What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

>look at me i'm edgy
Nothing more

>I HATE MONDAYS

Heaven is yourself?

The play is like ten pages you mouthy fucking redditors, just read it

He probably didn't mean this, but I always took it as that sorting yourself out and coming to terms with your own desires and needs is "easy" as long as you don't include conflicts of interest with other people's desires and needs. e.g fucking people in the ass is a non-issue if you ignore their potential butthurt.

ITT: people who haven't intensely studied Being and Nothingness and existentialism in general

That line isn't a declaration of misanthropy, plebs.

The hell Sartre creates is one where people are incapable of blinking. There is no respite from the gaze of the other. This means there is no escape from being construed as an object, and the indignity the subject suffers because of this. It is a constant violation to be seen.

Of course, this notion, like the rest of Sartre's philosophy, makes much more sense once you read it biographically, and realize that pic related was his reality. Furthermore, he was legitimately 5 feet tall.

Manlet philosophy, not even once. If you must do existentialism, read Kierkegaard instead of the amphetamine troglodyte. Steer clear of #YOLO #ABSURDITY #CIGARETTES guy at all costs.

Nothing in the natural world is as bad as the things people do to each other (and themselves).

other people make you self-conscious, or something like that

Manlets never learn

>amphetamine troglodyte
lol. amphetamine writing is obscene

>ITT: people who haven't intensely studied Being and Nothingness

What, you mean people with just a modicum of self-respect and a slight understanding that their time on this earth is limited?

Why in the fuck would you ever spend any time whatsoever studying fucking Sartre?

>one of the world's most famous writer
>can't afford dental care

Read the play.

If you don't want to study him in the first place than stop fucking pretending to know what he's about and stop misinterpreting his quotes, you plen

I can identify with this. Better start reading Sartre.

I didn't interpret his quote, mon ami.

Wasn't the guy always around hot chicks?

read "Concrete Relations with Others" and the surrounding material in Being and Nothingess, specifically the stuff about "the look"

>This means there is no escape from being construed as an object, and the indignity the subject suffers because of this. It is a constant violation to be seen.

Man I resonate with this, where does he write about this?

Precisely for the reason you just stated. The only difference is that, unlike you, I would rather spend my time learning and brooding, then out with the normies getting drunk innawoods.

Being and Nothingness

He means. ^there's one ! He's worth it when he said that there is some warm carrousel and some not. somewhere grows a man, hes hell of a slow and formly man like station in the scents he's shit almost.. know only of man which he cannot relate 100. This, true he spelled that fast, experience onto the three others of then sordid tent born experience . another sombre adult on adult Saturday noon Willis. in say we escape into the only shown film; adult film and here we are boring still. Since then when we have to seem sharp for this slow yet dark karmic professional. that we seem demented in his karma is halves she'd wed AND we know baby only to react for him after almost there scrying of his meagre sneezes or chilling colds. Ant another illusion of vestibule. Eagle spectre over his. A snot filminess cut between there to be fluent and caught half chore betweent in ones firm grasp on the eye and sculpture mass. Hey, so that you CAN affirm him of his unwitting state of arrival. Look in his eyes. be sold on his rare allure drought dear womans pants this famous season.

I can't visit your hell

And can not visit you

Wat is joke?

he wrote this after he got his shit kicked in