So I found tapeworms in my food at a restaurant. There were 3 in total ranging from 2-4 inches...

So I found tapeworms in my food at a restaurant. There were 3 in total ranging from 2-4 inches. The fish they were in was grilled and presumably frozen beforehand. Am I going to be ok? I might have eaten partial pieces.

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/nutrition/does-metabolism-vary-between-two-people/
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.21538/full
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperparasite
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

F

you don't seem to imply that you talked to restaurant staff so I'm getting the feeling this aint true

Sometimes tapeworms will leave you system without you even noticing.
If you're worried, go to the doctor they can give you antiparasitic drugs.

That's what you get for eating fish.
They're around 10% parasite by mass.
You've just never noticed how many there were in all the other fish you've eaten over the years

I talked to him, he brushed it off and said it was part of the fish. Afterwards I went to some vendors and they confirmed it was worms. I've contacted BBB and the Health Department

More bang for your buck

it's true, they were part of the fish, and now they're part of you

Top kek

kek

>it was part of the fish

Well, he wasn't lying. A good fishmonger will remove most of the parasites before selling the fish. Sometimes they don't get them all. Even Costco salmon has a bunch of them. I have a strange, sneaking suspicion that you're just used to eating tilapia, and weren't prepared for real fish.

If the fish was cooked up to temp then you probably don't have much to worry about.
Monitor your health and if you notice any digestive changes contact a doctor and let them know the date of when you think you came into contact with a parasite.

BBB is a fucking meme. they do nothing.

Got it, thanks. It was a pretty big chain restaraunt california, anyway I could make some money off this?

fucking jew

I hope the worms kill you jew

Looks like the parasites found one of their own

nvm bro nothing to worry about. parasites cant hurt other parasites

You'll be happy to know that you will not make money off this. I just told you that even Costco salmon has parasites. They are literally a part of the fish. It's unavoidable.

Feel free to try though.

So many salmon fillets I've cooked and eaten and never thought to check for worms.

step into my shower

I've spent years of my life traveling around Asia, Africa, and Latin America eating all the nasty street food I can get ahold of and never got worms (and I take anti worm pills of various types every ~6 months to be sure and I'd know).

The one time I got worms (pinworms) it was in Canada, and I'm pretty sure it was a Chinese place.

As long as I don't get ill it gives me comfy feeling knowing a parasite might be all cozy inside me.

Lol, you won't get anything. Worms are a natural occurrence in fish, not maliciously placed there by any employee. If one gets past them, well, that sucks. But it's not really a damage.

...also all top of the food chain fish is full of worms, this is why it's all frozen before it's delivered to consumers. Also why Ben if you manage to catch your own fresh tuna or whatever you need to freeze it first (as with any wild game meat).

I catch my fish in a river, usually walleyes. I can only imagine how many parasites I am teeming with.

YAMERO

>recently started putting raw eggs in to go with my fried rice
>see thread
>mfw

wtf. seems like you struck a nerve off this one. must be a lot of back kitchen cucks on Veeky Forums.

kek
parasites are part of eating fish, it is expected, you can't 100% remove them
you are going to be fine, a dead worm won't do shit for you

where did you eat?

Was the worm alive

>to be sure and I'd know
how do you know?

You're saying that thoroughly cooking it won't be enough?

oh look, another 'gross out' thread by the gross out spammer.

Fun fact, some scientists think we're actually supposed to have worms in us and some of our digestive issues are caused by how hygienic and parasite free our food is these days, because the worms undulate massages and stimulates our colon walls and they help break down undigested 'leftovers' that may otherwise cause impaction

Sounds like they're just full of shit to me though.

I always wondered about the idea that when people eat much, but don't gain weight, that they may have a tape worm eating all their food.

But if they don't get fat themselves because the tape worm ate it, why doesn't the tape worm get fat instead? I mean, it's calories in = calories out for the tape worm too, right?

The tape worm doesn't get "fatter" it gets longer and has more babies
Then your insides start to look like spaghetti.

If it makes you feel better there are more bacterial cells in your body than your own cells

eat raw onion and garlic an that will murder all parasites and they will come out yo ashole

Pro tip, they don't just eat the food in your stomach and then you have to pull them out of your asshole. I might just go to the doctor now.

California fish grill
Nope

Pretty much everyone contracts a tapeworm or pinworm or something in their lives and don't even know it. Even if you don't do anything there's a good chance it'll just pass through harmlessly.

dont worry. your stomach acid is enough to kill them.

It'll be enough to kill the parasite, sure, but it will still be there.

ホリブック。

Humans are such a new species that not enough time has passed to be sure. All mammals are host to something or other, but they have had millions of years to get used to them.

Yes they do.

Become one with your parasite

Mass is mass, no matter what direction it grows or multiplies in. You should gain weight even though it's not technically your weight.

lol seafoodfags BTFO

It got me out of an ATT contract a few years ago

>eat food
>lose weight
>get mad
y tho

half of you is some foreign bacteria anyway. parasites keep your immune system occupied.

OY VEY!

Fucking hell that's disgusting

Nothing like fresh fish!

Tape worms are flat and segmented either way if it was cooked its dead and must tape worms humans eat are killed off by our system

I've read about that parasite, it eats the fishes tounge and then sits in the fishes mouth and eats the food that the fish eats.

Drink lots of alcohol OP

Lol that shit is from a found footage sci-fi movie called The Bay. that isn't real

This isn't real right? I know there's probably cysts and eggs and stuff but full worms like that? I'm not taking this well.

worm pills make you shit the worms out. I'm guessing this world explorer checks his shit while he's busy smelling it in admiration

metabolism works very differently for different people. I know Veeky Forums thinks its a meme but calories in = calories out is way too simplistic a concept to explain human weight changes

>metabolism works very differently for different people.
Except that's not actually true. The overwhelming majority of human beings have nearly identical metabolic rates. It would be extraordinarily rare for a person to be different than most people.
examine.com/nutrition/does-metabolism-vary-between-two-people/

>>calories in = calories out is way too simplistic a concept to explain human weight changes
It is a simplisic concept, but it's absoloutely true. It doesn't get much more funamental than that.

Want to know why some people think it doesn't explain human weight changes? Those people are simply bad at counting calories.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.21538/full

I was talking more about resting metabolism and how for some people they simply don't burn as many calories. You're referring to the majority of the population and I'm referring to edge cases. However, we're talking about two different things we're kinda both right.

Only the eggs have a layer that protects them against them against the stomach acid. And they die in heat so you'll be fine.

Effective and convincing troll or jew. Either way congrats on your many (((yous))) on this glorious Indonesian crayola drawing by numbers micro blog website.

>t. fatass

>there are people who actually believe this

Yes, they are burried in the flesh of the fish, you only notice them once you take it apart for eating.

It's a part of eating fish.
Maybe you didn't notice them before because you tought they were just part of the fish.

>Jew complaining about parasites

ironic.

>the entirety of physics is too simple to explain why im a fatass

>so why even bother trying *chomp*

Futerama, when fry got worms?

>worm pills
are there specific types of pills for the type of worm, or do you just go to the pharmacy and grab a bottle labeled "worm pills" and it works for all of them?

Afaik there are two main kinds. One that works best for intestinal worms and are usually very small, and one that works best for organ worms and is usually a big pill. Both work pretty well for all works though afaik.

These pills are pennies each in the developing world and sometimes hundreds of dollars each in the US! Stock up when you're traveling.

Ivermectin is the active ingredient, a broad spectrum antiparasitic. Side effects are rare and not severe, so pretty much anyone should take a dose if they remotely suspect they've been exposed.

fucking underrated

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperparasite

its not a big fucking deal
just go to the doctor and they'll prescribe you some pills, and you'll be shitting them out in a few hours

it's only a problem if you have tapeworms in your system for a long time without you knowing

Should've posted a really scathing Yelp review.

Metabolism is in the calories out side of the equation moron

>complaining about free organic fish noodles
do Americans really do this?

post 1: >five replies all angrily lashing out at someone saying something that could sound like Tumblr
post 2: >zero responses to the same opinion with actual research

I'm sorry that stating a fact (some people burn calories differently than others) triggered you guys so much. I'm sure you'll eventually count the calories out of your mothers' basement. Actually excising and boosting your resting metabolism so that you don't need to count calories like an autist hard sounds too difficult, doesn't it?

Buy some chewing tobacco and chew it OP

What this guy said lmfao

I personally agree with you. That shit is fucking disgusting. If I found fucking worms in my food I would demand a refund and leave.

Then burn down the restaurant.

>didn't notice them before because you tought they were just part of the fish
flashbacks, holy shit

>demand a refund and leave
I'd sue if I found worms