Anyone else here trying to make it?

Anyone else here trying to make it?

I unironically want to be a great writer. I've written a lot and plan to write more. I've gotten a small handful of short stories published, but not in any major venues. Still trying to find an agent for my longer stuff. Does anyone else here aspire to beauty and grandeur?

I wanted to make something like a graphic novel but I suppose it's similar.
Any suggestion on how to start writting?

>Any suggestion on how to start writing?

Think of a story and tell it. It's really just that simple.

Later on, you'll write more stories, and you'll read other stories by other people, and then you'll begin to realize they're doing things with their stories that you're not doing. You'll notice that you like their stories more than your own stories, so you'll start to tell new stories that copy some of the things from other writers' stories in some way. And you'll repeat this process over and over, until you write good stories, and you'll keep repeating it until you write stories that are great.

If you cant have beauty and grandeur than you have a duty to sustain delusions of them.

Finishing my MA in lit studies next week, then going to Spain for a month. Already have a project to translate a play into English. From there, I'm going to rewrite it to American politics. If I can get it mounted with my girlfriend here, I'll have established a platform hopefully to publish my own plays, and I'll have time to actually do creative writing once my studies are over.

Find a niche, network, find opportunities with other like-minded people that can give you tangentially related work. Maybe something will come of it. Probably not though. That's just how it is.

Thanks for the advice, user, and good luck.

Sure.

if you look for agents and publishing houses you will always be a literally who mediocre shit

I am trying to make it as a composer.

In the last 2 years, after having finished studying both piano and composition in one of the best conservatory in my countey, I've released and had performed 5 string quarters, 1 concerto for piano and string ensemble, 1 wind octet and surprisingly 1 symphony.
There are no money in composition, but I'm still getting good reviews and a fair number of performances for a 21 years old nameless composer.
All of these works are, I think (and I'm not the only one), excellent, but they're still not masterpieces. I'm studying, composing and practicing day and night to make it: I'm unironically trying to reach the peaks that Monteverdi, Bach, Beethoven and Schumann reached, which means that I've still got decades of work to do.

Wish me luck, I'll put the effort.

what city?

I am not trying to "make it." I compare the novelization process to an extended and parasitic pregnancy. I want this thing out of me and fast so I can move on with my life. Nevertheless, it feels as though I have come very close, closer than ever before, possibly. I cannot envision a time or place when writing this damn novel would be any easier than it is now. I realize that the mind wanders and the themes addressed in the book may not even interest me in several years time, in fact I may just find them appalling.

I want to be decisive. I want to decide. The role of an author does not necessarily correspond to that of a leader. I lack the credentials of an advisor. But lately I have noticed that my words have sway, that people listen for and care about my opinion. I cannot say when exactly this happened, but I am glad of it. Since I have inexplicably become someone in real life I no longer have a pressing need to invent fictional realities of which I am master. I feel the need to master my own reality.

Want to be an accomplished poet.
Is this harder or easier than a novelist?

We can't all self-publish our way to success like Proust, user.

Meh, I just enjoy writing and enjoy seeing my work published in whatever journals or papers it gets it, regardless how small.

I always feel like I OUGHT to create something
Don't really know why
I've felt this way since I was like 15, but my teen years were a mess (depressed drugged up idiot), so I didn't create anything back then aside from short stories they make you do in english clases and some songs in my free time
I'm always thinking about that book I want to write but never actually write it, it seems like my mind just can't sustain it. The closest people to me always tell me I should do somethine with these inner problems of mine, but they don't understand that being a neurotic mess doesn't translate into artistic talent
I try to write regularly, just whatever it comes to my mind so I don't lose the habit, sigh
much harder, imo

What kind of music are you composing.
I'm 21 and I compose to. I've conducted before.

>I've gotten a small handful of short stories published, but not in any major venues.
What did he mean by this?

Particularly complex (never at the expense of the music itself) and rather short (my longest piece is only 31 minutes lonb) tonal compositions.
There is a great emphasis on rythms, melodic counterpoint and structure: the result is extremely sentimenta, multifacetedl and lively.

>tfw I gave up on the idea of getting published and just write for fun on my own time

Feels liberating desu

Do you have a link/midi/anything ?
The music I compose is tonal too, I've completed a trio for strings, a serenade for winds (more like a suite) and a piano concerto, as well as some small piano works.

I'm genuinely interested in hearing your music.

Would you mind sharing with us one of your compositions?

The easiest way to get published is to have children after you finish your manuscript. Then you wait for them to have children, and make sure they are raised to bare their teeth and persevere, but also love their dear grandfather. All the while, make sure no-one knows about your writing. Then leave your finished manuscript buried in the garage somewhere and blow your brains out.

Not the same user, but I'd like to hear some of that. I understand, though, that you probably don't want to expose yourself.

you're a cuck