you live in one of the worse shithole cities (in which case moving should be your priority) 80$ of the above will be enough to feed even a fatass for three weeks.
Learn to love simple food, stews, and beans in your chili and you can live off 20$ a week for years.

Nah I'm not shitposting. I live in California and shit's expensive as fuck. I should've included this but I'm also looking for simple recipes to go along with what groceries I could be buying. And I say I have 80 dollars but it would be even better if I could spend only like 40 or 50 dollars on the groceries.

I just have no idea what to make to keep up the variety. The only stuff I know how to make is simple pastas like aglio e olio or other pastas that use oil as the sauce pretty much. I can also make a simple cabbage and potatos dish that has onions and cut up sausages in it, but like I say, it's still coming out so expensive due to no access to cheaper markets. Those two dishes, when I make them, each make like 3 or 4 meals. I need more ideas though that can save even more money.

Get the fuck out of california you raging faggot, and if you're really that poor then get the ingredients first and make do with what you have. Buy a fuckton of beans and rice, some eggs, whatever veggies are cheapest (consider looking in the frozen section if you're desperate) and potentially some dead birds if they're cheap enough (also consider frozen if you're desperate), and figure out what to do with them once you get them. If you're poor enough you're having problems eating, then variety is and should not be your primary concern.

If it's that expensive then load up on rice, beans, lentils, and buy single chicken breasts for protein to cook, chop up, and mix into dishes.
People eat better on $1 a day in the 3rd world, if they can do it so can you.

Serious question: Why do people keep asking, "how do I eat on the cheap?" Take a fucking Sunday and carefully wander through the grocery aisles, compare prices of expensive processed garbage to whole food. Realize, hmm, minimally processed foods are cheap as shit.

I love how pissy California makes flyovers

I don't even like California all that much but any time I think about a reason not to like them, I remember that they really, really upset flyovers. And I can forgive a lot for that

In the third world they aren't paying a dollar for one onion though and certainly aren't paying the prices those in the west pay for spices and what not.

get a jar of natural peanutbutter without any sugar added, its about 6 dollars here in canada, sometimes i will have a spoonful of it as a light snack, dip raw vegetables into it, the peanutbutter is filling and nutritious and cheap calorically

buy whole rolled oats, not the quick kind, a metric shitload of them theyre cheap as fuck, learn how to cook them and eat that for your breakfast again its healthy and will keep you full. add sliced bananas and whatever fruit you can afford, cut up apples throw some cinnamon on it w/e

thats my contribution for u enjoy my friend

Flyovers get jelous

I live in California and I recently bought four steaks for ten dollars. If you can't afford that then go get some ebt cuz you need it friend

Hope that plastic has air-holes for Pigger.

>You will never be as comfy as that pig
Why even try

sleep tight porker

Is it me or is that a really long pig.

you're a long pig

Eggs.
Rutabaga.
Cabbage.
Potato.
Some types of fish are very cheap. Check out the frozen aisle at your grocery store.
Make sure to get some dried lentils too - cheap and fairly nutritous.

So you need to stay away from:
Vons
Pavillions
Sprouts
Albertsons.

My tip is that you cehck out the asian markets for fish and general seafood. You cab find great stuff for way cheaper.

Eggs. (Combine with most things)
Turnip. (Stew, soup)
Kohlrabi. (Creamed, soup)
Rutabaga. (Stew, soup)
Potato. (Stew, soup, gratin, creamed, pan-fried, deep-fried, baked)
Jerusalem artichokes (when in season[however that works in CA]). (Creamed, gratin, deep-fried)

Stay away from leafy greens (they cost more than they feed you[temporarily ofc while you do not have money]).
Stay away from processed junk (bad for you, bad for your wallet.

Go to WinCo if there is one nearby.

Mexican grocery stores man. I had to live off $20 every two weeks in San Diego for a long time, those stores will be your best friend as far as cheapest everything. Good luck to you.

None near me unfortunately.

eggs, canned tuna, ramen, frozen veg, flour, butter, yeast (learn to make your own bread) whole chickens, hot dogs, potatoes

d-did he died? :(

no he's just sleeping

Sleep tight porker

>if you wanna be fat:
canned meats and frozen pizzas (the cheap kind, a tombstone pizza is 3.25 where I ive), peanut butter and jam, canned chili with rice, etc.
>if you don't want to be fat:
prettymuch

Buy flour and make flatbread, all you need is a pinch of salt and some water to go with the flour. It should be even cheaper than rice and if you can find cheap whole wheat it will be a lot more nutritious too.

Good night porker

Best one yet.

Sleep tight, porker

Sleep tight, porker

F

Pretty sure I've seen this OP before or something extremely similar to this.

Breakfast
Just get some milk and cereal, malto meal is super cheap those ones that come in the huge bag and no box. Gallon of milk is like 2 bucks and can last a week, bag of that cereal is like 2 bucks tops

Lunch
Grab some of those cheap ass burritos that are like 3 for a dollar, or whatever other brand is cheap

Dinner
Pretty easy to live off some ramen noodles, added in veggies, and cooking some reduced meat to add in. 30 bucks of this should last you are 2 weeks.

For breakfast get, Oats, Grits or any hot cerial.

For lunch eat nothing

For dinner, pasta, curries, roast whole chickens and use the meat for soups ect

the pig's troubles are over now. Try not to be too jealous.

In what barbaric country do you live that is open on sunday?

what barbaric country do you live in where things *aren't* open on Sunday

Germany. Where people are still people and not worker drones

Reminds me of my family vacations to Denmark years ago. Sunday? Can't do shit, everything is closed.

>>worker drones
What does that have to do with anything? Nobody is saying that everyone has to work 7 days a week. It's not hard to figure out overlapping schedules. The people who work on the weekend have time off at other times during the week.

sleep tight porker