Black people have struggled for hundreds of years from oppression...

Black people have struggled for hundreds of years from oppression, slavery and racism but they have never produced any significant literature or classic books.

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ICgj03-Jo0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They didn't know how, or have the time, to read and write.

Do you guys plug your ears and close your eyes during Black history month? I was fucking swamped with that shit.

I guess that's what I get for having a life outside of your babyboy safespace

They made music instead

Everyone and everything has struggled since the dawn of time

Yeah I had to be physically removed from the auditorium that our school held the black history month presentation in. I threw an autistic fit because I couldn't come to terms with the fact that black people did stuff.

hard to get published when no one takes you seriously

You're a real Dumas

Toni Morrison nigga

Pushkin was black too

Sadie smith

You reek of racism and incompetence I hope your op was bait niqqua

>Chinua Achebe
>Ngugi wa Thiong'o
>Ousmane Sembene
>Olaudah Equiano
>Frederick Douglass
>Langston Hughes
>Zora Neale Hurston
>W.E.B. Dubois
>Booker T. Washington
>Ralph Ellison
>Toni Morrison

What did you mean by this?

muh african authors

They created every genre of music from the 20th and 21st century

i will read those faggots when they get real human names

>Black people have struggled for hundreds of years from oppression, slavery and racism
that's why

>Film Scores

>OP hasn't read Dumas, Pushkin, Baldwin, or Iceberg
>he hasn't even had oppression to keep him busy
i bet your life is bland enough talking about artisan coffee and craft beers are highlights.

>film scores
>a genre
>not just classical composers getting paid

This

JUST

>music
>implying
Bix noods, muh nigga.

Using instruments invented by whites

Invisible Man is a genuine masterpiece.
Song of Solomon is very good as well.

The 'oppression' narrative is one of my favorites. Leftists actively complain that 'minorities' have struggled in society-building mainly because they have been oppressed by whites but they never stop to to think WHY it was that whites were able to oppress them in the first place.

How did we gain the power to oppress them? Simple: we were better FROM THE START. Only through our superiority were we able to gain the power over them needed to 'oppress' them.

>Black
>history
>month

lol

Wole Soyinka?

wow really makes u think

>Dumas, Pushkin

What if it was their white side that made them write?

niggers can't read let alone write
their greatest literary purpose was serving as an allegory backdrop in heart of darkness for the savagery and animal nature of man

They have been immensely succesful in music instead

>AYO NIGGA DROP ME YOUR MIXTAPE
I don't recall a negro Wagner existing

Blues, Jazz and Soul originated in the Black communities. Obviously the offshoots of that were made popular largely by whites, but still

go back to your containment board

Blues, Jazz and Soul are largely devoid of actual merit and I won't accept that they were innovated by blacks unless I see a convincing source

I can't really provide that source

also rock music is a black creation, also house music, also disco, also etc

>okay class, it's time to read Langston hughes's poem about dreams...again

Then it cannot be accepted because it because it is both unproven and highly unlikely considering the ethnic and cultural features of 20th century America

>mfw a racist tries to deny that blacks originated genres when black metal exists

>why are these girls refusing to dance with me
>i have displayed formal interest in their party and still they refuse
>why do they persist with this annoyance
>do they not see that i wish to court them
>that negro music! there lies the key!

>implying I go to parties
>implying I would stain my soul with the sort of girl to attend such repulsive orgies

you throw very important words around too liberally when you are shitposting.

you don't have proper regard for them.

There are some "deep" rap songs.
Yes most of it is degenerate dogshit.
But some nice meaningful poetry is expressed from time to time.

why don't you spend the two seconds it takes to verify the claims yourself then
or would you rather continue sitting there all happy in your own ignorance

the burden of proof lies with the originator of the claim, I am very assured of my own correctness

>I am very assured of my own correctness
so continue sitting there all happy in your own ignorance it is

I audibly keked.

'Art' that is heavily pushed as significant because there's vacuum to fill != art that is significant.

I checked out Invisible Man on a whim and is easily one of the best novels I've ever read.

>Blues, Jazz
Imitation of western music
>Soul
Cheesy singing, yeah such soul muh negroid

Autobiography of an Ex-colored Man

>OP ask why Blacks are so shit at writing
>Niggers immediately go muh muzic!
>Examples of """"black"""" """"""literature"""""" shown thus are objectively shit when compared to white man's writing.

Why is it always this case?

>Cheesy singing, yeah such soul muh negroid

This line right here is why you are no fun to be around.

>coming up with this from a list of authors that includes the author of Trick Baby
try reading, you might find out

Because Nietzsche was a hack.

I remember I was guilt tripped by a prof into reading Zora Neale Hurston and it was terrible

>tfw no Derek Walcott
the man was a legend, his poetry is some of the best that the late 20th cen. had to offer

Pushkin is 1/8th black lmao

Was so ahead of the game that he wrote modernist literature before modernist lit existed

All the innovative and regarded blues and jazz musicians are/were black. You only have to even slightly delve into the music to realise this.

How wilfully ignorant can you be?

*clears throat*

fuck off racists, Conrad is a bigot so his works should be discarded

>pushkin was black

so this is american education

>Pushkin is 1/8th black lmao
you know he didn't pass as white, right? especially with his lineage being a big claim to fame, but even just looking at his portraits, it doesn't seem any of the artists thought he looked white either.

maybe they darkened him in some artist's conspiracy, but octroons are a whole thing even when they don't become famous at the time. pretty much every culture at the time worth any literary salt would have considered him one. he's definitely not white skinned like plessy.

These thread are always the same
>Why haven't non-whites accomplished anything in [art]
>here are some examples that prove you wrong
>these aren't valid because [bullshit reasons]

We have similar tastes.

Leave your safe space and actually talk to a black person. Then you will realise they are all dumb af.

>Why?
African geography is shit.

See: Robert Johnson
It is actually very, very likely that the blues was a black creation. It originated in the Mississippi delta among former slaves. Robert Johnson was pretty much the first recorded blues singer. You should do some research instead of just spouting your ignorant "opinions"

>we wuz folkz and sheit my nigger
Ignorant? Since youre so educated can you prove yourself or youre just a parrot? Bet you can't even comprehend species counterpoint you fucking dirty brainlet. Pseuds like you are the worst

Pop music is garbage.

there is no deep music

This. Only subhumans and weaklings need to make themselves look like victims

>we were better FROM THE START

This is historically ignorant. Whites just had a good ride of luck. The muslims locked them off from the sweet trade routes, so the Iberians decided to go exploring to find a direct route to India, on the way they found Americas and were able to bully China out of the market. Before the 1400s Europeans were basically pleb tier society, technologically inferior to the east, despite living a very agriculturally fecund region.

There were cities and civilizations in Africa, but its hard to have much in the way of technological or scientific advancement when you live in a region that doesn't support human food needs as well as others. Many regions of African lend themselves far better to tribal societies, and in tribal societies there is little need for technological advancement.

Once you start stockpiling wealth, use your diseases and Eurasian weapons to colonize and steal from people who've never had to worry about wide competition, then you can take all your acquired wealth back to the old world and lord it over the other people who didn't share the same adventures.

Whites are basically no better than jews.

Not only that, but when you talk about African slaves, its not like its the whites themselves who were responsible for that. Most African slaves were sold by Africans themselves.

butthurt arab detected

>be "le edgy Veeky Forums racist xD"
>say blacks are incapable of producing art
>get proved wrong
>"LALALALA CANT HEAR YOU THEYRE NIGGERS WHICH AUTOMATICALLY MAKES IT BAD"
Yeah, most rap music is garbage, and contemporary urban black culture is degenerate as shit, but you can't deny actual artists just for your irrational racist beliefs.

Still hasn't proved me wrong you fucking brainlet subhuman

Only W.E.B. Dubois is worth reading there.

I understand whites weren't the first to have a civilization, we just did it the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=ICgj03-Jo0Y

this is why.

manlet negro detected

>the auditorium that our school held the black history month presentation in.
>black history month presentation

Please tell me these aren't real. No wonder Americans are so obsessed with "social justice" if they're having special indoctrination sessions in school.

hahah

It's not indoctrination, it's just a presentation of their culture and history. It is one day for like an hour that different students put together. It varies from school to school though.

Are you honestly that surprised? All institutional education is indoctrination. Although, to even have such a thing as "black history month" thwarts its own premise, i.e. its very existence presupposes that black people need the state and the (mostly white) educational infrastructure to justify their history to them.

Yes, they are real.

That's a lot of resentment.

>Before the 1400s Europeans were basically pleb tier society, technologically inferior to the east, despite living a very agriculturally fecund region.
Umm sweetie we already had the whole of Antiquity plus some real awesome shit by 1400. The West by 900 had already achieved more than the sum of everything else ever done by mankind.

Fuck off

>It's not indoctrination, it's just a presentation of their culture and history

Why do blacks get their own month out of the hundreds of ethnic groups that inhabit America? It's obviously politically motivated. Why don't you have a German History Month or an Irish History Month?

No, I'm not that surprised, just kind of saddened. It's always depressing to learn how partisan the American """""education"""""" system is, but it goes a long way towards explaining the current identity politics trainwreck.

I wouldn't expect it to be much better in Europe (e.g. Nazi literature being banned in Germany). This is why I will homeschool my children. When they're old enough to ask to go to a public school, I'll let them, and when they come home asking me "HOW COULD YOU LET ME THINK THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA" I'll simply laugh and shrug my shoulders.

Why do you get so aggressive over the fact that black people have made worthwhile art before?

I wonder..

>Pop

Pop music is the result of non-black people getting their hands on it.

niggers are fucking retarded

>What is uncle tom's cabin?

I was home schooled for a few years out of necessity and it was honestly pretty nice. I usually got my lessons done in three or four hours and could go play for the rest of the day and do whatever I wanted. Actual school has a lot of useless filler that could be cut out, probably half of it is just taxpayer funded daycare desu. When I went back to normal school my grades were also a lot higher because I knew how to study on my own and be efficient.

>W.E.B. Dubois

GOAT

Rhodesia is gay as fuck. I mean, I know it's hot and all, but I live in a hot place, no
need for this faggotry.

Australia?
The closest estimate would be trekking through the bush in summer for who knows how long, you'd cut the sleeves of your shirt and the legs of your trousers within a week if the local flora allowed it

>Umm sweetie we already had the whole of Antiquity plus some real awesome shit by 1400. The West by 900 had already achieved more than the sum of everything else ever done by mankind

This isn't true. Read some history, pleb. You can't just hold on to Ancient Greece forever. Other regions had similar civilizations. After Greece, Europe fell behind until the discovery of Americas and resulting naval tech improvements.

(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)

oh man this is the stupidest fucking post ever

it is INSANELY hard to figure out ways in which pre-1400 Europe outpaced the rest of Eurasia. like, unless you want to make some kind of case for ancient Greek philosophy as being actually superior to ancient Indian philosophy, and it's really hard to see a way to do that (besides just saying that the West is more powerful now, therefore ancient Greek philosophy must have been better)

be less intellectually dishonest